Silver Lining to Jets Loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Silver Lining to Jets Loss

I've been thinking about this a bit. Here are the silver linings:

1) The Patriots rarely lose two straight games. The last time was November of 2006.
    2) The Patriots rarely lose twice to the same team in a year.
    3) Gary Guyton proved he's a legitimate starter, and it should be fun watching him and Mayo at ILB for years to come.
    4) Edelman showed a lot of promise and Welkeresque skills. Granted, he looked lost at times and dropped an important pass, but he also looked very good at times. I can't wait to see him and Welker on the field at the same time.
    5) Wilhite continues to improve, and is a starting quality CB.
    6) The Patriots defense, while not great, didn't look bad, and held the Jets to 16 points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Silver Lining to Jets Loss

In Response to Silver Lining to Jets Loss:
    [QUOTE]I've been thinking about this a bit. Here are the silver linings: 1) The Patriots rarely lose two straight games. The last time was November of 2006. 2) The Patriots rarely lose twice to the same team in a year. 3) Gary Guyton proved he's a legitimate starter, and it should be fun watching him and Mayo at ILB for years to come. 4) Edelman showed a lot of promise and Welkeresque skills. Granted, he looked lost at times and dropped an important pass, but he also looked very good at times. I can't wait to see him and Welker on the field at the same time. 5) Wilhite continues to improve, and is a starting quality CB. 6) The Patriots defense, while not great, didn't look bad, and held the Jets to 16 points.
    Posted by Ritchie_az[/QUOTE]
    Thank you. Exactly what I keep trying to tell people.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's going to be really hard to go deep on the Patriots this year. In the two games the Pats played this year, I think two passes were thrown to Bodden's side. I love Wilhite. I think he is going to be better than Asante Samuel by Week 10 of this season. The Pats should blitz more. They have good enough corners to cover the opposing receivers. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Stay afloat until the bye week. We'll go on a huge run after.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Exactly, and once we have Mayo back this D will be even better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rickster6662000. Show Rickster6662000's posts

Granted the defense has not put the necessary pressure on opposing QBs, and that the Pats first two opponents were not exactly offensive juggernauts, but surrendering 33 points (17 in first and 16 in second) is something I'd take any day

Bottom line is that the offense has not done even an adequate job for about 115 of the 120 minutes that the Pats have played. BTW I would not be at all surprised if the AFC East has more 3 or more teams with 500+ records

JL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

If there is such a thing as a good loss then this would be it.   The Jets are the hated rivals of the Patriots and BB(He hates the Jets).  This loss will stick with BB and the Patriot players for some time, and Rex Ryan's big mouth will only make it hurt more.  But I see this as a major wake up call for the coaches and players.  I think BB will be far more critical about any weak links or non-productive players on both sides of the ball.  I remember in 2007, the offense was so good  that it covered many weaknesses on the D, which didn't matter as long as the Pats were winning.  But if anything could bring and keep focus to the Pats for the rest of the season, then this loss was it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont know...maybe but I would still rather have the win

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Silver Lining to Jets Loss:
    [QUOTE]I've been thinking about this a bit. Here are the silver linings: 1) The Patriots rarely lose two straight games. The last time was November of 2006. 2) The Patriots rarely lose twice to the same team in a year. 3) Gary Guyton proved he's a legitimate starter, and it should be fun watching him and Mayo at ILB for years to come. 4) Edelman showed a lot of promise and Welkeresque skills. Granted, he looked lost at times and dropped an important pass, but he also looked very good at times. I can't wait to see him and Welker on the field at the same time. 5) Wilhite continues to improve, and is a starting quality CB. 6) The Patriots defense, while not great, didn't look bad, and held the Jets to 16 points.
    Posted by Ritchie_az[/QUOTE]

They will get better.  2007 has spoiled alot of us (myself included) and effectively raised the bar.  Perhaps Guyton and Mayo can be for use what the Giants had in the 80's with Carson, Reasons, Taylor, Pepper Johnsonm etc.  Maybe not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Silver Lining to Jets Loss:
    [QUOTE]If there is such a thing as a good loss then this would be it.   The Jets are the hated rivals of the Patriots and BB(He hates the Jets).  This loss will stick with BB and the Patriot players for some time, and Rex Ryan's big mouth will only make it hurt more.  But I see this as a major wake up call for the coaches and players.  I think BB will be far more critical about any weak links or non-productive players on both sides of the ball.  I remember in 2007, the offense was so good  that it covered many weaknesses on the D, which didn't matter as long as the Pats were winning.  But if anything could bring and keep focus to the Pats for the rest of the season, then this loss was it.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Interesting, the Jet fans were blasting BB because of the handshake, and his perceived snub of Sanchez.  But Belichick said he spoke to both Ryan and Sanchez in the tunnel before they boarded the bus. He also said it was so crazy on the field he decided to just let the Jets celebrate the win.  It was the perfert thing to do and must have puzzeled Ryan a bit.