so, what we learned today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

so, what we learned today?

Weird kinda day in NFL then again what week isnt weird...

Jets, classic Jekyll/Hyde team a no show this week. hopefully this is the final downfall.

Dolphins, actually looked okay in the W today.... still no threat to us.

Ravens, im not counting them out but they certainly didnt help themselves today. if ray rice plays like that week in&out they can start winning again.

Lions, will never be an elite team losing those kinds of games in that way. just a sorry franchise

Texans, suck.

49ers/Kaep aren't an offensive threat. he is looking a bit overwhelmed. thought Dilfer said it best when he said Kaep gets lost after 1st read is shutdown. still have a good D though.

Saints, solid team. defense looked good. big threat.

Seahawks, get the job done easily. major threat.

Falcons, sorry.

Giants might actually make playoffs with schedule and the way they are playing.

Redskins, RG3 blew an almost impossible comeback. dumb throw. good heart. not the same QB/team

Eagles, took advantage of a bad skins D still not sold on them at all.

Bengals, eh good home team. inconsistent. suck on the road.

Browns, not a playoff team. still a possbile trap game in a month.

Bears, winning w/o Culter is a huge plus. good team there in Chicago

Packers, wow Rodgers is needed. and a D

Most impressive: Seahawks, Russell Wilson looked good. Lynch is a monster. Defense is great. the team is just good and gets a huge threat in Harvin back right in time for huge games.

Least: Falcons, wow. what happened. seems like nowadays you can pencil in Ryan for atleast 2INTS. i know injuries have added up but no excuse (aka Pats).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: so, what we learned today?

Most impressive: Seahawks, Russell Wilson looked good. Lynch is a monster. Defense is great. the team is just good and gets a huge threat in Harvin back right in time for huge games.

My prediction:  Seahawks by 20.3 points.  Actual result:  Seahawks by 21 points.  Personally I'm not impressed at all.  I'm also 9-1 in my games of the week.  Easy stuff!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My prediction:  Seahawks by 20.3 points.  Actual result:  Seahawks by 21 points.  Personally I'm not impressed at all.  I'm also 9-1 in my games of the week.  Easy stuff!

[/QUOTE]

Vikes put up a late TD to cut the lead. no matter the case, the game was pure domination. they shutdown AP and every part of the team is clicking! who was more impressive than them?! i can think of one. the Bills dont count cuz Geno was playing for them today lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

only team maybe more impressive than Seahawks were the Bengals. but i expect them at home after losing the first to cleveland and coming off bad losses to make a statment win

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Don't P on the 3rd rail.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't P on the 3rd rail.

[/QUOTE]

huh

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Thread title

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What we learned is that every NFL game is a crapshoot as to which team comes out strong as expected.  Did anyone really call for the Jets to lose big like they did against Buffalo or the Steelers to do what they did against Detroit?

"On any given Sunday" is holding very true this season.  Except tonight, the better, Pats, team wins!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Agree for the most part. Still seeing crazy results this far into season.

I wouldnt count out Detroit just yet. Steelers are still a vet team with a very good coach but Detroit aint going anywhere. They will make some noise year and beyond.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lots of bad football being played.  Worst season I've seen in years in terms of poor fundamentals. Not sure why that is. You'd think post lockout in 2011 would be the time for that.

Even the coaching has been bad overall.

The teams that throw games away are too numerous to count.

Did I mention Bob Sutton was a moron for playing man all game vs Gomer?

[/QUOTE]

Did you know that Manning is far better againts zone Ds?  Out to prove how little you know?  Seems that way.  How was Denver's awful D yesterday?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Interesting, I thought the Steelers and Giants were done because of cap hell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

I learned Chiefs' DC, Bob Sutton, was a moron last night playing man coverage the whole game.

You gotta drop some zone in on Gomie to get his ball to float.   Huge mistake and the reason why they lost.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, it wasn't becasue Denver held KC to 10 points until late in the 4th?  Think 10 points is enough to beat a team that averages 40?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

the way to beat Manning is to obstruct his view and make him rush......d-lines hands should be up in his face...too many games this year he has been allowed to just sit there and survey the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the way to beat Manning is to obstruct his view and make him rush......d-lines hands should be up in his face...too many games this year he has been allowed to just sit there and survey the field.

[/QUOTE]

Great post.  I've never heard of a team trying to presssure a QB in order to disrupt the passing game.  Hey, wasn't that what KC said they were going to do?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

every team is but the Pats...for the next 10 years

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Lots of bad football being played.  Worst season I've seen in years in terms of poor fundamentals. Not sure why that is. You'd think post lockout in 2011 would be the time for that.

Even the coaching has been bad overall.

The teams that throw games away are too numerous to count.

Did I mention Bob Sutton was a moron for playing man all game vs Gomer?

[/QUOTE]

guess they are all just not as smart and knowledgable about football as you

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

just substitute Tom Brady for Peyton Manning in the above post and it works just the same

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

every team is but the Pats...for the next 10 years

[/QUOTE]

Your team sucks, Gunty. Ravens sub .500. GM rushed off to the hospital. Texans. Cooked. Ed Reed signing a major mistake like I said at the time.

Steelers suck, Giants, Ravens, etc.

Enjoy sucking and thinking you're good. Priceless to watch.

[/QUOTE]

what the hell does Ozzie Newsome going to the hospital have to do with any of this?

except a d**k like you probbaly thinks that's funny or something to crow about as a fan

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I  think we learned that the Giants are fighting to join the Jets in Mediocrity. Only 2 games to go for the Gints. The Jets are already on a strong path to 8-8. Nothing reeks of irrelevance like mediocrity... with one exception the route the Jets have decided to take is somewhat entertaining.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We learned that the 49ers got hosed; three point spread favoring the Saints prior to the game, the 49ers essentially finished the game with a text book, chest high, no helmet involved, no touching of the head (don't let espn tell you otherwise, watch the replay), bear hug sack/turnover that would have ended it... baloney flag, insulting to our intelligence, insulting to the game of football. 

Saints cover the spread... just coincidence I guess?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I  think we learned that the Giants are fighting to join the Jets in Mediocrity. Only 2 games to go for the Gints. The Jets are already on a strong path to 8-8. Nothing reeks of irrelevance like mediocrity... with one exception the route the Jets have decided to take is somewhat entertaining.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Nothing like two mediocre NY teams to join their mediocre city and sports teams.  Priceless.

Jets get an angry Balitmore club next week in Baltimore.  They might lose to Cleveland and Miami, too. Funny stuff for that 3-7 club thinking they are playoff worthy.

Carolina should slaughter them.

7-9, maybe 8-8.

Regardless, no wild card for Jetsies.

[/QUOTE]

As much as I would like to agree i think it comes down to the battle of the mediocres when the jet's and  miami play for the title of the best of the average teams with the winner most likely going to Cincy for a WC game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

didnt we also learn that the SB goes thru Denver?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They beat the overrated Chiefs by 10 at home. Whoopee. We'll see next week if Denver is really the best in the AFC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I missed it they beat the pat's and KC again?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They beat the overrated Chiefs by 10 at home. Whoopee. We'll see next week if Denver is really the best in the AFC.

[/QUOTE]

The Chiefs offense couldn't punch itself out of a paper bag.  Even though Smith didn't "lose" the game, he couldn't direct that offense to win the game, either.  If the Chiefs D gives up too many points or doesn't provide points of their own, the Chiefs O is not sufficient to bail their own D out.

Now, the Patriots, a totally different story, both sides of the ball are decent, putting it mildly.