Shoulda made a play for abraham before dummervil signing. hope we're on it now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Shoulda made a play for abraham before dummervil signing. hope we're on it now.

i would guess abraham is the next to sign.

pay the money.

and see if we can get a good cb after that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Shoulda made a play for abraham before dummervil signing. hope we're on it now.

If Elvis signed for 2/$14 I have to assume Abe's goes for $3.5-$4 on a 1 year deal. Not sure Pats will do that now that Vollmer is signed. Maybe they move on Fells to create more space? I don't think the benefit of cutting Ghost is worth it considering the dead money, the cost of his replacement, and how good Ghost actually was last year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Shoulda made a play for abraham before dummervil signing. hope we're on it now.

What about a WR??  Still need one of those too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Rusty is playing WR this year. He used to play football and he convinced BB to put him on this year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

there is the draft where id like to double up on hopkis and da rick rogers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

If Elvis signed for 2/$14 I have to assume Abe's goes for $3.5-$4 on a 1 year deal. Not sure Pats will do that now that Vollmer is signed. Maybe they move on Fells to create more space? I don't think the benefit of cutting Ghost is worth it considering the dead money, the cost of his replacement, and how good Ghost actually was last year

why not , we have the space

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

denver may now amp up the push for abraham

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

why not , we have the space

Maybe not. It was reported they have about $15. They most likely carry $5, allot $3 for rookies. That leaves $7. Depends what they paid for Vollmer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Freeney and Abraham left Denver yesterday. The cheap GM in denver lowballed them under the assumption that Dumervil was a given,but he lowballed Dumervil and now he has to back track!!! Abraham will wind up in either Miami or New England Freeney will sign with Denver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Watch Denver raise the price on old man Abraham now that they lost their guy. If we end up paying this guy 4 million a year like we did to Shaun Ellis, it will be another mistake. To think we could of had Cliff Avril or Bennett for a song...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Watch Denver raise the price on old man Abraham now that they lost their guy. If we end up paying this guy 4 million a year like we did to Shaun Ellis, it will be another mistake. To think we could of had Cliff Avril or Bennett for a song...

Bennett has a torn rotator cuff which is why he was so cheap.  Avril's incentives make his deal worth potentially something like 8 million a year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

qute the display huh mthurl.

miss on bennett and avrill

wait too long now dumervil signs

now abaraham can bid himself out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

"Watch Denver raise the price on old man Abraham now that they lost their guy."

that wa th epioint of the articel.

thought about posting last night. but was too tired, that dumervil was about to sign, we should pounce on abrahma before that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Freeney will go to Denver

Osi will go to Atlanta

Abraham will come to New England

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Bennett has a torn rotator cuff which is why he was so cheap.  Avril's incentives make his deal worth potentially something like 8 million a year.

yeha but we had abraham here, and reportedly he thought he was goign ot be a patriot, but talk ran into a snag (prob a lowball offer)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

From pft re Dumervil's deal:

Adam Schefter of ESPN has reported that the contract is worth “up to” $35 million.  And while we have no reason to dispute that, the contract has a base value of $26 million, per a source with knowledge of the deal.

Dumervil will, as others have reported, earn $8.5 million in 2013, with a cap number of only $2.5 million.  This means that, at some point, the Ravens will carry an extra $6 million on future salary cap(s) under Dumervil’s name.

And so the base deal ends up being 64 percent of the five-year, $40.5 million contract linebacker Paul Kruger signed in Cleveland.  Even if Dumervil hits every incentive and earns an extra $9 million, the Ravens still got Dumervil at $5.5 million cheaper than Kruger would have cost.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

Freeney will go to Denver

Osi will go to Atlanta

Abraham will come to New England

I hope you are right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I get the sentiment, but these guys have agents. it's likely Abraham's agent wouldn't let him sign with anybody until the Dumervil deal was done. 

What surpises me is that Denver couldn't beat the deal Dumervil got in Baltimore. He must have wanted to leave. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

osi to atlanta seems like a done deal and should be announced shortly.....i too see abraham coming to the pats and freeney reunited with peyton in denver.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

im hearing denver will push for abraham before freeney,my gut,is telling me to hope for a miracle in the draft

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Vladtheimpaler1's comment:

im hearing denver will push for abraham before freeney,my gut,is telling me to hope for a miracle in the draft

not good....im still behind what BB is doing this offseason, but if they dont get abraham, that will really suck.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to Vladtheimpaler1's comment:

not good....im still behind what BB is doing this offseason, but if they dont get abraham, that will really suck.

Still have big holes to fill, hope they lock this one down.  If Abraham gets away then it will be a missed opportunity by the Pats.  Of course I don't want them to over pay to get him but I hope they are being agressive here! Still would like to know the Vollmer numbers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I get the sentiment, but these guys have agents. it's likely Abraham's agent wouldn't let him sign with anybody until the Dumervil deal was done. 

What surpises me is that Denver couldn't beat the deal Dumervil got in Baltimore. He must have wanted to leave. 

dumervil, like many players, may have felt he would only take less than he thinks he is worth at another team, not on the team he already has "proven" that he deserves more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

dumervil, like many players, may have felt he would only take less than he thinks he is worth at another team, not on the team he already has "proven" that he deserves more.

True.  Don't blame him for not going back to the Bronco's due to what seems to be a lack of respect for him there.  Hard to go back and play with a team that makes you feel that way.