1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Show me rookie WRs who are awesome after 10 days please

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to GO47's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

They'll show up against Tampa, it's @ Falcons I'm thinking they'll be fkd

I think the gist of the concern has been that we can probably squeak by the bad teams with this mickey mouse receiving corps the GM has stuck us with. But the good teams will feast on our bones.

El Stupido GMo should have brought in a vet as an insurance policy. (Moss by my reckoning.)

Like you've said who are we to judge the coach yet there's a lot of you who seem to think you can do a better job at putting a competitive team together year after year.

The factssay BB is 1 for 7 in making the playoffs without Brady. That kinda stomps your claims of what a great job he does putting together a team.

The reality is that if any of the other AFCE teams had Brady all these years and we had some mediocre NFL QB we would not have dominated as we have.

There you go again, referring to a hypothetical argument as being reality.  The reality about hypotheticals is that they are nothing but conjecture.  To suggest that you know what the outcome would have been had TB played on another team and BB had selected a different QB way back in 2001, seems more like fantasy to me.  But hey, that's just my reality. Wink

Good post!

Don't you just love the way he tries to use BB the GM's draft pick of Brady and actually carrying 4 QB's for a season (which is unheard of) against him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Good post!

Don't you just love the way he tries to use BB the GM's draft pick of Brady and actually carrying 4 QB's for a season (which is unheard of) against him?

Saying somebody was lucky with a pickin the 6th round is using something against him? That doesn't make much sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

Good post!

Saying somebody was lucky with a pickin the 6th round is using something against him? That doesn't make much sense.

[/QUOTE]

You keep saying that if BB didn't have Brady he wouldn't be considered as good as he is.  Well BB picked him and would be really stupid to sit him just to prove to you that he is good with out Brady. That is using the pick of Brady against him. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

You also totally ignore the season without Brady which was proof of his greatness as a GM and HC. You discount his work in Cleveland where he brought a lousy franchise to the playoffs in three years and built the foundation for the superbowl winning Ravens team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Deandre Hopkins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Well we just have to wait to see whether the rookie WR will evolve into Calvin Johnson or Bethel Johnson.

Living well is the best revenge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

IF people want to complain about what the WR corps is, then please show me what you expected out of a couple of rookies, 1 and 2 games into their careers, respectively.

Did you expect Calvin Johnson? He of a 48 catch rookie season?

I can only imagine how Bungles fans reacted after AJ Green's 1 catch opening performance.

Julio Jones, all those picks to move up and get him? 54 catches in his rookie year. 5 in game one, which probably means the rest of the season was a letdown since he averaged less than that per game, over 12. Yes, 12, because he missed 4 in the middle of the season. I know, injuries in the NFL? Who-da-thunk-it!

People seem to have disturbingly unrealistic expectations, and a sickening level of entitlement.

This TEAM and this FRANCHISE does not revolve around any single player. I don't care if God himself floats down and dons a Pats jersey. Even he wouldn't have the right to make demands of the coach and team like some around here would like to, and want to see Brady do.

Once upon a time, this ENTIRE TEAM had to redo the offense to accomodate a backup QB who was young and couldn't do all the things his predecessor could. Worked out ok, no? So maybe, just maybe...we can have some fking patience for these kids too!

I'm with you all the way on the patience stuff dude. I was laughing at all the low scores some of these "high power " offenses were getting. I will give the rookies one more week. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]Story:  Greatest GM of the cap era.  Greatest GM ever.  Amazing GM.  Blah blah blah

Results:  No Superbowl wins in almost 10 years.

2007 16-0 regular season
    Lost super bowl because of a fluke play.

2008 11-5 regular season
    Team was finding it's identity ready to make some noise in the playoffs. Only second 11-5 team ever to not make the playoffs.

2009 10-6 regular season
    Too many key injuries. The healthy teams win the super bowls.

2010 14-2 regular season
    This young team beat all comers, including both super bowl participants. They laid an egg in the playoffs.

2011 13-3 regular season
    Lost another close game in super bowl.

2012 12-4 regular season
    Lost to a hot, healthy team in the AFC championship game.

Sorry but that's pretty darned good. Super bowl wins don't define a good GM. There are many good GMs that haven't won a super bowl. Belichick's way keeps the Pats in super bowl contention most every year. Very few teams can claim that.

[/QUOTE]

I bolded out the parts of your post that were not excuse making. The fact is that they have not one the Super Bowl since 2004. That is just how it is. Why do you think that a healthy team would have won the Super Bowl in 2009? They did not in the 2007, 2010, 2011, or 2012.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Deandre Hopkins

Thank you! Rookie this season. Playing for a good team. 2 games 12 catches on 19 targets for 183 yards (that is over 15 yards per catch and nearly 10 yards per target). Oh yeah, and in overtime today he had to great catches one to win the game and the play before to set up the score. 

Don't forget to mention that he could have been the Patriots if the moved up two spaces rather than down for a bunch of guys who are currently on special teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Good post!

[/QUOTE]

Well BB picked him and would be really stupid to sit him just to prove to you that he is good with out Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Ah, we don't need BB to sit Brady to see how well he would do without him. We have 7 years of evidence showing what he can do without Brady. LMAO

And he made the playoffs once in 7 tries without Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Good post!

[/QUOTE]

You also totally ignore the season without Brady which was proof of his greatness as a GM and HC.

[/QUOTE]

Oh you mean the 2000 season where he went 5-11 with Bledsoe (after taking over a team that had not had a losing record for 3 straight years)? LMAO

No, you must mean the season where he missed the playoffs and had the previously 1-15 Dolphins win the division in 2008 without Brady. LMAO again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Good post!

[/QUOTE]

You discount his work in Cleveland where he brought a lousy franchise to the playoffs in three years and built the foundation for the superbowl winning Ravens team.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the Browns team which after 4 years  finally had a winning record under BB, only to fall to 5-11 the next year (and then they canned him)? Five years as Browns HC; four losing seasons.

You mean BB built the foundation of the Raven's who had 4 years without a winning season (after BB was booted) before they won that SB? That foundation? LMAO

Sorry I have to school you so harshly, but the facts are the things making you look silly, not me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

You also totally ignore the season without Brady which was proof of his greatness as a GM and HC. You discount his work in Cleveland where he brought a lousy franchise to the playoffs in three years and built the foundation for the superbowl winning Ravens team.

Is the Cleveland stuff a joke? Built the foundation? I just looked it up. There was one starter on the Super Bowl Ravens that was on the Browns team at all when BB was there. There were a lot more Parcells Patriots left than on the third of BB's Super Bowl Winners (Bruschi, Ted Johnson, McGinest, and Law were still starter for the Patriots in '04).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

[QUOTE]

Is the Cleveland stuff a joke? Built the foundation? I just looked it up. There was one starter on the Super Bowl Ravens that was on the Browns team at all when BB was there.

[/QUOTE]

That talk is right out of the Rusty handbook.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Good post!

You discount his work in Cleveland where he brought a lousy franchise to the playoffs in three years and built the foundation for the superbowl winning Ravens team.

You mean the Browns team which after 4 years  finally had a winning record under BB, only to fall to 5-11 the next year (and then they canned him)? Five years as Browns HC; four losing seasons.

You mean BB built the foundation of the Raven's who had 4 years without a winning season (after BB was booted) before they won that SB? That foundation? LMAO

Sorry I have to school you so harshly, but the facts are the things making you look silly, not me.

Let's get the story straight about the Brown's and what happened the final year before they moved to Baltimore when Bill Belichick was coaching them. At mid season 1995 Art Modell announced that he was moving the team. He didn't even bother telling his staff including Belichick. He lost the fan base, coaches, and players trust.

I'm not saying that BB was an excellent coach back then but he had an excellent staff that worked long hours together trying hard to fix the Browns. His staff consisted of, Nick Saban, Mike Lombardi, Eric Mangini, Scott Pioli, Kirk Ferentz, Jim Schwartz, Ozzie Newsome, Phil Savage, Thomas Dimitroff. No one will ever know if they could of completed the task because it would be just speculation. But BB and his staff went through some very difficult times in Cleveland and leant a lot from what happened.

Sorry for going off topic...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

They'll show up against Tampa, it's @ Falcons I'm thinking they'll be fkd

I think the gist of the concern has been that we can probably squeak by the bad teams with this mickey mouse receiving corps the GM has stuck us with. But the good teams will feast on our bones.

El Stupido GMo should have brought in a vet as an insurance policy. (Moss by my reckoning.)

Like you've said who are we to judge the coach yet there's a lot of you who seem to think you can do a better job at putting a competitive team together year after year.

The factssay BB is 1 for 7 in making the playoffs without Brady. That kinda stomps your claims of what a great job he does putting together a team.

The reality is that if any of the other AFCE teams had Brady all these years and we had some mediocre NFL QB we would not have dominated as we have.

There you go again, referring to a hypothetical argument as being reality.  The reality about hypotheticals is that they are nothing but conjecture.  To suggest that you know what the outcome would have been had TB played on another team and BB had selected a different QB way back in 2001, seems more like fantasy to me.  But hey, that's just my reality. Wink

Good post!

To give BB significant credit for drafting TB  demonstrates either you are being disingenuous or you lack a fundamental understanding of the draft process. No one who drafts a player with the 199th pick should ever get a whole lot of credit. Also, in 2000, BB wasn't the sole decision maker in the draft like he is presently. In 2000, in addition to BB, Pioli and Bobby Grier were also reponsible for draft decisions. And to give BB credit for keeping a rookie QB with arguably the best throwing form of all time, great intensity and dedication to game film and detail, not to mention being a great teamate, is not brilliant. It is what any good HC would do.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Deandre Hopkins

He suffered a concussion and will likely sit out the next game or longer... does that make him injury prone?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

To give BB significant credit for drafting TB  demonstrates either you are being disingenuous or you lack a fundamental understanding of the draft process. No one who drafts a player with the 199th pick should ever get a whole lot of credit. Also, in 2000, BB wasn't the sole decision maker in the draft like he is presently. In 2000, in addition to BB, Pioli and Bobby Grier were also reponsible for draft decisions. And to give BB credit for keeping a rookie QB with arguably the best throwing form of all time, great intensity and dedication to game film and detail, not to mention being a great teamate, is not brilliant. It is what any good HC would do.  

This is a crock of sht.

There is one man with his hands on the steering wheel on draft day, there is group think amongst the management, they've all been hired by the same guy making the pick.  Bill Belichick drafted Tom Brady, he also drafted Richard Seymour, without whom those three championships would not have happened and wasn't a Parcells player.  

You people are so disingenuous it's scary, do you lie to your children and loved ones the same way? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

You keep saying that if BB didn't have Brady he wouldn't be considered as good as he is.  Well BB picked him and would be really stupid to sit him just to prove to you that he is good with out Brady. That is using the pick of Brady against him. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

the question regarding "dynasties" is a chicken vs. egg kinda thing.  Name a top 5 HOF coach who didn't have a great QB. Name a top 5 HOF QB with 3 SB rings who didn't have a great coach. Since dynasties don't really happen that frequently - maybe it's sheer luck. BB's record w/o Brady doesn't smell of success. In addition, I don't think 2008 - the Patriots even went to playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

the question regarding "dynasties" is a chicken vs. egg kinda thing.  Name a top 5 HOF coach who didn't have a great QB. Name a top 5 HOF QB with 3 SB rings who didn't have a great coach. Since dynasties don't really happen that frequently - maybe it's sheer luck. BB's record w/o Brady doesn't smell of success. In addition, I don't think 2008 - the Patriots even went to playoffs.

They were a "hollow" 11-5 the year Brady went down, but their schedule was "weak", so we're supposed to ignore that fact.   It's the NFL, no game is easy. 

Re: the WRs, I see guys who need experience but who clearly have talent.  These guys need time to get up to speed and to develop some chemistry with Brady.  I see guys who need to learn their routes better, who need to know when Brady is gonna get them the ball.  I see guys who are thinking too much and not letting their natural abilities shine through.  Are we to believe that a guy like Dobson forgot how to catch the ball overnight?    

If these guys were sitting on the bench behind Branch, Stallworth or some other washed up vets we'd be clamoring for BB to play the young guys.  But the young guys need time to acclimate,  it's not going to happen overnight.  I expect a progressively better product, and if these guys can't hack it by mid-season then maybe we can jump all over BB for leaving the cupboard bare for Brady.      

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

This is a crock of sht.

There is one man with his hands on the steering wheel on draft day, there is group think amongst the management, they've all been hired by the same guy making the pick.  Bill Belichick drafted Tom Brady, he also drafted Richard Seymour, without whom those three championships would not have happened and wasn't a Parcells player.  

You people are so disingenuous it's scary, do you lie to your children and loved ones the same way? 

I'm with you

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

They were a "hollow" 11-5 the year Brady went down, but their schedule was "weak", so we're supposed to ignore that fact.   It's the NFL, no game is easy. 

Re: the WRs, I see guys who need experience but who clearly have talent.  These guys need time to get up to speed and to develop some chemistry with Brady.  I see guys who need to learn their routes better, who need to know when Brady is gonna get them the ball.  I see guys who are thinking too much and not letting their natural abilities shine through.  Are we to believe that a guy like Dobson forgot how to catch the ball overnight?    

If these guys were sitting on the bench behind Branch, Stallworth or some other washed up vets we'd be clamoring for BB to play the young guys.  But the young guys need time to acclimate,  it's not going to happen overnight.  I expect a progressively better product, and if these guys can't hack it by mid-season then maybe we can jump all over BB for leaving the cupboard bare for Brady.      

Completely fair comments and suggestion regarding the rook wr's. I for one am being patient on the rooks. I think they will come along.

the only issue I have with our WR corps is putting too much into the injury prone bucket. Bb latched our wagon to Danny, Edelman and Gronk. All injury prone players. There is a lot of money and our future tied up in these guys. I would have preferred to spread the risk a little betterbr spend amendola money on a healthy vet Who is proven and then let the rooks develop behind him and Edelman. The situation we are in now with Danny missing a large chunk of time, Gronk hurt and Edelman producing but for how long, means the rooks have to play and contribute. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe Gibbs. Three Super Bowls with three different QBs. Theisman and the end of his career and two complete nobodies. The only real "dynasty" that spanned coaches and QBs was the '81-'94 49ers who had two coaches and two QBs for their 5 total Super Bowl victories. The Cowboys managed to win a third Super Bowl with Barry Switzer as coach after Jimmy Johnson left, so I Aikman would qualify for winning a Super Bowl with Switzer as head coach at the end of the Cowboys run.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Not all rookies have to suck either: Anquan Boldin had 101 catches for 1,337 yard his rookie year. With Jeff Blake at QB... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I just wanna know why they cant simplify the offense until later. I mean its one thing to get by vs the Jets. A real team would have smoked us. Im just asking why all the deep balls which are harder to complete for guys looking to learn? Seems in preseason these guys ran more intermediate routes and now it is all deep shots which are much lower in percentage. Why not just start them off with a 5-10 yard hitch? I saw them both run every route in preseason. I think the plan was to get up early on the Jets. They had a bunch of plays designed to score TDs. I assume the gameplans going forward will be more simplified and make life easier on Brady. I mean that was UGLY! BUT it was all low percentage plays so Im not too worried yet. I think they can improve a lot in 10 days  but enough with the deep ball every play.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Let's get the story straight about the Brown's and what happened the final year before they moved to Baltimore when Bill Belichick was coaching them. At mid season 1995 Art Modell announced that he was moving the team. He didn't even bother telling his staff including Belichick. He lost the fan base, coaches, and players trust.

I'm not saying that BB was an excellent coach back then but he had an excellent staff that worked long hours together trying hard to fix the Browns. His staff consisted of, Nick Saban, Mike Lombardi, Eric Mangini, Scott Pioli, Kirk Ferentz, Jim Schwartz, Ozzie Newsome, Phil Savage, Thomas Dimitroff. No one will ever know if they could of completed the task because it would be just speculation. But BB and his staff went through some very difficult times in Cleveland and leant a lot from what happened.

Sorry for going off topic...

I agree with this.  My father was a huge Browns fan, as a kid I watched all the Browns games with my father, and watched him suffer all those bad years... the Elway drives to beat them, the Byners fumble, there were many bad moments for Browns fans.

My father liked Rutigliano but didn't think he was a very good coach, then Schottenheimer arrived and he was horrible, my father could not stand him, he was a choke artist as a coach and we felt bad for Chargers fans when they got him, lol.  Then Bud Carson came and he wasn't what they hoped for... but Bill Belicheck now he caught my fathers eye.  Young, making tough, unpopular decisions, Browns fans needed someone who was willing to take some chances and mix it up.  MY father liked this approach for his beloved team.  This is where I became a Belichick fan.. to this day my Father says that if that backstabbing owner would have stayed in Cleveland and kept Belichick they would have had several Super Bowl wins.  When I look back at the list of coaches and personnel Belichick had there at the time, I agree... no doubt, they would have been one of the great teams.