Since 2004

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Since 2004

Since winning their last championship in the 2004 season, the Patriots have not won any Super Bowls but have certainly been knocking at the door more consistently than any other team. Obviously, they have the most regular season wins(98), but they also have the most playoff appearances(7, missed playoffs in 2008 with 11-5 record), the most playoff games played(15), the second most playoff wins(8) and are only lacking in Super Bowl wins, Steelers(2), Giants(2).

Playoff records since 2005
    Regular season     05   06    07   08    09  10   11   12   Total
    Steelers   (82-46)  4-0  0-0  0-1  3-0  0-0  2-1  0-1  0-0  9-3
    Patriots    (98-30)  1-1  2-1  2-1  0-0  0-1  0-1  2-1  1-1  8-7
    Ravens     (78-50)  0-0  0-1  0-0  2-1  1-1  1-1  1-1  3-0  8-5
    Giants       (77-51)  0-1  0-1  4-0  0-1  0-0  0-0  4-0  0-0  8-3
    Colts         (86-40)  0-1  4-0  0-1  0-1  2-1  0-1  0-0  0-1  7-6
    Seahawks (66-62) 2-1  1-1  1-1  0-0  0-0  1-1  0-0  1-1  6-5
    Packers    (78-50)  0-0  0-0  1-1  0-0  0-1  4-0  0-1  1-1  6-4
    Saints       (72-56)   0-0  1-1  0-0  0-0  3-0  0-1  1-1  0-0  5-3
    Cardinals  (55-73)  0-0  0-0  0-0  3-1  1-1  0-0  0-0  0-0  4-2
    Bears        (76-52)   0-1  2-1  0-0  0-0  0-0  1-1  0-0  0-0  3-3
    49ers     (61-66-1)   0-0  0-0  0-0  0-0  0-0  0-0  1-1  2-0  3-1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Since 2004

Point being the Patriots have the best run professional team in all of sports.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

they are the best but need to get another championship or all of that is for not. belichick has done an outstanding job rebuilding this team over a couple of times while still winning. next year shouldn't be any different, they will win the division, probably 12 plus games, but lets hope the playoffs end bettere since 04. they need to figure out a way to score on teams with a strong defense in the playoffs.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

that record is impressive, they are by far the most consistant team since 05. best team in the league for at least the regular season anyways. lets get that ring next season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Obviously, but they need their best player to be their best player again, too.

yep, but at 36 its a lot to ask. i'd like to see them change their offensive philosophy, become more  physical and less finesse.  ballard, along with a healthy gronk out there should help. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Too bad they do not give trophies or banners for being well run (maybe they can print their own up like the 16-0 banner - "New England Patriots BEST REGULAR SEASON RECORD 2005-2012"). You might as well be in late 80's/early 90's Bills. Yeah, we have been one of the best teams in the NFL for the past 8 seasons without ever being the best... Two teams have won multiple Super Bowls since the Patriots last one. You really would rather have more playoff appearances over championships?

This is like the 16-0 banner hanging up at Gillette (I cannot stand to look at that thing). I just hope the team is not satifisied with second place...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

point also being they have tom brady and play in an abominable division now for over a decade

and sorry no team that has not won a championship in now 9 years is the best run

gee ever heard of the devils? lakers? spurs? red wings? st louis cardinals?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

See, this is what makes the whole Patriots haven't won a SB since spygate remarks so bogus, so dumb.  Okay, they haven't won a SB since then but look what they have done year in and year out since then.  And they lost 2 SB by 2 crazy plays.  This should end all spygate arguments yet people still bring it up.  Makes ya want to shake some sense into them.  Apparently they are ignoring the facts either because they are true haters and jealous of their success or they aren't to bright!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

yep, but at 36 its a lot to ask. i'd like to see them change their offensive philosophy, become more  physical and less finesse.  ballard, along with a healthy gronk out there should help. 

How about less finesse defense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Numbnuts, how exactly is their best player supposed to play his best when the rest of the team, can't coach, can't run, can't catch, can't get open and can't defend? Learn the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

See, this is what makes the whole Patriots haven't won a SB since spygate remarks so bogus, so dumb.  Okay, they haven't won a SB since then but look what they have done year in and year out since then.  And they lost 2 SB by 2 crazy plays.  This should end all spygate arguments yet people still bring it up.  Makes ya want to shake some sense into them.  Apparently they are ignoring the facts either because they are true haters and jealous of their success or they aren't to bright!

Don't let the spygate remarks bother you. Only idiots who have a malicious agenda and are ignoramuses about the game ever even mention that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

They're certainly in the argument...What perhaps is more impressive is they've done so during the salary cap era. The 49er of the 80's spent whatever they needed each year to ensure they fielded the best teams. How many teams today could have afforded both Steve Young and Joe Montana? 

Given the current roster and that Brady still has some tread on his tires. They'll continue to be in the mix for the foreseeable future. I would have liked to have seen how we'd have fared had Gronk not gone down and then losing Talib in the first half against the Ravens. No disrespect to the victors but my guess is the outcome would have been different...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Too bad they do not give trophies or banners for being well run (maybe they can print their own up like the 16-0 banner - "New England Patriots BEST REGULAR SEASON RECORD 2005-2012"). You might as well be in late 80's/early 90's Bills. Yeah, we have been one of the best teams in the NFL for the past 8 seasons without ever being the best... Two teams have won multiple Super Bowls since the Patriots last one. You really would rather have more playoff appearances over championships?

This is like the 16-0 banner hanging up at Gillette (I cannot stand to look at that thing). I just hope the team is not satifisied with second place...

The Bills went to the Super Bowl four straight years. That's incredible. The Patriots finished in the top 4 this year and top 2 last year with a young team. I'm happy with that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

point also being they have tom brady and play in an abominable division now for over a decade

and sorry no team that has not won a championship in now 9 years is the best run

NFC East isn't exactly a beast either...Aside from your Giants none of the others have sniffed the championship game for a decade. The Patriots play one of the toughest out of division schedules each year and hold their own against the best...don't disparage them due to the failings of others. It diminishes your own teams accomplishments having prevailed in two hard fought Super Bowls. Where the difference between victory and defeat has came down to the greatest escape and catch in Superbwol history and a dropped ball. It's not like your boys steamrolled them in either contest. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

NFC East isn't exactly a beast either...Aside from your Giants none of the others have sniffed the championship game for a decade. The Patriots play one of the toughest out of division schedules each year and hold their own against the best...don't disparage them due to the failings of others. It diminishes your own teams accomplishments having prevailed in two hard fought Super Bowls. Where the difference between victory and defeat has came down to the greatest escape and catch in Superbwol history and a dropped ball. It's not like your boys steamrolled them in either contest. 

never said they did, not once...and dont compare the NFC East with the AFC East...even a "mediocre" NFCE is better than the AFCE which has had the pats and three of the sorrier franchises of the past decade...plus NFCE has had romo and vick and mcnab and now rg3...AFCE has had brady

also ur opine about gronk, talib etc would have led to a different outcome is typical...the Ravens knocked the snot out of the pats, injuries or no, and such comments diminishes ur teams prior accomplishments also

and i am certainly not saying thepats have not had a great run nor been the most successful team overall in the past 9 seasons as far as wins during the reg season and playoff appearances, etc...but i maintain u cannot be the "best" organization without  championship during that time-and to say "in all of sports" is also off base because as I said u have to consider the lakers and spurs and devls and st l cards, etc...in that same period...ur red sox too

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Another discussion to salve the wounds of another lost playoff game and SB absence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

never said they did, not once...and dont compare the NFC East with the AFC East...even a "mediocre" NFCE is better than the AFCE which has had the pats and three of the sorrier franchises of the past decade...plus NFCE has had romo and vick and mcnab and now rg3...AFCE has had brady

I didn't compare them, I said the NFC East isn't and hasn't exactly been the stoutest either...Romo, McNab & Vick, none of those guys are or were or ever will be close to your boy Eli who is now and has been the best QB in that division for the last 5 or 6 years. Rep vs real...The Cowboys have been pretenders for a decade...the Eagles haven't been relevent for close to a decade and the Skin's are just now turningthe corner..."Hence the not exactly stout"...

also ur opine about gronk, talib etc would have led to a different outcome is typical...the Ravens knocked the snot out of the pats, injuries or no, and such comments diminishes ur teams prior accomplishments also...

Just check the half time stats w/ Talib on Boulden and then the second half stats without. The game turned on two turnovers and a drop ball (Welker). Denard had Smith in his pocket for most of the game and out physicaled him at the line...With Talib on the sidelines the Ravens came out in the 2nd half and went to Boulden early and often...

If you don't think a healthy Gronk increases our chances, you're not really a football fan. It's not an excuse it's a reality...

FYI They didn't knock the snot out of the Pat's, they did knock the snot out of Ridley (ouch!)...

and i am certainly not saying thepats have not had a great run nor been the most successful team overall in the past 9 seasons as far as wins during the reg season and playoff appearances, etc...but i maintain u cannot be the "best" organization without  championship during that time-and to say "in all of sports" is also off base because as I said u have to consider the lakers and spurs and devls and st l cards, etc...in that same period...ur red sox too

I never said they were best organization....I said they were in the argument...what they've accomplished during the salary cap era is noteworthy...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

8 years to be precise.

I said "in all of sports" just to spawn the discussion. I see you didn't include any NFL teams in your list.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Another discussion to salve the wounds of another lost playoff game and SB absence.

I'm as competitive as anyone and I was upset with the way the season ended but at the end of the day I looked back and was proud of another enjoyable season. Sure we all want championships and parades and bragging rights but being runner up is nothing to be ashamed of.

I have no wounds to be salved.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I'm as competitive as anyone and I was upset with the way the season ended but at the end of the day I looked back and was proud of another enjoyable season. Sure we all want championships and parades and bragging rights but being runner up is nothing to be ashamed of.

I have no wounds to be salved.

Well said, end of the day while I didn't enjoy losing to the Ravens, nor did I particularly enjoy losing either of the last two Super Bowls to the Giants...Hard to get to low, after your home team wins 3 in 4 years and arecincthe conversation of the best teams of all time and being compared to other dynastic teams. The pain of losing dulls pretty quickly, when your team has won. When we were crushed by the bears that stung for a few years..Since 2001 the team and the fans of Boston professional sports have been on a good run...what other city can boast of having won a championship in all four of the major sports In that time period...none. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Well said, end of the day while I didn't enjoy losing to the Ravens, nor did I particularly enjoy losing either of the last two Super Bowls to the Giants...Hard to get to low, after your home team wins 3 in 4 years and are in the conversation of the best teams of all time and being compared to other dynastic teams. The pain of losing dulls pretty quickly, when your team has won. When we were crushed by the bears that stung for a few years..Since 2001 the team and the fans of Boston professional sports have been on a good run...what other city can boast of having won a championship in all four of the major sports In that time period...none.

Amazing isn't it? I don't understand fans that feel anything short of a championship is a failure. I want my teams to think that way but I surely don't.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Offense wins games, defense wins championships!