SHOULD WE KICK THE TIRES ON BOB SANDERS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: SHOULD WE KICK THE TIRES ON BOB SANDERS?

In Response to Re: SHOULD WE KICK THE TIRES ON BOB SANDERS?:
    [QUOTE]ABSOLUTELY!!! IN ALL SERIOUSNESS I WOULD TRADE MERRIWEATHER AND posted by JMichalski12[/QUOTE] well, i wouldnt trade merriweather. unlike a lot of you, i love brendon and me thinks he still has a huge uoside, has not peaked yet. he can cover, sanders is not known as the best coverage safety, lets just be generous and say that. i think you can start the season with a rotation featuring chung merry and bob with james sanders there to fill-in if god forbid he has another injury issue or is simply ineffective. i think bb can help him. its clear he can not be an every-down guy right now. we have the luxury of alllowing him to grow into his greatness again rather than rushing him there. bel is a master of finding creative roles for people. perhaps spikes will play less or even chung depending on how bob and the team performs with him in there. its a one year experiment... plus like fred taylor with bge, it would help chung and others become much better players....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Is he any good in pass coverage?  If we bring in a safety, I think we want a guy who helps in the passing game.  I think of Sanders more as a guy who is excellent in run support but only average in pass coverage.  I could be wrong--I don't watch the Colts regularly--but that's my impression. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]he always looked fast to me.. could be that because of the tampa 2 and other personnel the colts had that they limited him more to run support rather than put him in pass coverage. this is y a bel cpould be a great sell for him. bb sees things most coaches do not and could be more creative in how he uses and sell bob to come to us! he's willing to look beyond the box and not just be lazy and do the same thing over and over when it comes to his personnel... ask guys like wilfork

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Sign Sanders, put him on the PUP list and have him available sometime after Week 6 (Week 9?) then let him play his heart out for the rest of the season and playoffs.  Could be a difference maker in a shortened season.
    Posted by Plluto29[/QUOTE]of course you are being sarcastic but who knows.. like with junior seau those last years, it could work. we need him more down the stretch esp once we figure out where the holes are and he gets acclimated with the system via practice and video. he's like an extra coach out there like fred taylor also

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I'd pass on him as he doesn't fit BB's system and the Colts wouldn't have let him go if they thought that he could still be serviceable.

I'd like to see the Patriots continue to build a younger, faster defense. Their first priority on D should be a pass rusher not an often injured, older safety.