Simms take

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Simms take

Listened to Phil Simms on Sirius nfl tody. Of coarse, he was asked his take on 4and 2 play. He said that on the Showtime Inside the NFL (Collensworth, Sapp and Simms) they obtained every possible video and film of the play and it clearly shows Faulk HAD POSSESSION across the First yard line. Shine and Gannon told him of Perera's review of the play on the NFL network and uphelp the call. Simms laugh, and said of coarse "it's his job to do that!" Simms felt that had Belichick been able to challenge he would have won ( I personally doubt that)

So it's not just Patriot fans that know They got scr*wed others are finding out now too.  Too bad ESPN didn't have the guts to take a look at it, maybe they would have regained some credibility.

BTW inside the NFL replays several times during the week, I'm going to tryand catch it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Simms take

Yup, I believe the NFL network had a replay on last night but I couldn't stand to watch it.
    I've said in other posts they need to change the name of NFL All Access to "All A$$kiss" because they pretty much just backup everything the league or the refs do.
    That call was a joke and so was the PI call. Thank god there isn't a by week this week and we can get back on track against the Nyets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

ESPN does not want credibility.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

NEGAME, stop making yourself crazy.  It's inevitable that when we play Indy we will get screwed.  No matter how many times you watch it's not going to change the out come.  Time to focus on destroying the Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Simms take:
    [QUOTE]NEGAME, stop making yourself crazy.  It's inevitable that when we play Indy we will get screwed.  No matter how many times you watch it's not going to change the out come.  Time to focus on destroying the Jets.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I KNOW  I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! It's just good to hear some professionals say what we all know!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Credibility and **** can not be used in the same sentence.

**** = espn

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Personally, I could care less what Simms or any other media bozo has to say.  The game is over, the Patriots lost, it's time to move on and take out some frustration on the Jets.

<==== Here's one guy who can't way to see the Colts again in the playoffs, I could care less if the game's in Indy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bad coaching on the offensive side of the football doomed us...  there are always shady calls, it up to the PAT's to play good for 60 minutes and nullify any damage the refs possibly can do.

Horrible play calling; 42 passing plays to 28 rushing plays = no balance.
    Maroney ran effectively early but we gave up on the run after a quarter of football deciding that getting into a shootout with Peyton Manning was a better philosophy than keeping the ball away from him.  Faulk was very effective used in concert with Maroney but towards the end the Colts defense had keyed in on him and were stuffing him.

Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball...  If Maroney fumbles it, give it back to him on the next series and let him make it up to the team. The offensive play calling was atrocious and blatantly obvious by mid game and we were falling back on our heels. Passing teams are soft, it's that simple...

Decisions were made that sent a message to our offensive line that said "you can't manhandle this D Line for a whole game," a message sent to our D that "even though you picked him off twice and shut him down numerous times throughout the game you don't have what it takes to stop him once more."

Yeah it was obviously a first down with forward progress, but even with that and the phantom pass interference call we still should have held on to a big lead.  Bill needs a polar opposite on the offensive side if we are to win it all or at least be consistantly good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

This call and result is the best play of the Patriots' season. It is the play that will put us in the Super Bowl. Period. What more can you ask for?  Hopefully the foot bridge will be ready for the AFC Championship game against San Diego so that Peyton can use it to make his way to the broadcasting booth to discuss during half time how he would have approached the Patriots or Chargers defense in this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Eisen, Deion and Mariucci also agree it was a first down.  Here is the video of them discussing it with some slow motion footage. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZClRvZugOVU

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Game
    I honestly think the media guys who used to play or coach (except for Dungheap) know what we NE fans know and have been screaming for years.... Officials are biased towards the colts.... and i think they've had enough too, that's why they're speaking up now a lot more than before.

Eisen and others also talked about the bad PI call too... I watched the whole game replayed yesterday and our receivers went thru a lot more contact than that PI..

I think the tide is slowly shifting in a good way....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

One more thought on all this.... I was watching the Pierera interview and he said the call would be correct either way....

What this means is that in a split second, the lineman CHOSE to spot it in favor of the colts... If he CHOSE to spot it as a 1st down, he'd be correct also according to the head zebra, but that to me is proof when calls can go either way....they FAVOR the colts.

As Forrest Gump would say: "That's all I'm going to say about that".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simms take : I KNOW  I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! It's just good to hear some professionals say what we all know!! 
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

You are right. It does kind of help. I liked Deion's response - he looked disgusted with the spot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Bad coaching on the offensive side of the football doomed us...  there are always shady calls, it up to the PAT's to play good for 60 minutes and nullify any damage the refs possibly can do. Horrible play calling; 42 passing plays to 28 rushing plays = no balance. Maroney ran effectively early but we gave up on the run after a quarter of football deciding that getting into a shootout with Peyton Manning was a better philosophy than keeping the ball away from him.  Faulk was very effective used in concert with Maroney but towards the end the Colts defense had keyed in on him and were stuffing him. Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball...  If Maroney fumbles it, give it back to him on the next series and let him make it up to the team. The offensive play calling was atrocious and blatantly obvious by mid game and we were falling back on our heels. Passing teams are soft, it's that simple... Decisions were made that sent a message to our offensive line that said "you can't manhandle this D Line for a whole game," a message sent to our D that "even though you picked him off twice and shut him down numerous times throughout the game you don't have what it takes to stop him once more." Yeah it was obviously a first down with forward progress, but even with that and the phantom pass interference call we still should have held on to a big lead.  Bill needs a polar opposite on the offensive side if we are to win it all or at least be consistantly good.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

BINGO. The play calling and our scheme became stale by the 4rth. We abandoned the run. Basic football strategy is when you have a big lead you run on 1st run on 2nd and then run or play action on 3rd. Every time we brought Maroney in every person watching this game knew we were giving him the ball. No variation of the play at all. Faulk's draws in a 3 wide were sniffed out by the 3rd qtr as well.

Belichick is still busy personally coaching the defense and can't be involved in the offensive play calling. This game reminded me of the 07 Superbowl. It seems every big game BB has to spend time with the defensive unit huddled around him while Brady and the offense are on the field. We need a stronger offensive coaching presence from somebody and it has to happen before the playoffs come.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simms take : BINGO. The play calling and our scheme became stale by the 4rth. We abandoned the run. Basic football strategy is when you have a big lead you run on 1st run on 2nd and then run or play action on 3rd. Every time we brought Maroney in every person watching this game knew we were giving him the ball. No variation of the play at all. Faulk's draws in a 3 wide were sniffed out by the 3rd qtr as well. Belichick is still busy personally coaching the defense and can't be involved in the offensive play calling. This game reminded me of the 07 Superbowl. It seems every big game BB has to spend time with the defensive unit huddled around him while Brady and the offense are on the field. We need a stronger offensive coaching presence from somebody and it has to happen before the playoffs come.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Word

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

NEGAME......  at this point, no matter how many media types may support the fact the Pats got the shaft by the ball spot, it won't change history.  It may apply salve to our bruised feelings the Pats lost, that's it.  We TRULY need to move on at this point.  Concentrate on beating the Jets on the road to the playoffs and the SB.  Can't change the L into a W now!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Simms take:

Gamer, do we not go through this every year ? It's gone beyond ridiculous - it's actually predictable! Though it is comforting to understand that Simms, and other ex-pro's get it too. Thanks for the post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]NEGAME......  at this point, no matter how many media types may support the fact the Pats got the shaft by the ball spot, it won't change history.  It may apply salve to our bruised feelings the Pats lost, that's it.  We TRULY need to move on at this point.  Concentrate on beating the Jets on the road to the playoffs and the SB.  Can't change the L into a W now!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is the overall point.

It is like a lineman telling the ref about a hold. It isn't about the previous play. It is to plant the seed so that he will see it on the next play.

This acknowledgement by the media that the Pats got shafted almost seems to signal the end of the anti-Pats bias and their grumblings could force a change in how the games are called.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

If we needed 2 yards, why did we have a play that threw near the first down marker?  To quote Nancy Kerrigan "Why, why, why!"  If we knew we would go for it on fourth, why didn't we run Faulk or Maroney on 3d & 4th down?  Why did we use all our timeouts?  Why didn't our defense stop the Colts from scoring with 9 seconds left. Everyone has their opinions, but the Pats didn't close the final 7 minutes the way they should/could have.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Anyone else see the replay and notice how WIDE OPEN Welker was on a quick slant over the middle?

Too bad the play was designed to go to Faulk in a matter of seconds!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]If we needed 2 yards, why did we have a play that threw near the first down marker?  To quote Nancy Kerrigan "Why, why, why!"  If we knew we would go for it on fourth, why didn't we run Faulk or Maroney on 3d & 4th down?  Why did we use all our timeouts?  Why didn't our defense stop the Colts from scoring with 9 seconds left. Everyone has their opinions, but the Pats didn't close the final 7 minutes the way they should/could have.  
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

Again, I see this and think, "They did." They got the yardage they needed. Then they jobbed by the Head Linesman.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simms take : I KNOW  I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! It's just good to hear some professionals say what we all know!! 
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Game: Keep the posts coming, you have good insight and if nothing else you are cuter than most of the guys..I only say that because I hear Leon is a dream. :0

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Bad coaching on the offensive side of the football doomed us. Horrible play calling; 42 passing plays to 28 rushing plays = no balance. Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Are you high?

34 points against indy in their house was the result of "horrible play calling" by our "bad coach"?

Just go lie down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone else see the replay and notice how WIDE OPEN Welker was on a quick slant over the middle? Too bad the play was designed to go to Faulk in a matter of seconds!
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

Actually he was covered ... by the ref.  The ref in the middle of the field actually ran in front of Welker, getting in the way of any potential pass.  But whatever, if you're too scared to try 2 runs for 2 yards against the NFL's worst rushing defense, then you deserve to suffer from the imperfections of the precision passing game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone else see the replay and notice how WIDE OPEN Welker was on a quick slant over the middle? Too bad the play was designed to go to Faulk in a matter of seconds!
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

Steve, you need to watch that play on NFL.COm highlights.... then let it go slowly (Second or two at a time).  I am NOT sure it was designed for Faulk- I looked at it several times.  When Brady looked toward the slant over the middle (WELKER)... the WR was close to (Behind) the referree... the play developed fast enough that the next read meant Faulk got the pass.  "IF" Brady had stopped at Welker as he went through the reads he may have actually noticed he was coming clear of the defender from behind the ref.... but alas- it doesn't matter because on that highlight you can also tell that Faulk made the 1st down...

SO to quote most of the POUTIN fans that must be a made up film.....