Solder at guard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Solder at guard?

One thing worth considering, if he DOES see regular season reps at RG, that mean Vollmer and Solder will be side-by-side. And thent the though of lining up Gronk next to them. And theeeeeeeeen, running Woodhead to that side...

I can imagine Woodhead sweeping outside, seeing daylight...and taking it going straight through Vollmer's legs as he speeds downfield, the D still fighting to get into the backfield, completely unaware the little guy has sped past them amongst the three human mountains.

Polian will then go back to his competition committee, and they will require Woodhead to attach one of those orange flags on a ten foot pole to his helmet so defenders have some idea where he is behind the line of scrimmage.

I like that Vollmer's taking reps at guard, I don't see a single negative about it. ANd, yes, BB has always valued versatility in SOME of his olineman, something lacking with Mankins, Light and Koppen. Vollmer has played in and out, not sure about Connoly, but they could use a second guy with some high end skill that can play in and outside.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Solder at guard?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe he isn't turning out to be the super duper draft pick the fans have cracked him up to be.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he's turning out to be even better--he can play two positions not just one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Solder at guard?:
    [QUOTE]One thing worth considering, if he DOES see regular season reps at RG, that mean Vollmer and Solder will be side-by-side. And thent the though of lining up Gronk next to them. And theeeeeeeeen, running Woodhead to that side... I can imagine Woodhead sweeping outside, seeing daylight...and taking it going straight through Vollmer's legs as he speeds downfield, the D still fighting to get into the backfield, completely unaware the little guy has sped past them amongst the three human mountains. Polian will then go back to his competition committee, and they will require Woodhead to attach one of those orange flags on a ten foot pole to his helmet so defenders have some idea where he is behind the line of scrimmage. I like that Vollmer's taking reps at guard, I don't see a single negative about it. ANd, yes, BB has always valued versatility in SOME of his olineman, something lacking with Mankins, Light and Koppen. Vollmer has played in and out, not sure about Connoly, but they could use a second guy with some high end skill that can play in and outside.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Barry Sanders' height was cited as adding to the difficulty of finding him in the backfield.  It would be intriguing to watch the Pats run to that side of the field with two road graters, especially if you then trapped/pulled Mankins over there too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Cant happen, how will brady see over the right side of the line with both Vollmer and Solder over there?