So...no one wants Wes, huh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: So...no one wants Wes, huh?

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to NOISE's comment:

Wes has an offer already in hand from pats.  He is going to see what's out there and they probably agreed to let pats know what it is.....then they'll go from there.  

Pats haven't offered him squat, the next offer will be Welker's first offer...from the Pats or any other. 

I really wishes he leaves! Welker is like that one girl who you've been dating for a while and you think you love, but she doesn't help you better yourself and she's always holding you back, but you can't see it because she's so hot. We'll never win a SB as long as Welker is here, mark my words. 

The offense is too soft, too small and there's no room for RBs to move so we're overly reliant on Brady. UGH!!! We're either going to field the exact same team as we did last year or get worst (if we lose out on Talib) because we have to pay 9 million to a SLOT WR WITH 4.7 speed! If it were Victor Cruz, I'd understand, he can turn a short pass into 6 and he keeps Safeties on their toes. But Wes Welker? Jeezus!

I get the frustration over the drop in the SB and in last years AFC championship game. But the guy is tremendous at what he does which is catch balls for first downs when no one else can. And he catches a ton. Over 100 every year. THat will eventually end but it didnt last year.

No, you can be upset over two plays. We all are. But you can't undervalue the guy. That is just thinking with your .... well, you know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

LMAO at nobody else wanting Welker.  You really think that?  Is that really how simple minded some of you are?  Just because he hasn't accepted a deal yet doesn't mean nobody wants him or nobody has offered him a deal. 

If I was to guess, which I'm going to do right now, and it's probably a pretty good guess, is that Welker wants to remain a Patriot but he isn't going to sign for chump change.  I bet he has received offers, probably pretty darn good offers, and he is wanting the Patriots to be a little more fair on their offer.  Based on the Patriots past they probably offered chump change and aren't going to budge.  So Welker has a delima... play for the cheap team and accept the chump change because he doesn't want to leave or accept some real money with another team.  

We will see shortly which way Welker decides to go.  We have seen this here a lot folk... Pats are not willing to spend the money to keep certain key guys here and then they end up signing less talented "project" players or failures in other systems just so they can get "value"!!  Hahahaha at Value!  Get some quality players and forget about these "Project" "Value" players.  Heck, team's are making big moves and BB is sitting on Krafts wallet!! Get off that damn wallet and pay some quality players!!

He'll be back, the Pats are the only team bidding on him. -_-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

49Patriots

So then you just keep fantazizing about some buxom hot blondes, thinking your life will change and improve after you hook up with that bimbo.

No, you dump her and find someone who you can start a family with (Get SB rings). 

Maybe then you have to do your looking not just in the unemployment office.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to Tydog's comment:

I wouldnt be surprised if Denver is in the running for Wes. I dont know who else would be interested  though

They got Stokley

Hahahaha, 45 receptions for 544 yards.  What a joke to even compare the two.  Wow, just Wow!!  And must of use smart guys have to deal with these type of comments on a daily basis around here. 

Denver's got real WRs in Decker/Thomas, that's why Stokley doesn't have as many catches/yards. 

Decker = 6'3 218

Thomas = 6'4 229

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

49Patriots

So then you just keep fantazizing about some buxom hot blondes, thinking your life will change and improve after you hook up with that bimbo.

No, you dump her and find someone who you can start a family with (Get SB rings). 

Are you considering FA the unemployment office? Cause I was think we go to a bar(draft) and we land some girls fresh out of college with something to prove. 

Tall, strong, fast ones. NOT TAVON AUSTIN!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

49Patriots

Are you considering FA the unemployment office? Cause I was think we go to a bar(draft) and we land some girls fresh out of college with something to prove. 

Classic tough guy jock. While you're bashing Austin and Welker, why don't you go pump some iron, play some lacrosse, and pick up some sorority girls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Denver's got real WRs in Decker/Thomas, that's why Stokley doesn't have as many catches/yards. 

Decker = 6'3 218

Thomas = 6'4 229

I bet if Welker went there he would have more impressive numbers then Stokley.  Might even see Thomas or Decker have even better seasons themselves with Welker getting more attention from the defense then a Stokley would and allowing them to get open a bit more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

49Patriots

Classic tough guy jock. While you're bashing Austin and Welker, why don't you go pump some iron, play some lacrosse, and pick up some sorority girls.

I'm not bashing either, I just hate watching teams man us up and our tiny WRs can't shake press coverage. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Cinncinnati ?  Mike Brown???    His wallet is tighter than BBs!

Plus does WW want to wear those stupid uniforms?  Ok maybe for 5 million guarranteed more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Why you slagging TFB? He's very respected here and if he worships Wes so fkn what. Stop be a board bully

Thanks, man!!  It doesnt bother me, I can tell who we are dealing with here on these boards when they make crazy claims, foolish posts, such as these.  They like to try and troll us but the bottom line is they just don't know much about football. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Decker = 6'3 218

Thomas = 6'4 229

I bet if Welker went there he would have more impressive numbers then Stokley.  Might even see Thomas or Decker have even better seasons themselves with Welker getting more attention from the defense then a Stokley would and allowing them to get open a bit more.

Obviously, Stokley hasn't even been a starter, and he's older than Wes. But Wes won't catch 100 balls in Denver, no way Peyton stops passing to Decker and Thomas so he can pass to Welker. -_-

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why you slagging TFB? He's very respected here and if he worships Wes so fkn what. Stop be a board bully

Thanks, man!!  It doesnt bother me, I can tell who we are dealing with here on these boards when they make crazy claims, foolish posts, such as these.  They like to try and troll us but the bottom line is they just don't know much about football. 

We've been here almost the same amount of years, you really think I'm not a Pats fan? Just because it bothers me watching our WRs get man handled and blanketed?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257750/report-talks-between-welker-pats-break-off

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Shocking, no one has offered Wes Welker a contract. No one even seems to be interested in the guy. 

Dolphins, Texans(Still possible, they cut Walter), Broncos, SF and all the other false teams have yet to give Welker a shout. 

9+ millions for a sub-5'10 slot WR with 4.7 speed...

Why don't the Pats just take a plane, fill it up with 9 million dollars in singles and fly it into the middle of the Atlantic, that woiuld be a much better use of that money.

If those teams want to commit that type of cap space to a talented, but aging receiver, they can have Wes. It's not that "No one wants Wes". It's that the Patsa can ill afford to commit that kind of cap space for a 32 year old slot receiver. The defense must be fixed. The Pats must return to being the physical "the Patriots", and not the old finesse Indianapolis Colts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Vladtheimpaler1's comment:

Good, bring in Ed Reed, Dashon Gholdson, Adrian Wilson or Michael Huff...

And drafr Da'Rick Rogers! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Shocking, no one has offered Wes Welker a contract. No one even seems to be interested in the guy. 

Dolphins, Texans(Still possible, they cut Walter), Broncos, SF and all the other false teams have yet to give Welker a shout. 

9+ millions for a sub-5'10 slot WR with 4.7 speed...

Why don't the Pats just take a plane, fill it up with 9 million dollars in singles and fly it into the middle of the Atlantic, that woiuld be a much better use of that money.

personally i hope the pats cheap out and someone good offers welker a good deal and he comes back to NE next year and goes oh lets say 14 160 2 tds and knocks pats out of the playoffs

but hey that's just me!  :  )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

We've been here almost the same amount of years, you really think I'm not a Pats fan? Just because it bothers me watching our WRs get man handled and blanketed?

Do you know that the Patriots play a manageable offensive football scheme?  That means they play for a manageable 3rd down and short.  Welker fits that type of offense like a glove.  Unless they change their offensive scheme then there is no better player to have then Wes Welker.  And as it looks now, they aren't changing.  They haven't brought in any top receivers to even make that change so tthey aren't changing.  The whole problem is Lloyd who can not take the top off the defense.  They need a mid to deep threat to spread the defense. It baffles me to think that they can plug someone in Welkers spot to do what he does and expect to be successful at the offense they run.  They got rid of Moss and haven't got a replacement yet!  How long has Moss been gone?   Same will happen with Welker if they let him go.  Now there will be two problem areas to fill, and seeing how they have never found a good replacement for Moss makes me question if they will be able to find a replacement for Welker.  TFB has to be going nuts right now with this.  Give the man some quality weapons so he doesn't have to continue to carry this team on his back year after year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Vladtheimpaler1's comment:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257750/report-talks-between-welker-pats-break-off

Good, bring in Ed Reed, Dashon Gholdson, Adrian Wilson or Michael Huff...

And drafr Da'Rick Rogers! 

They haven't made a move yet!  This reminds me of a couple years ago when they sat on their wallet and didn't make any big moves and then they brought in Haynsworth and Ocho.  Give me a break.  Make some moves.  Kepp your best players in FA and see if you can add a couple more to take you over the top.  They aren't doing either one at this point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Do you know that the Patriots play a manageable offensive football scheme?  That means they play for a manageable 3rd down and short.

McDaniels and BB are cooking up a new genius offensive scheme that will not field a WR after they failed to resign Welker and cut Llyod.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

McDaniels and BB are cooking up a new genius offensive scheme that will not field a WR after they failed to resign Welker and cut Llyod.

Nah, they are just waiting to sign Amendola and draft Ryan Swope and/or Cordarrelle Patterson :P

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

49Patriots

I'm not bashing either, I just hate watching teams man us up and our tiny WRs can't shake press coverage. 

You would fit right in with those who are strictly enamored with size and measurables  over performance.

2012 vs Ravens in playoffs

Wes Welker - 8 catches, 117 yards, 1 TD and a long of 35 yards

Eric Decker - 6 catches, 84 yards, 0 TD and a long of 32 yards

Demarius Thomas - 3 catches, 37 yards, 1 TD and  long of 17 yards

(...and Decker and Thomas had a whole overtime to work with and pad their stats as well)

So which ones got man'd up and shutdown exactly?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

2012 vs Ravens in playoffs

Wes Welker - 8 catches, 117 yards, 1 TD and a long of 35 yards

Eric Decker - 6 catches, 84 yards, 0 TD and a long of 32 yards

Demarius Thomas - 3 catches, 37 yards, 1 TD and  long of 17 yards

(...and Decker and Thomas had a whole overtime to work with and pad their stats as well)

So which ones got man'd up and shutdown exactly?

OWNAGE!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Welker has three pieces of baggage. 

First, his patented inside-outside route only works when he lines up as the inside slot receiver in three receiver sets.  If your offensive coordinator isn't committed to the three receiver set, you don't want him. 

Second, he needs an accurate and smart dink-and-dunk passer like, say, for example, Tom Brady.  If your bozo quarterback is going to lead Welker right into the helmet of a 250 pound linebacker then Wes isn't going to last more than four games.

Third, Wes takes dives all the time.  I think he's smart about it and the coaching staff here understands, but some coaches won't put up with sissy rules for Wes and football rules for everybody else on the team. 

That said, the Patriots just set the NFL all-time record for first downs in a season.  Around here the offense carries the defense on its back.  Wes has been averaging 120 catches a season over the past two seasons.