So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit?

So, is all this talk about Moss just the media and speculation or do you guys think the Pats have any intrest?
    Ocho has been slow to catch on, who says we can't have bother players here especially if Moss comes in at a cap friendly deal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit?

The Pats have had all offseason to bring Moss back.  He isn't here.  Barring injury and how fast Chad Johnson can catch on, he'll stay retired if he's true to his word.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well it's a great fable if nothing else and it does keep the emphisis off of Ochocinco. Brady likes Moss when he's not aligator arming passes thrown in his direction or Burger kinging the passes by saying " can u help me I have small hands"....Moss when into the game itself and not just into himself, is a great football player!  Hopefully Ochocinco gets with the program faster than Holt or Galloway did or he'll be sitting on the bench a lot!!! This is why they call it a team sport.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Honestly.... I think the Patriots have no interest at this point.  Not ruling it out down the road but BB and the Patriots are now into game and season mode.  I think they have it in the back of their minds in case something happens during the season.  But fo now, NO merit to this.

Just another thing that the sports hacks jump all over to cause commotion, to stir up interest, to have another object to write about so people will read their bogus garbage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

He comes back on Tuesday is my guess and Branch is gone not Ocho.

I know Branch and Brady are close but Branch didn't have a single catch in the preseason,

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

In Response to Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit? : I am assuming this is sarcasm.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Nope

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In Response to Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit?:
    [QUOTE]He comes back on Tuesday is my guess and Branch is gone not Ocho. I know Branch and Brady are close but Branch didn't have a single catch in the preseason,
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

Your not very insightful, Branch had no catches because he wasn't thrown to, he wasn't thown to because brady was trying to work out timing with ocho, welker and the other recievers. Brady and Branch can connect if both were blind and it was a driving snowstorm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit? : Your not very insightful, Branch had no catches because he wasn't thrown to, he wasn't thown to because brady was trying to work out timing with ocho, welker and the other recievers. Brady and Branch can connect if both were blind and it was a driving snowstorm.
    Posted by jjbag[/QUOTE]

couldn't have said it better myself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

i would love for moss to come back for many reasons.  on a personal level, i really like and respect the guy (so shoot me).

If all the WRs stay healthy though, I don't see it happening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit? : Your not very insightful, Branch had no catches because he wasn't thrown to, he wasn't thown to because brady was trying to work out timing with ocho, welker and the other recievers. Brady and Branch can connect if both were blind and it was a driving snowstorm.
    Posted by jjbag[/QUOTE]

I'd say Welker and Brady have a better connection.  Welker has far more receptions from Brady than Branch does.  Why did Welker need preseason work and not Branch?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

LETS BE REAL PLEASE!!!

Like my man Stephen A. Smith stated "Randy, Can Still Ball" PERIOD

STOP LYING TO YOURSELF WITH ALL THAT NEGATIVE TALK

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from riogrande100. Show riogrande100's posts

I would love to see Moss come back and im afraid Branch maybe the one to los out. With Moss on one side, Chad on the right and welker in the slot we could do 2007 again only this time instead of Stalworth and Gafnet we got Ocho! And he may be struggling with the plays but teams would be in a mess as who gets double coverage?

And to the mix the RB's we have it would be an offensive nightmare.

The presence of Moss alone would have Chad open! and teams dont want that!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Straight Cash Homie!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Here's what I want to know. If we were to bring Moss back on a one-year deal, wouldn't it be better to do it after week 1 so that it's not guaranteed? I'm not saying it'll happen but all this 'if we would have wanted him, we would have gotten him' talk is without merit. In the offseason, he wanted a 2-3 year deal and the market for that never developed. Now, he says he'll come back if the situation is right with sources close to him saying 'the right situation' is New England or nobody. Not like he needed to be in camp to learn the offense. Not like he doesn't keep himself in football shape. If the issue is him getting in O'brien's face, it's not that big a deal. I don't know any superstar player that hasn't publicly and privately questioned a coach. It just means you're competitive.

Just wondering.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Here's what I want to know. If we were to bring Moss back on a one-year deal, wouldn't it be better to do it after week 1 so that it's not guaranteed? I'm not saying it'll happen but all this 'if we would have wanted him, we would have gotten him' talk is without merit. In the offseason, he wanted a 2-3 year deal and the market for that never developed. Now, he says he'll come back if the situation is right with sources close to him saying 'the right situation' is New England or nobody. Not like he needed to be in camp to learn the offense. Not like he doesn't keep himself in football shape. If the issue is him getting in O'brien's face, it's not that big a deal. I don't know any superstar player that hasn't publicly and privately questioned a coach. It just means you're competitive. Just wondering.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Makes sense to me. Like most, I doubt he's coming back, but if he were, much better to do it in a non-guaranteed way.

Be interesting to see if his going to Myra Kraft's funeral has any impact here. Mr. Kraft was really touched by his presence; maybe fences are mended.

The two big issues are, A) Skill level; we know he's no longer Moss '07, but if he could be 80% of Moss '07...could be interesting; and, B) Attitude; could he be satisfied with just being a weapon rather than being the weapon.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats have had all offseason to bring Moss back.  He isn't here.  Barring injury and how fast Chad Johnson can catch on, he'll stay retired if he's true to his word.  
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

If the Pats intend to bring Moss back, they won't do so until after the Miami game. If Moss were signed before the season opener, his contract would be guaranteed for the full year. But, by signing him after game one...the Pats can cut him loose at any time thereafter, without any cap repercussions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit? :      If the Pats intend to bring Moss back, they won't do so until after the Miami game. If Moss were signed before the season opener, his contract would be guaranteed for the full year. But, by signing him after game one...the Pats can cut him loose at any time thereafter, without any cap repercussions.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

He's been there for the taking going on 8 months, and even though his salary won't be guaranteed after week 1 he could've benefitted from training camp.  Plus the Pats could've written any performance language they wanted into Moss' contract since he's made it clear it's the Pats or retirement -- he doesn't have much leverage. 

I highly doubt that the Pats would've traded for and guaranteed Chad Johnson a big chunk of his contract if they had a mind to bring Moss back.  If he does come back, who goes?  CJ, Welker and Branch are locks and Edelman, Slater and Price all play special teams.  Maybe if there's an injury, like I mentioned, but all signs seem to point to the Pats moving on. 

Watch, after I say this they'll sign him next Tuesday...   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]Moss wants to come back, Brady wouldnt mind having him back, and I dont think BB cares what either of them have to say haha. I would love to have Moss back but I dont think it will happen.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I have it on good authority that last year Moss's loafing on plays not only rankled BB, but many of the players as well. It was Brady who said to BB that if he didn't take Moss out of the lineup, he wouldn't throw him the ball. BB, understanding the seriousness of the situation, then and there decided to cut bait on Moss. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcfelgar. Show marcfelgar's posts

Darius Butler Released!!!

Darius Butler announces release on Twitter!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcfelgar. Show marcfelgar's posts

Darius Butler Relased

Annonced on his Twitter page