Sopoago

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sopoago

Have to say I am disappointed in that he was really needed, but hasnt stepped up. Injured? Couldn't get on the field today until the 4th. Playing behind 3 rookies. Word out of Philly was he was done, is he.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Sopoago

Silga is filling Sopoaga's role. Would rather not give up a draft-pick, but the run defense looked solid following the first two drives, and Silga was a large reason for that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I think Bill was going with who he felt would give us the best chance to win and Sopoago was the guy who was there to give the guys a breather.  He did nothing in his time so far to warrent any additional playing time IMO. 

I am very dissapointed as well in his play thus far and didn't like seeing him get tossed around on double teams last week.  If he isn't done, the bell is about to go off if he isn't injured.  Let's hope he is nursing an injury and will be better for the playoffs because we sure as heck will need all the help we can get on that line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I swear by the stuff.   One day I had to fix a little hole in some drywall and couldn't find my spackle.  I grabbed a tube of Sopoaga and it set in minutes.   Didn't even need to sand before painting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

2 snaps yesterday. Injured? 

Rusty, remember u said BB fleeced the Eagles with this trade in spite of many saying Soap is done? Any clues as to why he was invisible? Hurt? Poor play vs Denver? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, remember u said BB fleeced the Eagles with this trade in spite of many saying Soap is done? Any clues as to why he was invisible? Hurt? Poor play vs Denver? 

[/QUOTE]

We were in desperate need of a NT when BB acquired Sopaga. What posters here are missing is it did NOT cost us a draft pick, it only cost us about 20 slots in the draft. I think thats a gamble I take every time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said a word about "fleecing". I was happy a veteran who just played in a SB was available. I was starting threads about veteran big bodies from NFC teams for weeks prior looking for a veteran. Good pick up.

He had a nice game vs Carolina and does a nice job holding the point of attack as a 3-4 NT.

He might have gotten injured yesterday or BB wanted a different style player, maybe a more athletic player at the 4-3 yesterday, so he used those more athletic DTs.

Finally, BB does a lot of this stuff at the end of the year because he wants to see what he has. You idiots bring this stuff up every year and then BB is a Coach of the Year candidate every year.

Man, you're dumb.

[/QUOTE]

Another failed prediction/observation. You are a very limited football mind my friend. Quit while there is a shred of hope for you. Puberty may help.

been a bad few days for the old burger banger Harvey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We were in desperate need of a NT when BB acquired Sopaga. What posters here are missing is it did NOT cost us a draft pick, it only cost us about 20 slots in the draft. I think thats a gamble I take every time.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly correct.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly correct.

[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep that draft pick position change wasn't much it's more of the salary cap implications for next year. Though I was a big fan of it at the time as it seemed like he could have helped. So, imo I still would have done the trade, no hindsight in that one.