Some thoughts....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

Some thoughts....

taken out of context, i found this game to be somewhat of a disappointment.  however, viewed from the perspective of this being the first phase of a progression thru the teams' strengths and weakness', i can see what BB might have been doing here.

ok, great, so we can pass the ball all over the field from an essentially run and shoot formation in a preseason game against vanilla defense's run by 1st and 2nd stringers, against our first.  we already know the patriots can do that.  we already set all the regular season records with this kind of offensive philosophy.  and it ultimately didnn't work.  why?  because we didn't heed the warning signs late in the 07 season when teams began heavily blitzing and or pressuring brady, and laying an unacceptable number of hits on him and we ultimately ran into a team that was just not going to let us win that way, and we had no answer for that.  have we learned nothing from that loss?  it is obvious to me that the only way to effectively nuetralize an effective pass rush is with an effective run game, which can wear down any defensive front until the options down field open up.  i thought this year with the aquisitions of alex smix and chris baker (who was impressive receiving the ball) we could anticipate beefier formations and a more hard nosed, balanced offense.  we certainly didn't see that against the eagles.
    i wanna know what kind of game we can play when moss dissapears in the playoffs.  the patriot teams of the early 00's won championships primarily because they could come into any game against any team and play exactly how they needed to that day to beat you.  will this coaching staff prepare the team for any type of cahllenge, games when brady doesn't have an hour in the pocket to wait for moss to get open deep. will we address this crucial area...

however, it could very well be that the coaching staff wanted to air things out right away in order to gage brady's recovery, and work on that particular style of offense in his first game back.  it may be that the wr position, being after moss and welker a very tight race, is one the coaches wanted to immediately evaluate at full throttle to settle that position out.  perhaps as the pre season progress' we BB and staff will work harder on the running game as a potentially equally dominating, qb injury saving, defense resting, and clock killing force of domination as the full out aerial assault.

i certainly hope the second scenario is on point.  i would otherwise be surprised at how brazenly this team just blindly emulates the pass first mentality of the 07 squadron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Re: Some thoughts....

In Response to Some thoughts....:
    [QUOTE]we didn't heed the warning signs late in the 07 season when teams began heavily blitzing and or pressuring brady, and laying an unacceptable number of hits on him and we ultimately ran into a team that was just not going to let us win that way, and we had no answer for that.  have we learned nothing from that loss?  
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

You must have not seen Brady open in a shotgun max protect with 2 TE/2 WR set, with H-back and RB. We will see more of that and some new protections come December.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

I think it was just to get Brady over the mental hurdle of a live pass rush coming at him, which I think he is now over. I expect Tom to play much less the rest of the preseason and to see much more running from here on out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jduval20. Show jduval20's posts

Am I the only one who thought our defense looked terrible?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Preseason games mean NOTHING!  I was curious: were Welker and Galloway playing?  I notice the only WR TB completed a pass to was Moss...