So, brady is going to play this whole season without a contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: So, brady is going to play this whole season without a contract?

Brady is Bob Krafts son. * in my Darth Kraft voice " tom I am your father" *  I bet theres a deal already handshook on. I just hope they wait till Pay-check Mannings contract to get done and give Brady $100 more to make him the NFL's highest paid player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

This troll is on a roll

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Peyton Manning - Colt;  Hoyer - Patriot;  Brady - 49er.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

think happy thoughts
    *there is already a deal done*
    *Tom Brady will retire a Pat*
    *Management would never let him go*

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The 'tard factor is getting pretty high on this board lately.  Fortunately, it's not many folks, but the work of one or two individuals with too much time on their hands...and too many accounts here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Brady is under contract. He got most of his money front-loaded.

I believe it goes without saying Brady deserves and will get his due.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to So, brady is going to play this whole season without a contract?:
    [QUOTE]Boy, that's great. With the money we've wasted on crap FA signings we could have paid Brady plenty. Kraft will keep using 2011 uncertainty as an excuse right? What a joke. If I were Brady I would have held out but that's not his style and that's commendable..but it was in his right that's for sure. Kraft oughta take a good look at Patriot Place. Brady paid for it!
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

This is a team sport. TB is the most important player on the team but he wan't making playoff interceptions on defense or miracle fourth down defensive stops during the championship years. He played with a lot of other great players and a great coach.  That Pats have had as many hits as misses with FAs.

It was pretty darned good there from 2001-2005 with the Pats winning 3 of 4 SBs in those years. Those were the days and there isn't a Jet or Indy fan who knows my joy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

ah yes, reminis about the good old days fantasy baron.  All I am saying is that if TB was such good buddies with Kraft he would not be playing the last year of his deal out.  He would have an extension.  They might as well frachise him but then they would pay him about 3x what he is getting this year.  We all know how players love to get franchised...

Anyhow, I have my own teams contract issues to deal with, I just dont see TB resigning with the pats if he plays this year out and is a FA next year or whenever we play again after this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I love reminscing about the Patriots. They won 3 SBs in my lifetime. They were nice enough to be dominant before my wife and I had a son so I could thoroughly enjoy their one-sided azz whoopings from the comfort of a bar stool instead of the playroom. Like I said no Jet or Indy fan could know my joy. It was a 4 year span that seemed like forever even to me. I can't imagine what it felt like to be another team's fan. I bet they just stopped watching football until it was over.

Anyway, the Jets are and always have been a good team and have had the Pats' number on quite a few occassions. To be honest I was much more worried about the Jets with Pennington's rifle scope accuracy than I am with Sanchez. It should be a good year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

A few months ago I posted the thought that if Brady if is somehow stupidly not re-signed,Bob Kraft's only legacy will be that he got cheap with the best Q.B.(yes,I believe he is the best)for what will be well over a decade assuming no injuries.Super Bowls,fielding a legitimate contending team for the playoffs and Super Bowls for many years and turning a somewhat woe-be-gone franchise into one of the most valuable in the league will be ignored and forgotten and the very mention of his name will cause the most derisive statements,laughter at his stupidity and every incompetent own for years will be compared to only one man,Bob Kraft.I don't think this is what Kraft would be willing to accept at nearly any cost,unless of course he is stupid and incompetent anmd I don't think he is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In Response to Re: So, brady is going to play this whole season without a contract?:
    [QUOTE]I love reminscing about the Patriots. They won 3 SBs in my lifetime. They were nice enough to be dominant before my wife and I had a son so I could thoroughly enjoy their one-sided azz whoopings from the comfort of a bar stool instead of the playroom. Like I said no Jet or Indy fan could know my joy. It was a 4 year span that seemed like forever even to me. I can't imagine what it felt like to be another team's fan. I bet they just stopped watching football until it was over. Anyway, the Jets are and always have been a good team and have had the Pats' number on quite a few occassions. To be honest I was much more worried about the Jets with Pennington's rifle scope accuracy than I am with Sanchez. It should be a good year.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

haha, we got our hopes up a few times in those years and watched while you guys made magic.  Think how great it would be to look back at an undefeated season and 4th championship(zing). It was a tough time for jets fans, you heard that song by kermit the frog, It Aint Easy Being Green...That was a different time.  Vrabel, bruschi and mcguiness aint walking through those doors this year.  Penny was a favorite of mine, wish he was our back up instead of the guys we have now.  I think that was the Jets being cheap. 

Looking forward to week 2 and getting the Sanchize some more wins to quiet all the doubters : ) Since you are the fantasy baron i will have you know that I drafted Carson Palmer.  Also, who do you like more, Dustin Keller or Todd Heap.  Dropped the ball and waited too long to draft a TE. Or are you the fantasy baron because you live in a fantasy world like some of the posters here and believe that the hooded one is flawless?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He has a contract for this season, why wouldn't he play?  He doesn't have a contract for NEXT season.  Come next season and no contract then we better start to worry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

I saw flacco this preseason and I figured that heap would benefit from it.  Palmer over sanchize in fantasy football.  Thats why its called fantasy..I am just looking for points, my team runs and has some weapons too boot.  Hopefully it will keep 9 guys out of the box.

edit: oh yeah, this was  a question for the fantasy baron, you obviously dont know jack about ff if you are asking for sanchize />palmer. : P

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to So, brady is going to play this whole season without a contract?:
    [QUOTE]Boy, that's great. With the money we've wasted on crap FA signings we could have paid Brady plenty. Kraft will keep using 2011 uncertainty as an excuse right? What a joke. If I were Brady I would have held out but that's not his style and that's commendable..but it was in his right that's for sure. Kraft oughta take a good look at Patriot Place. Brady paid for it!

This is why you will never be Brady.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: So, brady is going to play this whole season without a contract?:
    [QUOTE]ah yes, reminis about the good old days fantasy baron.  All I am saying is that if TB was such good buddies with Kraft he would not be playing the last year of his deal out.  He would have an extension.  They might as well frachise him but then they would pay him about 3x what he is getting this year.  We all know how players love to get franchised... Anyhow, I have my own teams contract issues to deal with, I just dont see TB resigning with the pats if he plays this year out and is a FA next year or whenever we play again after this year.
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

You can't spell, why should your opinion count for anything?  Spelling is a sign of a trained and orderly mind.  He has a contract for THIS YEAR.  They are working on a contract going forward.  If it makes you happy to think we might let him go, fine, but then, Darelle Revis.  That's all I have to say about that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

[QUOTE]Peyton Manning - Colt;  Hoyer - Patriot;  Brady - 49er.
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]
    Good joke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Goes to show how much people pay attention to facts...  how many times have we heard that Brady is currently in the LAST YEAR of his contract and this string was started with the premise he is not under contract.  Was it your intent to ask, will Brady play an entire season without a NEW contract?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

quit the gloom and doomCry

he's gonna get signed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

This has got to be one of the worst posts ever.  No contract and I would hold out if I were Brady.  Geez. 

Picture this.  You're Kraft.  You just let Tom Brady go.  See ya!  What would the fan base do?  Would it pack the stadium every Sunday?  I seriously doubt it.  There would be a huge backlash.  Tell me, does this make any sense?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Guys and Gals, there is a reason that Brady and Mankins aren't getting the big bucks, and BB and Kraft are doing the right thing.

There is no cap this year whatsoever, and if we give out the huge money Mankins and others around the league want, and then the league brings back the salary cap again next year, we and teams that payed the big bucks will get screwed.  No one knows whether the cap will come back or not.

Say we pay Brady and Mankins outrageous money this year, the cap comes back,  Say we are $100 million over the cap, we won't be able to pay anyone, rookies, FA's or regular players anything for years.

Brady knows this, and Manklns too.  Mankins doesn't seem to care, and he wants his money.  Brady?  I am not sure, but he is out there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]He has a contract for this season, why wouldn't he play?  He doesn't have a contract for NEXT season.  Come next season and no contract then we better start to worry.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Good Football players usually do not play out their contracts.  They are usually negotiated prior to the last year of the current contract because no player wants to go into a season without salary protection for the future.  If a player gets hurt in their last year, then they may be done.  So usually a player will force management's hands.  Management understands and relents. 

This is a unique situation and Manning and Brady are both playing out their last year.  That said, Manning's was restructured and back loaded a couple of times so he's got a really big number this year - good timing for the colts given that this year is uncapped.