Smashmouth Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Smashmouth Offense

So Like many of the posters on here I agree that we have a problem when it comes to offense, In my opinion the blame is not solely one group, but the group as a whole. The play calling is the worst though, all teams are playing a prevent defense because they know that the Pats want to air it out, and as other posters have pointed out, we never won a superbowl that way, I mean New Orleans who is a pass happy offense has 32 less PA than us, I mean what the heck.

We need to go back to the roots that we had, a clock grinding offense with power packages. The TE that they traded the giants for wasn't even active yesterday. I say we go out and sign Lorenzo Neal if he is still interested in playing, and the Pats feel he can still play. If he can't find a true fullback somewhere and set our selves up in a good old school pats offense. I also would like to see some changes on the O-line particualarly in the LT, give Vollmer a shot or two I would like to at least see him out there. If we want to run the ball and Neal is healthy he is by far the best run blocker, so i dont want to hear any calls for his head.

What do you all think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: Smashmouth Offense

I agree, run, run run and screen passes to set up the passing game. Losing Josh McDaniels was a big deal afterall. No OC or OC by committee is not working.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Smashmouth Offense

I think if Vollmer or anyone else was earning time in practice, they would play. It is clear BB has no allegiences.
    I would like to see one of the RB's get 15-25 carries to see if they and the OL can get a rythm going. At this point, I dont care who the RB is between Maroney, Tayler or Morris....while Maroney gets most of the criticism in these posts, they all get met at the point of attack equally, leaving them no room to move.
    Now I see why BB drafted OL this year...seems some of the current starters may be at the end of their effectiveness (Light/Kaczur)...I also thought that Koppen had a tough day yesterday, but like the Bills DE last week, Koppen had a tough matchup yesterday