Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.

In Response to Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.:
    [QUOTE]If you want to come back to reality go watch some senior bowl footage.  He makes a lot of poor decisions.  Tebow has a minimum of 2 years ridiing the pine from what I see.  Is that worth a high pick?  The thing is Tebow is a great interview.  Everybody loves the kid.  He makes it so hard not to like him.  But I think the senior bowl says it all on how far this kid has to go and least of it is his delivery.  The other thing that hurts Tebow is the deep draft.  He could slide easily into the 3rd round which is where I think he'll go.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Tebow has all the "intangibles" that are worth so much to an NFL team. Work, ethic, all-american kid, smart, committed, etc. Sure, he made some poor decisions in college. What player hasn't? But, I think he's also shown steady progress in his college career and is seen as very coachable.

Given that BB is so into looking to the future ( just look at all the draft picks he trades for next year's choices), I think he's going to go for Tebow. I expect he's got a plan based on Tebow falling to some specific point in the draft, he'll snap him up. I just hope he manages something that doesn't cost us one of our first four picks this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

as long as he has 2-3 years to develop he will be ok

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.:
    [QUOTE]all offseason i have been preaching (no pun intended) against Tim Tebow to the Pats.  Suddenly, i want him.  And what's worse, i want him to be the starter in 2-3 years (he'll be 24-25 years old).  i've done a complete 180... i think i've gone mad, but i want it.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

I'm coming around to it too, but not for the reasons you are.  To me, it's about value.  If they can grab him in the second round, develop him and then flip him in two years for a first (or more), I'm all about it.  Worst case Brady gets hurt, maybe he can play.  Best case he can play and they auction him off to the highest bidder.  Not a bad gamble.  I still think he goes in the first round though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face. : How many posts do I need to reach "major player" status?  I'm hurt, I'm going to pick a fight with a someone on here so I can get my name out.  Tebow plays like Steve Young, The Steve young with too many concussions. Tebow has the intangibles to be a star, and anyone that disagrees doesn't know crap about football.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

My bad man.  I didn't really want to think - happens frequently to me.  Upon further review, most of the regulars haven't weighed in on Tebow (EWhite, P-Mike, UD).  He's not as interesting as cereal, apparently.

Oh, and this: 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.:
    [QUOTE]all offseason i have been preaching (no pun intended) against Tim Tebow to the Pats.  Suddenly, i want him.  And what's worse, i want him to be the starter in 2-3 years (he'll be 24-25 years old).  i've done a complete 180... i think i've gone mad, but i want it.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

If he can play D and is there in the 6th or 7th round...sure, I would take a flier on him too....I wouldn't expect to see him play QB until 2018+

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I feel that it's important for me to note, that I just came onto this thread because I really feel the need right at this moment to punch someone in the face...I trully do, I'm not lying here.  Originally, It didn't matter who was asking, because I would have done it anyways.  But see, I've never really had a problem with Fowler, so it's of critical worth for me to state, That Yes-I'd still be able to punch anyone in the face IF they wanted me to, but that I might not fully enjoy it...But then I read the first post regarding the topic, so I'm thinking now that I very well might.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face. : My bad man.  I didn't really want to think - happens frequently to me.  Upon further review, most of the regulars haven't weighed in on Tebow (EWhite, P-Mike, UD).  He's not as interesting as cereal, apparently. Oh, and this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILvkEHQPHHg&playnext_from=TL&videos=ffFa6lzjAvE
    Posted by NickC1188

That's pretty true actually because even if you do like Tebow there isn't much sex appeal involved in drafting a backup QB which makes Cap'n Crunch quite a bit more interesting especially if there are Crunch Berries involved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Gruden thinks tebow is a 1st round pick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

If you want to draft him he might be worth a 3rd round pick but we currently do not have one but lets say we get one then I think that is the range that makes sense to me. But to spend a pick in the first two rounds on him I think would be really really crazy, dumb, ill advised, ludicrous, wacky.... ok you get my point.  The Patriots have too many holes that need filling and the picks they own in rounds 1 and 2 are all positioned in the area of players receiving first round grades.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

okay... heres the deal.  i was lying.  I just wanted to see everyones reaction to this post.  sorry i want no part of timmy.  haha good news Laz, you dont have punch me in the face after all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

okay... heres the deal.  i was lying.  I just wanted to see everyones reaction to this post.  sorry i want no part of timmy.  haha good news Laz, you dont have punch me in the face after all.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

He might just for making him want to.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face. : He couldn't play QB in college?   
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

not really, he got the job done, never did anything special on his own, if he was at Duke or somthing he would have done wuch worse, i was on the TT side, now i want Colt McCoy, theres a reason why he has the most wins as a QB in NCAA, hes the best there is...

END OF STORY

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face. : not really, he got the job done, never did anything special on his own, if he was at Duke or somthing he would have done wuch worse, i was on the TT side, now i want Colt McCoy, theres a reason why he has the most wins as a QB in NCAA, hes the best there is... END OF STORY
    Posted by TateGroup

mccoy would be a huge waste.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Tebow starting in the next 3 years? where do you get your weed from bro? Cause I might just need to switch to your brand.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

first, i didnt mean anything i said in my OP. i was just try to get a handle of the responses.  call it an experiment.  second, haha i've never heard of different types of weed referred to as "brands"... nice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Perchance, your real name isn't Channing Crowder, is it?  Just a guess.

I continue to think that Wonderlic Tim will make a medium good H-back someday.  If 32 Jerry Joneses all leave him available in the fourth round, BB should give him a shot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face. : not really, he got the job done, never did anything special on his own, if he was at Duke or somthing he would have done wuch worse, i was on the TT side, now i want Colt McCoy, theres a reason why he has the most wins as a QB in NCAA, hes the best there is... END OF STORY
    Posted by TateGroup

You're entitled to your opinion, but I find this statement ridiculous.  Not only was he a winner, champion and leader, but he was one of the most prolific offensive players (12,232 Total Yards and 145 Total TD's) in the history of college football and he did it in the SEC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I agree with some third round sentament if he is still there but i'm not going crazy over him. I do think he is a nice kid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's funny, I think if he didn't win a national championship and a Heisman then everyone would say he's a solid 3rd or 4th round QB with alot of upside.  But since he's so hyped up he has polarized most people into saying he's either a

1st or 2nd round talent who might be great or

a 7th rounder with no talent who will never make it in the NFL.

IMO the Pats don't need a QB, even if Peyton Manning were in the draft I wouldn't pick him.  But Tebow can't be that bad can he?  He was a successful QB on a big time college team, he's atleast got a fair chance of making it in the NFL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think if he didn't win a Heisman trophy or a national championship people would be talking about him like a later round pick. What makes Tebow a good prospect? He's a good guy and a good leader, but I think he's sorely lacking in passing skills. In other words, he doesn't throw a football well compared to NFL qbs or the top prospects in this years draft. He's not accurate and has a slow release, which makes me worry that he'd be awful in the NFL.

He's not Michael Vick either in terms of his movement skills. He's not even Pat White (all time leader rusher as a QB in the NCAA's), who did very little last year with Miami. 

It's funny, I think if he didn't win a national championship and a Heisman then everyone would say he's a solid 3rd or 4th round QB with alot of upside.  But since he's so hyped up he has polarized most people into saying he's either a 1st or 2nd round talent who might be great or a 7th rounder with no talent who will never make it in the NFL. IMO the Pats don't need a QB, even if Peyton Manning were in the draft I wouldn't pick him.  But Tebow can't be that bad can he?  He was a successful QB on a big time college team, he's atleast got a fair chance of making it in the NFL.
    Posted by shenanigan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I mean, a current FLA receiver is looking forward to having a 'real QB' this year. What does that tell you? Even if that FLA receiver was an idiot, it doesn't take away from the fact that Tebow just doesn't seem to have good natural passing skills.

And there is a huge difference between college stats and passing skills. Kliff Kingsbury had great #'s at Texas Tech but only survived a few weeks in Pats camp. Why? He was in an offense that made his job easy. I would argue that's very similar to Meyer's offense. Alex Smith sure did work out well...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

i will punch patriots nation in the face twice if we draft this kid to be a QB, if we draft him in the third (in the event we acquire a third) and we groom him to be a HB/FB/TE/Slot WR hybrid a la Dalas clark only bigger, faster, better in the YAC catagory considering his body of work running the football out of the back field. i would be happy... if we draft him before the fourth to be a QB i will vomit

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face. : He couldn't play QB in college?   
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Same thing I was thinking.  Im pretty sure I seen him play for Florida the last few years and if my memory serves me right he won a heisman and lead Florida to the National Championship.  And I think he was playing quarterback at the time!!  =)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Really tagandtrade? Really? Tebow's a bigger and faster Dallas Clark? Have you watched Tebow run? He has fullback speed. Watch the Senior bowl clips and look how many people he runs away from. 0. Please watch how elusive he looks in the game. The defense has no issues tracking Tebow down, and that's a college all-star D. Not an NFL D.

I guess Tebow fans will counter that he'll also learn how to run and become NFL elusive because he's such a great guy. Don't let his actual ability get in the way of your Tebow projections.

Tebow a slot WR? HAAAA. Good one.

As I write this I'm starting to think your post was sarcastic. I really hope it was.

i will punch patriots nation in the face twice if we draft this kid to be a QB, if we draft him in the third (in the event we acquire a third) and we groom him to be a HB/FB/TE/Slot WR hybrid a la Dalas clark only bigger, faster, better in the YAC catagory considering his body of work running the football out of the back field. i would be happy... if we draft him before the fourth to be a QB i will vomit
    Posted by tagandtrade

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Belichick did say he would play NT if asked, so maybe he could fill that role if Wilfork needs a breather. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

"Item 9 is the bee's knees."