Re: Since we always have to compare to the Colts, How's thier draft?
posted at 12/11/2009 12:15 AM EST
Ok - Here's your answer, best as I can do it.
1. D Brown will be in indy awhile.
2. Moala - should have filled a need but hasn't stepped up yet as expected. Indy is doing as well as can be expected with its interior D linemen which has almost always ben a weakness.
3. Powers - starting in place of 1st rd pick Marlin Jackson who has been hurt for the last 2 years. Doing a phenomenal job. Jackson is going to be gone. and he was a gamer, but 2 straight yrs of injuries will cause you to be cut.
4. Collie - very pleasant surprise as the league knows at WR.
4. Taylor - did not make the roster. Disappointing.
6. Painter- back up QB
7. Mcafee - starting punter
7. Thomas - did not make roster
2. Pollak - started 13 games as a rookie last year and 7 this year at Guard, but has lost starting job to a player from the Arena league, Kyle DeVan.
3. Wheeler - currently starting due to injury, but has been probably considered a disappointment. He's got his chance to prove his detractors wrong.
4. Tamme - back up TE - hard to unseat Clark, but has been a solid player for team.
5. Howard - not on roster.
6. Santi - TE - a back up like Tamme. Good contributer.
6. Justice - not on roster
6. Hart - got severely injured last year. I am hoping he can return to form. Got to play last week. Hard runner. will see if he can hang on.
6. Garcon - Waiter is serving up catches. Great pick
7. Richard - back up o-line. Started some games last year. Not this year. Healthier line this year.
1. Gonzalez - depends. could be great, but the younger receivers are doing great while he is injured.
2. Ugoh - started for 2 years but lost his job this year to udfa, Johnson who is doing a great job.
3. Hughes - not on roster
3. Pitcock - was a very good back up who decided he did not want to play anymore. Played one year then quit.
4. Condren - not on roster
4. Session - currently starting and achieving. Great pick
5. Hall - not on roster. thought he could be the big receiver other teams have. injury prone.
5. Coe - not on roster.
7. Dawson - versatile player - playing on d line at tackle and end. Started 12 games last year, 1 this year but playing a lot. Great contributor.
1. Addai - no need to comment
2. Jennings - a disappointment, but generally is the nickel in the d; and starter for injuries at cb.
3. Keiaho - On and off starter at LB. Less this year. Good contributor to team, but should a 3rd rdr do more?
5. Toudouze - was cut from team, but brought back this week.
6. Johnson - starting LT. Great Value pick. Has played all over the line. But his spot asks was the Ugoh pick a good one?
6. Bethea - probowler- 'nough said
1. Jackson - was starting until hurt and put on ir in 08. Tried to get back this year, but not fully recovered and played nickel. Hurt again this year an put on ir. Sad injury situation.
2. Hayden - potential probowler. Hurt much of this year but back in the line up last week.
3. Burns - not on roster
4. Gandy - played for the colts but no longer on roster
4. Giordano - cut this year due to roster spots. Was good special teamer that the colts had to let go.
5. Welsh - not on roster
5. Hunt - not on roster.
5. Hagler - starter, but currently on IR.
6. Rayner - not on roster
7. Davis - not on roster.
colts keep their players. draft more than they can keep. Mine the UDFA market. Do not usually sign high cost free agents and do not usually make trades.