So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?:
    In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : You must have some proof of your accusations..... Is it reduculous to say that because of the Bar fight that marshall was in, a man shot Marshall's teammate and killed him?  Marshall indirectly caused his teammate to get killed.....truth.
    Posted by m1021us

That's a complete and utter lie. Why don't you just say Marshall shot his teammate? Pathetic. You're just po'd NE didn't get him. I guess it's ok to run over a meter maid though...You just can't admit this move made the Dolphins a much better team and changed the dynamics of the afc east. If you are going to be THAT much of a homer you should probably throw in a truth once in awhile. You are the only person on this board who won't admit this move has you worried..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I still don't get the locker room chemistry! So you mean to say that a player like Marshall will single handedly destroy the locker room dynamics. So people like Moss, Welker, Wilfork, Warren, all proven veterans will not be able to control him? Gimme a break!I feel that in every locker room, you can take a risk on a player like Marshall, if you have proven veterans. I am not asking to make us like Bengals, and Jets who are taking other teams' garbage.  Some times, we have to take risks and  it might be a hit, or a miss. Marshall, for all his issues, is till a 100 catches receiver for the last three years. I think he was worth a risk, especially Moss saying that this is his final year and Welker may not be in field until Nov. Now I understand that he will command a big pay day, and we cannot do that unless we address the contract of folks like Welker, who has had brilliant seasons for us for almost a laughable salary (around 2-3 mil/year). If that si the reason, then I understand, we have to take care of our own first. But this hoola hoop about how he could cause problems for us and how he will bring us down is BS, IMHO>

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

point 1 - http://wbztv.com/patriots/Randy.Moss.New.2.630980.html point 3 - http://the-w.com/thread.php/id=6172. Also provides some other fun details about Moss' fine upstanding character.  point 2 - It is ridiculous to suggest that Marshall "had one of his teamates killed".  That would be murder.
    Posted by underdoggg

Actually it was shown that the women was obsessed with Moss and upset that he didn't want to see her anymore, she admitted it was a way to get back at him.

Are you seriously trying to compare Moss acting like an idiot bumping a cop with no intent to injure (and she was not injured) to Marshall intentionaly hitting a cop with intent to injure? Huge difference. As a example my friend was arrested for assualt on an officer, he was drunk and spit on the cop. They locked him up overnight then let him go in the morning. That same night someone actually tried to beat a cop he was arrested charged and put into jail. Same charge but 2 completely different situations.

Yes he did cause his friends death. Marshall was showing off and had his friend next to him. The gunman said he was going after Marshall so yes he was involved but he commited no crime so you can't arrest him. It's like you getting a friend drunk then letting him drive home. You can't legally be at fault for murder but you might as well put a gun to their head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

What in God's name is going on in Foxboro?  Are they awake over there?  A 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year for BRANDON MARSHALL - A CERTIFIED PLAYMAKER!!  What the heck, why couldnt we have gotten him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I still don't get the locker room chemistry! So you mean to say that a player like Marshall will single handedly destroy the locker room dynamics. So people like Moss, Welker, Wilfork, Warren, all proven veterans will not be able to control him? Gimme a break!I feel that in every locker room, you can take a risk on a player like Marshall, if you have proven veterans. I am not asking to make us like Bengals, and Jets who are taking other teams' garbage.  Some times, we have to take risks and  it might be a hit, or a miss. Marshall, for all his issues, is till a 100 catches receiver for the last three years. I think he was worth a risk, especially Moss saying that this is his final year and Welker may not be in field until Nov. Now I understand that he will command a big pay day, and we cannot do that unless we address the contract of folks like Welker, who has had brilliant seasons for us for almost a laughable salary (around 2-3 mil/year). If that si the reason, then I understand, we have to take care of our own first. But this hoola hoop about how he could cause problems for us and how he will bring us down is BS, IMHO />
    Posted by bmadmax81

one name comes to mind T.O.  yeah he did wonders for the 49ers, Eagles, and Cowboys locker room. Yes one cancer can ruin a locker room

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

point 1 - http://wbztv.com/patriots/Randy.Moss.New.2.630980.html point 3 - http://the-w.com/thread.php/id=6172. Also provides some other fun details about Moss' fine upstanding character.  point 2 - It is ridiculous to suggest that Marshall "had one of his teamates killed".  That would be murder.
    Posted by underdoggg

1) LOL!  Nice try....

No criminal charges have been filed against Moss.

He told reporters in the locker room at Gillette Stadium Wednesday that he did not hurt the woman and that she's trying to extort money from him.

2) that was a traffic officer and I missed the part where he resisted arrested for that....was he even arrested and tried?

3) I said Marshall indirectly caused his teammate to get killed....if he wasn't there then the confrontation would not have happened that led to the shooting.  how is that murder?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : That's a complete and utter lie. Why don't you just say Marshall shot his teammate? Pathetic. You're just po'd NE didn't get him. I guess it's ok to run over a meter maid though...You just can't admit this move made the Dolphins a much better team and changed the dynamics of the afc east. If you are going to be THAT much of a homer you should probably throw in a truth once in awhile. You are the only person on this board who won't admit this move has you worried..
    Posted by perfect72

LOL!  When did Moss kill the meter maid?  Where did I defend Moss' actions when he was in Minnesota?  I am not a huge Moss fan, I don't think that he tries as much as he should.....

I didn't want Marshall here.....

Can Marshall pass rush?  Maimi can't be better until they fill other holes......

It doesn't worry me....last I checked, Henne is still the QB...and he threw more INTs than TD's.....he is worse than Orton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I still don't get the locker room chemistry! So you mean to say that a player like Marshall will single handedly destroy the locker room dynamics. So people like Moss, Welker, Wilfork, Warren, all proven veterans will not be able to control him? Gimme a break!I feel that in every locker room, you can take a risk on a player like Marshall, if you have proven veterans. I am not asking to make us like Bengals, and Jets who are taking other teams' garbage.  Some times, we have to take risks and  it might be a hit, or a miss. Marshall, for all his issues, is till a 100 catches receiver for the last three years. I think he was worth a risk, especially Moss saying that this is his final year and Welker may not be in field until Nov. Now I understand that he will command a big pay day, and we cannot do that unless we address the contract of folks like Welker, who has had brilliant seasons for us for almost a laughable salary (around 2-3 mil/year). If that si the reason, then I understand, we have to take care of our own first. But this hoola hoop about how he could cause problems for us and how he will bring us down is BS, IMHO />
    Posted by bmadmax81

You are only touching on a small part of the problem with Marshall......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Lets just hope that if Bellichic picks a receiver in the draft - he doesnt go all Chad Jackson or Bethel Johnson on us.  Lets face it - he has a horrible history of drafting WR's and TE's, most of them have proven to be mediocre at best to terrible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Lets just hope that if Bellichic picks a receiver in the draft - he doesnt go all Chad Jackson or Bethel Johnson on us.  Lets face it - he has a horrible history of drafting WR's and TE's, most of them have proven to be mediocre at best to terrible.
    Posted by Plastics017

He had drafted a WR that was the Super Bowl MVP......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You guys know that he signed a four-year 47.5 million contract with 24 million guaranteed plus he signed the one-year 2.5 million tender from the Broncos so its 5-year 50 MILLION DOLLARS!! thats alot of money and if you think the Patriots will pay that much money for a guy then you must be high.. we all know that the only highest paid player will be Tom Brady
    Posted by blazed21

Wow that's nuts. I knew he wanted to be paid as the top WR in the league but that kinda of money is just silly. There's only 1 WR in the league I'd pay that kind of cash for and he happens to be in Arizona not Florida

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

"Cmon!, Why is every move "not a good move for the Pats"? Let me ask, what move is a "good move for the Pats??"   Maybe Kraft & Belichick have decided to do the EXACT same thing with The Patriots Team, as what they'd like to happen with The Patriots Fan Base:  They recognized that they need to rebuild a strong core and foundation first & foremost... Rather than trading away their future for tagalong, whiney, underappreciating people who's hearts aren't really in it, Kraft & Belichick have recognized that there needs to be a dedicated, hard-following "true" team atmosphere, instead of piecemealing some uncaring group of people together, who sell out patience and doing things correctly this time, for the immediate halfway-done satisfaction of appearances that look seems good for all of a second, but sells everyone involved short every second afterwards and forever...  What I mean to say nicely, Is ShutTFU and wait until Draft, or else hop on another team that looks to do better this 1 season... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Hmmm so when brandon marshall caught 18 catches in one game he wasnt dedicated?

When boldin looked like he was dead carried out on a stretcher and came back 3 games later to play or tried all last yaer on a sprained ankle to play... that was not dedication?

You are absolutely right....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

What in God's name is going on in Foxboro?  Are they awake over there?  A 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year for BRANDON MARSHALL - A CERTIFIED PLAYMAKER!!  What the heck, why couldnt we have gotten him.
    Posted by Plastics017

Its jsut to show that we are cheap... simple as that... Patriots are cheap in every aspect... they satisfied the talkers by finally resigning players, but we will never see them resign players and go after players...

we might see them make one trade... greg olsen.. if that... but lets see we could of had

holmes / boldin / marshall /

who do we pick up david patten... next on our list...

irvin fryer
    terry glenn

next year 2011 holding out for

troy brown

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

I wanted Marshall but pay him the highest NFL salary in history for a reciever. No thanks.
    Posted by tompenny

5 years for 50 mil with 25 mil guarantee, and he's only 26 good enough money especially since year one is only 2.5 million 4 years after that is 47

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

You guys know that he signed a four-year 47.5 million contract with 24 million guaranteed plus he signed the one-year 2.5 million tender from the Broncos so its 5-year 50 MILLION DOLLARS!! thats alot of money and if you think the Patriots will pay that much money for a guy then you must be high.. we all know that the only highest paid player will be Tom Brady
    Posted by blazed21

If the Cap comes back, expect Maimi to be in a big hole......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Its jsut to show that we are cheap... simple as that... Patriots are cheap in every aspect... they satisfied the talkers by finally resigning players, but we will never see them resign players and go after players... we might see them make one trade... greg olsen.. if that... but lets see we could of had holmes / boldin / marshall / who do we pick up david patten... next on our list... irvin fryer terry glenn next year 2011 holding out for troy brown
    Posted by clarkeyj1

LOL!  pathetic analysis......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : 5 years for 50 mil with 25 mil guarantee, and he's only 26 good enough money especially since year one is only 2.5 million 4 years after that is 47
    Posted by clarkeyj1

The first year (which is uncapped) is 2.5mil. What happens when a new cap and CBA happens. That 4 years for 47mil isn't going to look so good after that. And that's not to mention the big contract Dansby got. Those 2 players are going to take up a huge chunk of a future cap. It's a win now type of deal for Miami. They are hedging on the holdout rather then a new CBA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Come on.  You really wanted the Patriots to give up two second rounders AND make this head case the highest paid player on the team?  Get a clue. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

You guys want ronnie brown and/or teddy ginn and the Ginn family?  Come and get them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : LOL!  pathetic analysis......
    Posted by m1021us

Whats pathetic is in three months time u have managed to rack up 1000 posts... go out get some sunshine I bet you also racked up about 75 lbs to add to your 300 lbs you already have.

I am suprised you can find the keyboard under all those pizza boxes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : LOL!  When did Moss kill the meter maid?  Where did I defend Moss' actions when he was in Minnesota?  I am not a huge Moss fan, I don't think that he tries as much as he should..... I didn't want Marshall here..... Can Marshall pass rush?  Maimi can't be better until they fill other holes...... It doesn't worry me....last I checked, Henne is still the QB...and he threw more INTs than TD's.....he is worse than Orton.
    Posted by m1021us

So that's how you judge a 23 year old qb with the League's worst receiving core? Why bother arguing with someone who is obviously completely clueless   when it comes to football. Your comments amplify this sentiment..get a clue my friend or else you'll be crying in your beer next year when your teams in 3rd place  wondering how the heck they got there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : The first year (which is uncapped) is 2.5mil. What happens when a new cap and CBA happens. That 4 years for 47mil isn't going to look so good after that. And that's not to mention the big contract Dansby got. Those 2 players are going to take up a huge chunk of a future cap. It's a win now type of deal for Miami. They are hedging on the holdout rather then a new CBA
    Posted by PatsEng

That is basically average as a number 1 reciever WHO is proven so that isnt that large of a contract

Plus Hartline, Bess, and Cam, and Ginn all can play the slot and oh yah at 26 Marshall is the oldest one I believe.

And yeah you re right if they are hedging on the holdout... what are the patriots holding on to atleast?

DRAFT ROOKIES TO PLAY one year? then sit out a year not gain experience?

You have to think we do not have any outside recievers besides TATE, aiken is not going to take over, and edelman isnt going to either.. teams keep getting younger while we keep getting older, but yet the draft will help out but we cant keep stockpiling because we need to cash out, and two second rounders would of been fine especially for a youngER PLAYER...

and for people saying OH get DEZ BRYANT hes just as much as a DIVA..

just hope they go for D. THomas..

but i get what you are saying with dansby..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : 1) LOL!  Nice try.... No criminal charges have been filed against Moss. He told reporters in the locker room at Gillette Stadium Wednesday that he did not hurt the woman and that she's trying to extort money from him. 2) that was a traffic officer and I missed the part where he resisted arrested for that....was he even arrested and tried? 3) I said Marshall indirectly caused his teammate to get killed....if he wasn't there then the confrontation would not have happened that led to the shooting.  how is that murder?
    Posted by m1021us

1.  you said accused.  He was accused. 
    2.  who cares whether the officer was a traffic cop or not.  He did it.  It was intentional, and he was being a malcontent. 
    3.  You are not reading well - I specifically said I had nothing regarding him resisting arrest (that was point #4. - please do a better job of reading).
    4.  You said Marshall had his teammate killed.  Go back and read your own words.  Now you are backpeddling because you know what you said was wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Why didn't the Pat's sign every available free agent this year?  I can't believe it. 
    They're so cheap.

We need to win now.  Forget about the future.

Locker room chemistry is overrated. 

Everyone in the division is getting better but the Pats just sit back and watch it all and do nothing.

Wah! Wah! Wah!

I guess we're dealing with the instant gratification generation.  Noone cares about the future.  It's all about now. 

I like what the Pat's are doing even if they appear to be doing nothing.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I know everyone wants instant gratification (society as a whole) but the prudent thing for the long term is to use the draft and secondary market of free agency to fix what needs fixing. Of all the moves NY and Miami has made Marshall is the one that could be the toughest to handle but their QB situation is what will keep this from being a big deal unless Parcells gets a chance at Claussen.
    Posted by DaBlade

so you think claussen is a better prospect than what brady quinn was? i dont

henne will be fine and that should scare alot of pats fans