[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I said this in a couple of other threads:

In all the time Welker played with the Pats, did you ever see him launch himself at a defensive back like that?  I don't recall ever seeing it but I may be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

No. It also is Off PI when the ball is in the air. When you impede a defender, it's PI and called all the time except when it's our team.

[/QUOTE]

The only way you can even tell if Welker and Talib hit before Thomas touches the ball is if you use super slow motion and pause each frame.  At regular speed it happens too fast to even tell.  Stop trying to shove your agenda down our throats. 

[/QUOTE]

That doesn't matter. Welker changedd direction to impede, so when he does that, that's the Off PI.  So, even before contact, it's already Off PI.  Nice try or learn the rules. You have to at least make it appear like you're running a route vs going like a bat out of hell and throwing yourself like a missle as if you're blocking for a runner.

People don't like disingenous people like yourself. It was clear Off PI.

[/QUOTE]

Talib also changed direction and went inside.  He started to go outside to go around Arrington but then chose to go inside to Welker.  You gotta watch the play live again.  Arrington was picking up Thomas, had Welker got outside there was nobody there, he would have been wide open for a big gain.  Collins got to Manning on a blitz so Manning dumped it off to Thomas.  Thomas was a bit surprised the ball was there, that's why he dropped it.  Watch the play again, not the little gif floating around, and stop acting like you know it all.  Clearly you don't know jack s#it.  Don't you dvr the games, boy? So you can go back and watch stuff like this?  LMAO!  You are a fraud!

[/QUOTE]

You're an absolute moron, obviously.

Talib is FOLLOWING his man in MAN COVERAGE which is well within his rights.

Welker cuts back last minute and impedes.

Do not try to change the facts, Welkie Lover. God, you are a pathetic human being.  You just play contrarian to troll and defend men you want to sleep with after football games.

The boar is thrilled that you want Welkie in bed. The board does not care about that here. Go somewhere else and share your sentiments. Maybe there is a pop culture board you can visit and talk about that kind of thing. lol

[/QUOTE]

Haha, keep trying to push your agenda, boy!  The fact that the last time you watched the whole play was at the bar the night of the game, cross eyed.  Do you even remember the play or are you going off what you watched from the internet gif's floating around?  You are are a fraud!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Somehow I believe Heath Evans

funny how the poster child of football made it to the SB..huh?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

You guys are missing the bigger picture. I don't care if Wes was trying to injure Talib or not. Hard to prove intent as only Wes knows the answer to that one. What I do care about is the perception that BB was off his rocker claiming it was the worse hit and how all the media jumped on him for saying so. I believe his comments were more about the route that Wes ran and how he under sold that route. I would love to see video of him as a pat and running the rub play just like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

What a weak comeback. Pathetic. Looks I really got you on my last comment. bawhah

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sure you did.  LMAO!

Do you own a DVR?  Did you happen to dvr the game? 

BTW, remember you telling me and everyone here how much better Amendola was going to be then Welker?  Bwahahaha!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont see WHY anyone needed Heath to comfirm what their eyes saw. Ive watched Wes play here for 6 years and run pic plays over and over and Ive never seen anyone hurt in the process. Also, he changed his direction, lined up Talib and put his shoulder into him. Most times you are just trying to make him change direction. Wes delivered a SHO T! No way around it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I didn't realize this was even an on going debate. The broncos reinvented the rub route this year leading the league in such plays. It was obvious WW was picking him and did so as hard as he could.

I don't think WW intentionally tried to injure the guy but their is no doubt he wanted to take him out of that particular play. WW playing with the heart and effort he always did, played that play as hard as he could and took Talib the soft hearted right out of the game....again.

[/QUOTE]

I actually think it was in their gameplan to take a shot at Talib when they could, on those plays.

Absolutely. That's why Wes did it so deliberately.  Now, I don't buy he hoped to hurt Talib, but everyone knows Talib has an iffy hip flexxor issue and Wes throws himself right at that area in the air.

The psychos denying this are completely sick. I guess it's really just TFB12 at this point, showcasing his Welkie lust.

[/QUOTE]

I don't really care if it was intentional or not. Welker is not a big guy and Talib went down like George Foreman whacked him.

It speaks to the issue of Talib and 3 prior hip injuries, it don't take much to get him outta sorts. Well, if your hip ain't right you picked the wrong way to make a living.

Talib is a huge risk for further hip issues and for the kind of money he will command....major risk. How many NFL and NHL players have you seen leave the game early due to bad hips....quite a few.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont see WHY anyone needed Heath to comfirm what their eyes saw. Ive watched Wes play here for 6 years and run pic plays over and over and Ive never seen anyone hurt in the process. Also, he changed his direction, lined up Talib and put his shoulder into him. Most times you are just trying to make him change direction. Wes delivered a SHO T! No way around it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I didn't realize this was even an on going debate. The broncos reinvented the rub route this year leading the league in such plays. It was obvious WW was picking him and did so as hard as he could.

I don't think WW intentionally tried to injure the guy but their is no doubt he wanted to take him out of that particular play. WW playing with the heart and effort he always did, played that play as hard as he could and took Talib the soft hearted right out of the game....again.

[/QUOTE]

I actually think it was in their gameplan to take a shot at Talib when they could, on those plays.

Absolutely. That's why Wes did it so deliberately.  Now, I don't buy he hoped to hurt Talib, but everyone knows Talib has an iffy hip flexxor issue and Wes throws himself right at that area in the air.

The psychos denying this are completely sick. I guess it's really just TFB12 at this point, showcasing his Welkie lust.

[/QUOTE]

I don't really care if it was intentional or not. Welker is not a big guy and Talib went down like George Foreman whacked him.

It speaks to the issue of Talib and 3 prior hip injuries, it don't take much to get him outta sorts. Well, if your hip ain't right you picked the wrong way to make a living.

Talib is a huge risk for further hip issues and for the kind of money he will command....major risk. How many NFL and NHL players have you seen leave the game early due to bad hips....quite a few.

[/QUOTE]

I am not disagreeing, but the whole world knew he re-aggravated the hip flexor vs NOs, missed some games, etc, but it was still there.

Welker hit him perfectly.

I actually thought the Bye week before Indy gave him much needed rest because he looked great/fresh.

The hit was definitely intentional and pre-meditated.  

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but the Pats need to be very cautious...Seattle is in deep do-do over the same concept...signing damaged goods. Harvin becomes the highest paid player on Seattle in 2014 and still carries close to a 10 million CAP hit even if they cut him....ALL THIS FOR 1 F FREAKING CATCH....ONE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The NFL's overeaction to spygate has created a monster. The national hatred of the PAts costing the pats many calls and now over and over announcers are not even calling plays right or speaking out.

The NFL needs to at least write a formal apology to the PAtriots organization for being overzealous and using the PAtriots as an example to stop a behavoir every franchise was doing.

If not , and I was coach I would get the nastiest group of players since the 1980 Oakland Raiders..no, nastier, and wreak havok on the league. Nothing to lose is the motto.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't need anyone to tell me what is or isn't a clean hit, without a second thought the hit was intentional and the thing that makes me so sure is the change in direction and points of impact, WW hit Talib with his shoulder pads in his left side and he never looked up for a ball, but hte hit that took out Talib's knee was secondary, when going to the ground WW whips Talib's left leg just below the knee! Believe what you will and maybe some day down the road WW will own what he did, he knows we knew immediately that's why he was way into denial in the interview immediately after the game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Obviously a weird play that started as a pick and went horribly wrong.

What pissed me off are the Welker apologists saying how he didn't intend to hurt talib.

Like...irrelevant.

It started as a pick. . Fact.

He's old and clumsey.  . Fact.

Collision occurred..  Fact.

Flagrant penalty end of fu'king discussion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

We did not have a chance in that game after Talib went down. I think Welker is a real punk. Injuring players on purpose. Dropping important catches in playoff games. Negotiating contracts like a jerk.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

when i saw it in live action I knew it was a blatant cheap shot.

Welker made no attempt to look for the ball or make a play for the ball. He worked his way right into Talib. Talib, the defensive player, was playing his man and was looking at Thomas the whole way.

He didn't see the rat, the rat saw him. End off! One guy had a chance to avoid the other, the other guy was just following his man. The annoucers said that Thomas told them that Talib had gotten to him in the regular season game and it was showing. Thomas only had 1 catch when Talib was guarding him and that was because McCourty let it happen. The Broncos saw that, they wanted Talib to back off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

everytime i read tfb12s comments, subjectively, i feel like im reading a comment from a jets troll. it literally feels that way he tries to rub in the loss and rusty just keeps fighting for the pats he does it for the team.

down with tfb12

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

everytime i read tfb12s comments, subjectively, i feel like im reading a comment from a jets troll. it literally feels that way he tries to rub in the loss and rusty just keeps fighting for the pats he does it for the team.

down with tfb12

[/QUOTE]

Kinda strange isn't it?  Mt Hurl does it as well. Pezzy and Babe are others. It's why they align with Bustchise. They come off like Jets trolls almost reveling in the idea that the team didn't get to the SB again. It's like they're happy Brady keeps playing in mediocre fashion letting the team down.

The one time he could have been that leader to help the D, he still can't show it.

All of them also ignore the QB of this team and his play, simultaneously.  

Real fans are disappointed and wonder if Brady will ever snap out of it, but they try to sweep his play under the rug again.

[/QUOTE]

All of them and BB also. Belichick must agree with Mt Hurl, Pezzy etc.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I am not much of a Peyton fan but I do recall before his neck problems and he missed a year he pretty much had a complete turnover of his receiving corps and the colts did not miss a beat on offense. I don't know if it was because he worked extensvlly with his new guys or the plays were easier to execute. Either way we have to make it work with these young receivers because with the cap you just can't go out and aquire the talent you have to develop it. I have a sense that the CB's in the NFL know that Brady is hesitant in throwing sideline balls especially deep so they cheat towards the middle which makes it easier for them to defend. Until they respect his sideline throws again we are going to struggle.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I said this in a couple of other threads:

In all the time Welker played with the Pats, did you ever see him launch himself at a defensive back like that?  I don't recall ever seeing it but I may be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

No. It also is Off PI when the ball is in the air. When you impede a defender, it's PI and called all the time except when it's our team.

[/QUOTE]

The only way you can even tell if Welker and Talib hit before Thomas touches the ball is if you use super slow motion and pause each frame.  At regular speed it happens too fast to even tell.  Stop trying to shove your agenda down our throats. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. They both tried to get inside. Wes tried harder. Thats foot ball. Wes played here forever. He is not a dirty player, never has been. He did not try hurt Talib. I dont care if you are an ex player, current player, coach or film expert. it is impossible to look at any angle of that tape and definitively say there was intent.

Heath is an entertainer, and is entertaining Pats fans.  

[/QUOTE]

I hate say this but when I watch that play Welker had zero intention of being a receiver on that play.  He had his head down to block low very early on during the process with no intention of avoiding the hit.

IMO I beleive it was his intention to take Talib out of the game knowing the impact it would have on our defensive plan.....helll he saw first hand what it did to our defense last year in the Ravens AFC championship game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I believe that it was intentional, in all the years that BB has spoken to the press hehas never called out a player. His usual response is That's a league decision.. I do think that hit was just too much for the Patriots to overcome.