Show me rookie WRs who are awesome after 10 days please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Show me rookie WRs who are awesome after 10 days please

Z.. I expressed an opinion.  No one knows what Brady may have been feeling about his WR corps going into that game.  As I said, he may have thought they'd do better and they didn't even without Amendola.

The middle part of your response is spot on.  Since the 2007 season, Pats fans are expecting "shoot out the lights" type of offensive production every game to overcome a lacking defense.  When it is not happening, finger pointing starts.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Yes, I agree and that is the big equalizer.

However, the chances to win it all are much better when you have a team jumping out of the gate and making great strides in improving each week,  instead of one stumbling out of the gate, just barely crossing the finish line.

On the flip side, if Gronk, Amendola, Vereen and Edelman can't stay healthy and the youngins can't get up to speed then, ...yikes!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, digger, the $64,000 question is this:  "Why can't the Pats be the HOT team in the playoffs?".  What is the missing link to them being the hot team at the right time?

I understand the last few seasons the Pats endured injuries to key players at the wrong time, but, was the team playing like the hot team?  As I noted in my response to you, I do not recall that at all.

Yes, that is the question.  Why can't they be?  But why can't 31 other teams also be too?  I think it is safe to say that there are far more Super Bowl wins by teams who were the better team through the season then there are by teams that just got hot for the playoffs.  The underdog story and hopes are nice but you can't count on them working out a high percentage of time.

So as fans, many of you are turning from fans of a dominating team to fans just hoping to get hot in the playoffs? WOW!!!  How things have changed.

[/QUOTE]

My comments were not of the type "hoping" the team only gets hot in the playoffs.  Do not lump me in with "many of you" as you appear to have done.  The Pats will make the playoffs and during the season may also have some pretty darn good dominating games.  But, 31 teams can't get hot in the playoffs, only those 16 that make it and of those that do, including the Pats, it would be nice to see the Pats be the team everyone feels is playing the best at that time. It has been a while since that has happened.  That is all I am saying.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In the Jets game it all went to h*ll in a hand basket.  We didn't see so many missed routes and dropped passes in the Bills game, did we?  Brady must have thought they were further along than they showed Thursday night.

As for Amendola .. well, fingers crossed didn't seem to work

Most feeling the rookies "all went to hell" in the Jets game is misguided.  What EVERYONE that I've read (both positive & negative) has stated their opinion about the Pats WRs are forgetting or not taking into account, is that basically the whole team, especially the rookies didn't even practice before the Jets game!  They had basic walk throughs because of the quick 4 day turn around!  So all the misques in the Jets game weren't even practiced before the Jets game.  Now if things are going horribly wrong for the rookie WRs in the Tampa game after getting practice reps over 10 days, then we can all say there is a problem!

As for Amendola...yes he got hurt again in the Bills game but he was a warrior in sucking up the injury & helping get the win, which probably also further aggrivated the injury worse...THEN add in the same 4 days until next game against the Jets & not the normal weekly time to rest & rehab didn't help in the possible healing time needed to.  Did the Pats role the dice on Amendola, yes, did they loose...I think it is way too early to say yes for sure because NOTHING is guarunteed to go all right for ANY team.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, digger, the $64,000 question is this:  "Why can't the Pats be the HOT team in the playoffs?".  What is the missing link to them being the hot team at the right time?

I understand the last few seasons the Pats endured injuries to key players at the wrong time, but, was the team playing like the hot team?  As I noted in my response to you, I do not recall that at all.

Yes, that is the question.  Why can't they be?  But why can't 31 other teams also be too?  I think it is safe to say that there are far more Super Bowl wins by teams who were the better team through the season then there are by teams that just got hot for the playoffs.  The underdog story and hopes are nice but you can't count on them working out a high percentage of time.

So as fans, many of you are turning from fans of a dominating team to fans just hoping to get hot in the playoffs? WOW!!!  How things have changed.

[/QUOTE]

My comments were not of the type "hoping" the team only gets hot in the playoffs.  Do not lump me in with "many of you" as you appear to have done.  The Pats will make the playoffs and during the season may also have some pretty darn good dominating games.  But, 31 teams can't get hot in the playoffs, only those 16 that make it and of those that do, including the Pats, it would be nice to see the Pats be the team everyone feels is playing the best at that time. It has been a while since that has happened.  That is all I am saying.

[/QUOTE]

I apologize, I was going to make those two separate posts for those two comments but I didn't.  Looks like I made the wrong decision.  Didn't mean to characterize you in with that group.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. But it IS a testament to how hard it is to win in the salary cap era. Really. 

NE actually was playing hot last season ... until Gronk was injured. It's the other factor no one mentions. 

Missing Gronk against the Ravens and Giants, and missing Hernandez against the JEts are three recipes for disaster. Those were incredibly effective, streaking defenses, and NE was short handed each time. 

NE went home against defensive teams. 

Health and momentum are huge. 

NE hasn't had much of either heading into the postseason. 

If I'm choosing one ... I choose health this season. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - THANKS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

Babe, NAS, TFB12, and that group have suggested he should be.  Christ, they've all but repeated it daily.

Don't you see what they are doing?  Brady hasn't played well in recent postseason,s, they'e mental illness won't accept that, so they deflect and scour for a scapegoat. It might be Pat Chung, Mayo, Ninkovich or Arrington one month. 

Since Chung is gone, Mayo is All Pro Mayo every week, Nink and Arrington are off to hot starts. they're digging deep all desperate like Hitler in the bunker and no it's "BB should not be GM".

Sick.

They're all sick.  

The greatest franchise in sports the last decade, owned by Kraft and run by Bill Belichick and they hate it.

Sick.

I see you started drinking early today.  You are like a bad song that gets played on the radio to often, after a while people realize it is just a boring ol song with no substance to it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to mrtm70's comment:

In the Jets game it all went to h*ll in a hand basket.  We didn't see so many missed routes and dropped passes in the Bills game, did we?  Brady must have thought they were further along than they showed Thursday night.

As for Amendola .. well, fingers crossed didn't seem to work

Most feeling the rookies "all went to hell" in the Jets game is misguided.  What EVERYONE that I've read (both positive & negative) has stated their opinion about the Pats WRs are forgetting or not taking into account, is that basically the whole team, especially the rookies didn't even practice before the Jets game!  They had basic walk throughs because of the quick 4 day turn around!  So all the misques in the Jets game weren't even practiced before the Jets game.  Now if things are going horribly wrong for the rookie WRs in the Tampa game after getting practice reps over 10 days, then we can all say there is a problem!

As for Amendola...yes he got hurt again in the Bills game but he was a warrior in sucking up the injury & helping get the win, which probably also further aggrivated the injury worse...THEN add in the same 4 days until next game against the Jets & not the normal weekly time to rest & rehab didn't help in the possible healing time needed to.  Did the Pats role the dice on Amendola, yes, did they loose...I think it is way too early to say yes for sure because NOTHING is guarunteed to go all right for ANY team.

That is a factor as well. The NFL should seriously scrap Thursday night games. Except for T-day, it's just a terrible idea ... and it will likely wind up with  players being injured. 

And yeah, it's really the worst case scenario when you are trying to bring year one players along. Especially against a Rex Ryan defense, which is generally about as well disguised as any in the NFL. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Z...  we can only imagine, and "dream", what the Pats would have done in the playoffs if they did stay healthy!  BB would have to get a bigger boat to enable him to change the name from "Five Rings"!!!  (-;

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Z.. I expressed an opinion.  No one knows what Brady may have been feeling about his WR corps going into that game.  As I said, he may have thought they'd do better and they didn't even without Amendola.

The middle part of your response is spot on.  Since the 2007 season, Pats fans are expecting "shoot out the lights" type of offensive production every game to overcome a lacking defense.  When it is not happening, finger pointing starts.

I get it man. 

Yeah, just going over the roster in my head, and the $10 million in splash money sitting around (or whatever the figure is exactly).

Whe you have STEVE BEAUHARNAIS, FLETCHER, JAMIE COLLINS, LOGAN RYAN, LEON WASHINGTON, BLOUNT, BEQUETTE, and EBNER  .... and none of them are contributing, and a lot of them haven't even seen snaps ... you can probably be more roster efficient elsewhere  .... and have some kind of a mid-quality vet (like a Lloyd) stop-gap to take the pressure off these kids. 

I guess that is my gripe today. 

Not that they stink .... but that the Patriots front office is asking too much of them, and in the end it could end up damaging their development. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

2007 16-0 regular season
    Lost super bowl because of a fluke play.

2008 11-5 regular season
    Team was finding it's identity ready to make some noise in the playoffs. Only second 11-5 team ever to not make the playoffs.

2009 10-6 regular season
    Too many key injuries. The healthy teams win the super bowls.

2010 14-2 regular season
    This young team beat all comers, including both super bowl participants. They laid an egg in the playoffs.

2011 13-3 regular season
    Lost another close game in super bowl.

2012 12-4 regular season
    Lost to a hot, healthy team in the AFC championship game.

Sorry but that's pretty darned good. Super bowl wins don't define a good GM. There are many good GMs that haven't won a super bowl. Belichick's way keeps the Pats in super bowl contention most every year. Very few teams can claim that.

When you have Belichick as the coach and Tom Brady at QB, losing every single year isn't pretty darned good unless the goal is to almost win.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Z...  we can only imagine, and "dream", what the Pats would have done in the playoffs if they did stay healthy!  BB would have to get a bigger boat to enable him to change the name from "Five Rings"!!!  (-;

Haha. I think about it positively. It adds shine ot the Patriots earlier dominance by illustrating how intensely difficult it really is to even win the SB once!

Look at the Ravens. That team was competitive year in and year out ... and in 13 seasons they finally got it done during season 13 right before all their core vets left or retired.

I think dreams of winning 5-6 superbowls might be long gone ... but this NE team's story is not yet complete ... and it likely won't end until Tom hangs them up.

At which point BB can retire or start to write another story perhaps. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

That is a factor as well. The NFL should seriously scrap Thursday night games. Except for T-day, it's just a terrible idea ... and it will likely wind up with  players being injured. 

And yeah, it's realyl the worst caae scenario when you are trying to bring year one players along. Especially against a Rex Ryan defense, which is generally about as well disguised as any in the NFL.

I agree about the Thurday night games...but at least not after the 1st week of the season!

About you mentioning the "worst case scenario"...Scott Zolak on the pats official site sates the same thing:

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Patriots-This-Week---9132013/8e0ed6b7-14ed-4958-8875-bde4f94b1e92

What annoyes me is that Wiggins is talking like he's bitter about being booted from the Pats in ripping the Rookies, especially after Zolak states tha same thing you just did.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh my:

• FrankDooley
    • First: 9/14/2013
    • Last: 9/15/2013

What. A. Loser.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

Only to see your response of this!  Hahahahah, clearly you had no intelligent comeback.  I see your drinking has already got the better of you today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to mrtm70's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

And yeah, it's realyl the worst caae scenario when you are trying to bring year one players along. Especially against a Rex Ryan defense, which is generally about as well disguised as any in the NFL.

I agree about the Thurday night games...but at least not after the 1st week of the season!

About you mentioning the "worst case scenario"...Scott Zolak on the pats official site sates the same thing:

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Patriots-This-Week---9132013/8e0ed6b7-14ed-4958-8875-bde4f94b1e92

What annoyes me is that Wiggins is talking like he's bitter about being booted from the Pats in ripping the Rookies, especially after Zolak states tha same thing you just did.

Hey mrtm70,

I think Wiggins is spot on. His job is too evaluate their performance as receivers. He is the receiver (TE reall) they ahve on the show to do that. If you are asked to evaluate the performance of the rookies, that is what it breaks down to. Not good enough ... even for rookies. 

Dropping passes that are catchable or easy is not a rookie mistake. It's a mistake of focus. Or Dobson running a circle route across the firld while he is starting at the sideline ... he mailed that route in. He took the play off. And surprise ... he was the open man and wasn't ready. 

What is he supposed to say? They were great? They weren't even good, they weren't even average. They had a bad game. The fact that they are rookies doesn't change that, nor should it insulate them from being part of a diagnosis. 

You don't just pretend their performance didn't happen, because you don't get a complete picture otherwise.

Per what Wiggins said exactly ... yes some of it is rookie mistakes (bad route decisions) but a lot of it is just sloppy play. And you can't blame weather ... because other players were out there not dropping passes, or half-assing routes. 

It's not the same as saying they are terrible players, but they can do a lot better. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I think last year most of us fans expected WW would be back.  We enjoyed the 2 TE offense.  We believed that our committee of RBs were giving us what we need.  We hoped for that WR who would stretch the field.

The Pats actually made an effort to get that wide out.  I don't think fans or management thought we would be depending on 3 rookies to produce our offense.  

So far we have 30 receptions from the slot, 9 on 33 targets from the rooks and 1 reception from the TE position.  It's the TE position that will open things back up if there is production there. Gronk and hopefully Sudfield will make a big difference to this offense.  That will take a lot of pressure off Brady and the rookies.

if Vereen and Amendola and Gronk are healthy later we could be the hot team at the end.