Some Thoughts (Sopoaga)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Re: Some Thoughts (Sopoaga)

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Yes Complimentary is the word.

Plattooning between Jones on pass/1rst down and Sopaoaga on obvous run situations is almost like having Vince in there..

Except for taking 2 rosters spots where Vince used to take one  I think it is a wash with these balancing traits:

Less pocket collapse

Less range on running plays

Better sack potential (from Jones)

The opposing offensive line has to switch gears more.

Mostly I consider Sopaoaga the same category as Vince but not quite as good in every department and Jones although much less of a plug than Vince, has better mobility and quickness than Vince (although we all know fo a bigman Vince is amazingly mobile).

All in all as long as the other team does not do a no huddle to keep the wrong situational player on the field then this will work out just fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

he is an older, healthier Kyle Love

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, he's not, troll.  He's clearly a much better technician than Love. Sopoanga has success as a 3-4 NT and is easily as good or petter than Love in the 4-3 DT role.

Leave it to you to try to sell the board on the idea that an UDFA who lost weight, is unemployed, regressed, did not play the 3-4 NT well with technique, is somehow on the same level as this guy we just picked up.

The fact is, BB just added a guy with 3-4 NT experience, which frees up guys like a Vellano who can play DE along with Tommy Kelly (3-4 experience in Oakland in 2005 and 2006).

This is the stuff (versatility) that BB looks for.  

What's I've seen from Vellano so far has been superior to what Love showed here. First, Vellano has looked pretty good in the 3-4 when Love never did. Second, Vellano is a better penetrator than what Love provided. Love was a steady player, but anyone can look better than they appear next to Vince.

Vellano and Jones are ROOKIES without Vince.

[/QUOTE]

I didnt mean today...he is Kyle Love from 2011. Both play the 2 gap very well, both do not play 1 gap well at all. both will get zero penetration/pressure, but hold up well against the run. if he has anything left in the tank, he is a good alternative to Vellano/Jones. the word out of Philly was did he have anything left at 32 years old?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dare we say more talented? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

an older, healthier, extremely more talented Kyle Love.

A poor-man's VW.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dare we say more talented? 

[/QUOTE]

Took the words right out of my mouth...!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Mike (Beantown)

Love the insight Mike, and while I know you're going to touch on it in your opening words (which I love btw) what can you tell us about Sopoaga? Also, speaking of the Dline, when do you think Kelly plays, is Armstead doing anything right now? and is Talib playing this week lol. Sorry for the barrage of questions!

Mike   (11:03 AM)

Thanks Mike. Great day in Boston. On Sopoaga, he's like a more experienced Kyle Love, with a better skill level. I watched the first quarter of last week's Eagles-Giants game just to get a feel for him. He's a hold-the-point nose tackle whose job will be done if he can occupy blockers and keep the LBs free to make plays. He should help the Patriots. I don't buy some of the stuff that I've read in Philly that he has nothing left. Not based on what I saw. ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, he's not, troll.  He's clearly a much better technician than Love. Sopoanga has success as a 3-4 NT and is easily as good or petter than Love in the 4-3 DT role.

Leave it to you to try to sell the board on the idea that an UDFA who lost weight, is unemployed, regressed, did not play the 3-4 NT well with technique, is somehow on the same level as this guy we just picked up.

The fact is, BB just added a guy with 3-4 NT experience, which frees up guys like a Vellano who can play DE along with Tommy Kelly (3-4 experience in Oakland in 2005 and 2006).

This is the stuff (versatility) that BB looks for.  

What's I've seen from Vellano so far has been superior to what Love showed here. First, Vellano has looked pretty good in the 3-4 when Love never did. Second, Vellano is a better penetrator than what Love provided. Love was a steady player, but anyone can look better than they appear next to Vince.

Vellano and Jones are ROOKIES without Vince.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you hear? rkarp has sources.  HAHA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

why would the eagles give this guy up for so little if he is any good- to move up ten spots in a late round-  it doesnt add up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

why would the eagles give this guy up for so little if he is any good- to move up ten spots in a late round-  it doesnt add up

They have a younger, cheaper guy they drafted this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]Mike (Beantown)

Love the insight Mike, and while I know you're going to touch on it in your opening words (which I love btw) what can you tell us about Sopoaga? Also, speaking of the Dline, when do you think Kelly plays, is Armstead doing anything right now? and is Talib playing this week lol. Sorry for the barrage of questions!

Mike   (11:03 AM)

Thanks Mike. Great day in Boston. On Sopoaga, he's like a more experienced Kyle Love, with a better skill level. I watched the first quarter of last week's Eagles-Giants game just to get a feel for him. He's a hold-the-point nose tackle whose job will be done if he can occupy blockers and keep the LBs free to make plays. He should help the Patriots. I don't buy some of the stuff that I've read in Philly that he has nothing left. Not based on what I saw. ...

[/QUOTE]

So, RKrap read Reiss and then came here to give us a portion of what Reiss is regurgitating from scouts. lmao

RKrap exposed.

RKrap left out the "more experienced and more talent" part.

[/QUOTE]

But the Reiss info was from todays insider chat, which you are too cheap to subscribe. If I got the info from Reiss chat TODAY how did I post on BDC YESTERDAY;

1. Re: done deal for Eagles NT

posted at 10/29/2013 4:09 PM EDT

• rkarp
      • First: 1/29/2008
      • Last: 10/31/2013

Sal Pal says he is a bigger, stronger and healthier Kyle Love..Will most likely step into a starting spot withy Vellano rotating in as the 3rd guy....I have to assume either Armstead is simply not going to play this year, or is down to 260-270 lbs..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

^

harvey bludgeoned yet again!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

^

harvey bludgeoned yet again!

[/QUOTE]