Should we bail on Moss?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Re: Should we bail on Moss?

Moss + play action with two TE's and a burner @ the #2 WR position ='s Revis burned 1 on 1 with NO help.

watch and learn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

he will be fine.  If he wants one last payday he knows he cant do anythign stupid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Should we bail on Moss?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should we bail on Moss? : Ahhhh...we lacked a STEADY deep threat all last year. Riddle me this How many deep balls to Moss turned into Brady INTs due to Moss waiving at the ball? It happened.
    Posted by 183CLV[/QUOTE]

Listen clown, how many of those balls were under thrown by Brady? Most. Brady was under, over and everywhere but putting the ball in Moss' hands throwing last season. Brady needs to work on his deep ball. Without Moss Welker would be ineffective. He'd have a safety and Reevis on his @$$. Moss draws coverage that opens space for Wesley to run. There is a reason why Welker was a relative unknown before he teamed with Moss and Brady. 

To quote Mighty, 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with the OP on this deal.  Moss has been under performing his TALENT level, the effort doesn't make me super happy, and can not or will not elevate at all any more.  I'm a bit tired of it.  NOW he pulls this.  He knows better.  If Logan Mankins doesn't get a pass for calling out management, neither does Moss.  Tell him to shut up and play.  If he won't do either, send him to Minnesota for whatever.  We are apparently moving on, anyway.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Mankins called the owner a liar. To the best of my knowledge, Moss never said that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Not at all, stupid question.  Easily the best WR in franchise history you do what you have to to keep him around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Hess we will see in week two won't we. Suckchez will go the way of Matt soon enough. About my annoyning quote, most scared little boys don't like to be reminded of how pathetic they are. I was actually going to get rid of it because I had it on my page for over a year but now that I know you don't like it.......well I think even a dummy like can figure out what i'm going to do now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

In the past 3 seasons, Randy Moss has 250 receptions, 3765 yds, and 47 TD's. Not one player in the Pats locker room has said one bad word about him. Belichek never has a bad thing to say about him, and actually always speaks VERY highly of Randy when asked.

So exactly what is it that we expected from him that he has not delivered on? Why would he not expect a new contract, and if any of you were in his shoes, and put up those numbers I listed, I'm sure you'd be saying ALOT worse than he has if you were still waiting on an extension.

Not re-signing Randy after this season would be a MAJOR step backward for this team. Tate, Price, Edelman, and even Welker......NONE of them have an impact on a defense the way that Randy does. Welker gets 100+ catches every season because the defenses focus on stopping Moss.

Anyone who does not realize this really needs to open their eyes. I have no issue with his remarks....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Dave- How are ya my horribly accented neighbor from the North? If you don't like what I'm posting then just simply use the "Ignore "feature offered to ALL users of the BDC sports forum. It's a wonderful feature that I use on a daily basis.You wouldn't believe some of the things that people write in here. Can you believe that some people actually "name call" in here. I find it both infantile and yet cowardly at the same time. What do you think?
    Posted by Hess--Jets[/QUOTE]

I have no accent to speak of.  And I DON'T live north of you, toad.  I don't ignore flaming $h1tbags, I STOMP THEM OUT.  You don't get a pass from me, troll.  I also will call you whatever names I wish.  If you don't like it, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  Your ignorance is in a downhill race with your stupidity, and whichever wins it means whatever you say is drivel.  You are a toad.  Go to the toad home for jet fans.  If that is what you are.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slapointe1232. Show slapointe1232's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah Revis did play last year and Moss had a combined 50 yards against the mighty and vaunted Jets Defense. Go look it up.I'm not a stats geek but the #'s will show you just that.Moss=NON factor!
    Posted by MasterHess-[/QUOTE]

See that's why I hate stats. yeah, he only had 50 yards, but in that second game how did Wes Welker do? I think it was what, 15 catches? The Jets paid so much attention to Moss, it caused Welker to explode. So indirectly he was a factor...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should we bail on Moss? : Listen clown, how many of those balls were under thrown by Brady? Most. Brady was under, over and everywhere but putting the ball in Moss' hands throwing last season. Brady needs to work on his deep ball. Without Moss Welker would be ineffective. He'd have a safety and Reevis on his @$$. Moss draws coverage that opens space for Wesley to run. There is a reason why Welker was a relative unknown before he teamed with Moss and Brady.  To quote Mighty, 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

He wasn't a relative unknown.  He tore us up twice.  He killed us in the pass game, then kicked a field goal to beat us once.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The patriots will need another go to guy by mid season. Moss is a lazy WR and if you need proof just watch the replay on the Interception play from the last preseason game against the NYG... He made little or no effort in an attempt to tackle the DB who intercepted the ball.,granted the game had no meaning.If it was a regular season game and he gave the same level of effort I'd boo him off the field....The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league! Taking the last 5 games of Moss's in consideration he is not worth a contract extention.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]The patriots will need another go to guy by mid season. Moss is a lazy WR and if you need proof just watch the replay on the Interception play from the last preseason game against the NYG... He made little or no effort in an attempt to tackle the DB who intercepted the ball.,granted the game had no meaning.If it was a regular season game and he gave the same level of effort I'd boo him off the field....The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league! Taking the last 5 games of Moss's in consideration he is not worth a contract extention.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

You want to take a look at that play again? I see a massively under-thrown ball by Brady, three Giants DBs making room for Rolle. I suppose the INT was Moss' fault, too? Jesus, that bozo in your name is used correctly. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

[QUOTE]The patriots will need another go to guy by mid season. Moss is a lazy WR and if you need proof just watch the replay on the Interception play from the last preseason game against the NYG... He made little or no effort in an attempt to tackle the DB who intercepted the ball.,granted the game had no meaning.If it was a regular season game and he gave the same level of effort I'd boo him off the field....The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league! Taking the last 5 games of Moss's in consideration he is not worth a contract extention.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]
    Just curious why the people who question Moss' heart and effort, usually the media, not his teammates, never bother to mention how he's missed only 6 games in a 12 year career. Didn't he play about half the season with a separated shoulder? Few players have ever gutted it out through pain and still played at an elite level like him. Never gets mentioned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should we bail on Moss? : He wasn't a relative unknown.  He tore us up twice.  He killed us in the pass game, then kicked a field goal to beat us once.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

So what? He kicks our @$$, but he went from a career year in Miami catching 67 passes for 687 yards to 3 1000+ yard seasons with Brady and Moss. You tell me if he was a known commodity. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Oh I  see some of the gloom and doom fans are back.  I say we stick with him unless he gives a reason to bail. Instead of talking he should just not make any dumb comments and say yeah I want to finish a Patriot and win a couple SBs

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sometimes I hate Patriots fans.  Players are going to get pissed off about contracts.  It's just part of the business.  Clamoring to have them run out of town anytime they express any dissatisfaction with their contract situation is idiotic.  Before long, you'll end up with a team full of no-names who are happy with their contracts only because they're not good enough to get paid any more anywhere else.  The good players expect to get paid.  The good players will sometimes get pissed off about contracts.  It's part of life.  Deal with it like an adult.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Sometimes I hate Patriots fans.  Players are going to get pissed off about contracts.  It's just part of the business.  Clamoring to have them run out of town anytime they express any dissatisfaction with their contract situation is idiotic.  Before long, you'll end up with a team full of no-names who are happy with their contracts only because they're not good enough to get paid any more anywhere else.  The good players expect to get paid.  The good players will sometimes get pissed off about contracts.  It's part of life.  Deal with it like an adult.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    +1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot54too. Show patriot54too's posts

[QUOTE]I understand what you guys are saying and your on solid ground. But look at last year, was Moss at his best? No. Did he quit in several games? I would say yes no question. Did he get beat on many long throws where he never fought for the ball and allowed the defender to take the ball away? I would say yes. And this year it's been twice now he's run his mouth and the season hasn't even started. The time to worry about a kichen fire is when it's still confined to the pan and not when the whole house goes up. I think it's a very fair question and concern as to what Moss brings to the table this year not only in performance but in his ability (or lack thereof) to not allow his personal situation to hurt the team. I hope at seasons end I have to eat crow as he had a great year. But I'm looking at him with a squinted eye and I'm wondering....
    Posted by 183CLV[/QUOTE]

I don't think you know jack about football, the Patriots or Randy Moss!
    There are 32 coaches in the NFL, including Randy's own head coach that are amazed at his ability, physicality and performance.  Thirty-two head coaches, 31 have to game plan for him during the course of the NFL season.  That is AMAZING...Randy still strikes fear into opposing teams.  Enough said!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Should we bail on Moss? : Great idea, replace Randy Moss with Darnell Jenkins.  It's surprising you're not working in pro personnel somewhere.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

You cant argue on a guy with a framed picture of Cosmo Kramer for an avatar.  as for the original poster, dont matter what you do.  You had better pray to the football gods that Moss dont bail on you!!!!  If Moss is unmotivated he can make an unhappy Brandon Marshall look like an amature.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Moss always blocks. He was hurt last year and still blocked. I hope we give him his coin and he retires a Pat. He makes the games exciting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I have always been on the fence with Moss, but I generally agree with those who say that he brings more good than bad.  He is an undeniable talent.  He commands respect from opposing defenses.  All we hear is that his teammates love him and that he's a hard worker -- he was a captain, which should tell us something.  Most importantly, Brady obviously loves having him around.  But then we hear the griping to the media about how he's not appreciated, loved or respected.  And then he loses me. 

Part of me wishes that the Pats would move on and go back to being a team that spreads the wealth on offense.  I miss the days of Branch, Brown, Givens and Patten.  They currently have some legit TE prospects and some promising young receivers.  Maybe Tom should abandon the Moss and Welker show and make this offense less predictable. But then I realize that Moss makes a 25 yard catch look easy, and that I should appreciate him while he's here.  

If Moss is willing to take a 2 year deal to stay at similar money to what he's making, I just can't see how the Pats say no.       

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]I have always been on the fence with Moss, but I generally agree with those who say that he brings more good than bad.  He is an undeniable talent.  He commands respect from opposing defenses.  All we hear is that his teammates love him and that he's a hard worker -- he was a captain, which should tell us something.  Most importantly, Brady obviously loves having him around.  But then we hear the griping to the media about how he's not appreciated, loved or respected.  And then he loses me.  Part of me wishes that the Pats would move on and go back to being a team that spreads the wealth on offense.  I miss the days of Branch, Brown, Givens and Patten.  They currently have some legit TE prospects and some promising young receivers.  Maybe Tom should abandon the Moss and Welker show and make this offense less predictable. But then I realize that Moss makes a 25 yard catch look easy, and that I should appreciate him while he's here.   If Moss is willing to take a 2 year deal to stay at similar money to what he's making, I just can't see how the Pats say no.       
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

When Moss loses Brady & Belichick there shall be cause for concern.