Sometimes we forget this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Sometimes we forget this...

Watching the SI cd's of each of the Patriot's Super Bowl wins this week I was reminded how much the running game mattered, really mattered in those 3 SB seasons. Antowain Smith for the season and into the playoffs was a tough runner, and tough inside the 20. The first SB ring he had a strong hand in. And the second ring he was OK during the regular season but played very strong thru the playoffs. And Corey Dillion, was HUGE for us with 1600+ yards and without a doubt was largely responsible for ring number 3.  Watching his highlights it's easy to say he was the Man...period.

Watching these cds I was thinking how nice it would be to be able to run the ball like that again......

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Sometimes we forget this...

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Watching the SI cd's of each of the Patriot's Super Bowl wins this week I was reminded how much the running game mattered, really mattered in those 3 SB seasons. Antowain Smith for the season and into the playoffs was a tough runner, and tough inside the 20. The first SB ring he had a strong hand in. And the second ring he was OK during the regular season but played very strong thru the playoffs. And Corey Dillion, was HUGE for us with 1600+ yards and without a doubt was largely responsible for ring number 3.  Watching his highlights it's easy to say he was the Man...period.

Watching these cds I was thinking how nice it would be to be able to run the ball like that again......

LOL

"We"? I have been banned from here pretty much pining and begging for it for years. We've had excuse after excuse as to why we are scared to commit to it, but we used to commit to it before when Weis was here.

I haven't forgotten it. I know it's why we lost the last 2 SBs, and it wasn't because of the name on the jersey on the back at the RB position either.  If our O Line isn't asked or told what the gameplan will be, with regards to a commitment to it, where every week it's shotgun spread based gameplans, it's a lot to ask for an O Line to just flip a switch against better defenses, especially when we sub the RB.

We never subbed for Anotwain Smith or Dillon unless we weren't running it well and thought a shotgun spread or pass first kind of offense with Faulk would be a better move during a game.

"I prefer the shotgun." - T. Brady

And, before anyone attacks me, RKrap, just yesterday confirmed this fact with his "colleague" saying that it's true.

I don't know WHO, RKrap is talking about, but it's clearly somene who has some inside knowledge into organization. Might be Bruschi since Bruschi works at ESPN as well.

All that said, it's hard to ignore a 1500 yard rusher like Ridley, but the flaw in last year's playoff loss was subbing Woodhead or Vereen in so early in the game before the run really was established.   

In any game vs a known good or great D, I would not sub the lead back until a run game was established. I don't care if it takes into the early 3rd qtr to do it, just get it done.  Target all weaponry in the passing game when you pass, and establish a run.

It's hard to tell who will field a good or great D early in a season, so really by October, you should be able to tell which games on your schedule you'll need that running game to help you in second halves.

You've been banned for being a Richard, not for wishing we utilized the run game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

LOL

"We"? I have been banned from here pretty much pining and begging for it for years. We've had excuse after excuse as to why we are scared to commit to it, but we used to commit to it before when Weis was here.

I haven't forgotten it. I know it's why we lost the last 2 SBs, and it wasn't because of the name on the jersey on the back at the RB position either.  If our O Line isn't asked or told what the gameplan will be, with regards to a commitment to it, where every week it's shotgun spread based gameplans, it's a lot to ask for an O Line to just flip a switch against better defenses, especially when we sub the RB.

We never subbed for Anotwain Smith or Dillon unless we weren't running it well and thought a shotgun spread or pass first kind of offense with Faulk would be a better move during a game.

"I prefer the shotgun." - T. Brady

And, before anyone attacks me, RKrap, just yesterday confirmed this fact with his "colleague" saying that it's true.

I don't know WHO, RKrap is talking about, but it's clearly somene who has some inside knowledge into organization. Might be Bruschi since Bruschi works at ESPN as well.

All that said, it's hard to ignore a 1500 yard rusher like Ridley, but the flaw in last year's playoff loss was subbing Woodhead or Vereen in so early in the game before the run really was established.   

In any game vs a known good or great D, I would not sub the lead back until a run game was established. I don't care if it takes into the early 3rd qtr to do it, just get it done.  Target all weaponry in the passing game when you pass, and establish a run.

It's hard to tell who will field a good or great D early in a season, so really by October, you should be able to tell which games on your schedule you'll need that running game to help you in second halves.

You've been banned for being a Richard, not for wishing we utilized the run game.

In what way is that? From Gunty's point of view?  Ask AcheNot what I did wrong for my most recent banning. Me defending myself from ZBellino's trollish response and posting evidence that we do in fact use some West Coast plays which Brady thrives in, is worthy of a banning?

That makes me a Richard, huh? Some might see that as me defending my premise and doing so with success, where a troll like Gunty doesn't want me to be seen that way, so he runs and reports me, where I've done nothing wrong.

You're enabling a troll. How does that feel?

no no I report you for being a Richard

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I love how my response which is now quoted by our troll Gunty was removed. What in my response to True Champ is worthy of my posts being censored. Some mod has been following me around all day today.

your reputation

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rusty I've fought hard for a more balanced attack as much as you and haven't been banned (minus blaming Brady). All you have to do is stop attacking other posters and causing threads to derail. If you can have actual football conversations without attacks, calling everyone trolls, and stop derailing threads you would be a good poster and wouldn't be banned constently. Frankly, you have a huge rep for doing the above which might be why the mods have a hair trigger with you. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Dunno if there is any evidence that shows that RBBC is worse than or better than a sole back.

And, it's not merely just about running or "balance".....it was about moving the chains when needed, and running out the clock when needed.  A crucial factor is that they did so when they  had a defense that could make timely stops. The current Patriots still don't have it defensively and rely on the offense to win its games.

Maybe this year...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Some people here let their hatred for other posters blind them to facts...Fact is Cliff/Rusty HAS consistently hammered home the fact that the Pats need to be far more agressive in their O Line play to return to a real running game for a far more balanced attack, no longer utilizing the shotgun as the primary O formation, and return the abilty to the Pats to run when they have a lead, not be forced into a far more dangerous strategy of passing to keep a lead...just the way it is...

I don't know j, seems for a few years now when we absolutely need a 2 or 3 yard run early in a game it gets stuffed which leads to BB abandoning the run late in the game (even though Rusty will tell everyone Brady is calling the plays).  Maybe our O-line has been better suited for pass blocking and maybe a re-tweaking there would be necessary to become a more run oriented Offence.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I don't know j, seems for a few years now when we absolutely need a 2 or 3 yard run early in a game it gets stuffed which leads to BB abandoning the run late in the game (even though Rusty will tell everyone Brady is calling the plays).  Maybe our O-line has been better suited for pass blocking and maybe a re-tweaking there would be necessary to become a more run oriented Offence.

BB doesn't call the plays. The OC does.  Last time with that one, TCal. Learn the game or don't make comments that aren't true.

Anyway, nice to see you type more than 5 words in a retort.  I knew you could do it.

BB is running the show.  If you somehow think he is detaching himself from any aspect of what's happening on either side of the ball then your truly naive or just simply being argumentative.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.