sounds like alex smith to kc is done.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

sounds like alex smith to kc is done.

this story plus the story from sf saying a deal is done for smith but cant be announced till league year begin 3/12, sounds like its as good aas done.

bad for me and pats, i want current qbs to stay in place and teams to draft rd 1 qbs pushing more players down to us.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: sounds like alex smith to kc is done.

In response to Godvernment's comment:

good move by KC now they can protect him by using the #1 pick on Luke Joeckel. re-sign bowe and add more pieces.

bad for us...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

ya I was hoping KC would draft a QB as well. One or two should still get drafted before 29, maybe in the 20's. We will be ok.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Shouldn't affect the Pats draft at all. Geno will be taken by the next QB needy team down the line (Jax most likely) and Joeckle who might have been taken by Jax anyways won't fall past #4. So, in the end you shuffled 2 maybe 3 players but the top 10 players will remain the same regardless and shouldn't hurt the Pats at all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

This years QB crop is not a good one.  Most in the draft business have said there's one not 1st round worthy but admit there will probably be a couple taken anyway.  The trouble is that they would have to be drafted in the top 15.  I don't believe there to be any QB needy teams after that.  So what happens when there are none 1st round worthy and the QB needy teams are 15 and below?  Geno Smith has a shot but man, that's about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

KC will never learn

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

i guess we are stuck with the greatest QB to ever play the game for one more year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

i guess we are stuck with the greatest QB to ever play the game for one more year.

Ok.... other then Rusty who wanted Smith over Brady Tcal? I'm not sure what you mean by this comment

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

when did joe montana join the pats?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Wonder if the deal is Smith and the 49'ers 2nd rounder for the first pick in the draft? Or Smith for the first pick in the 2nd round?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

49'ers now need a qb behind Cap

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

per profootball talk

Report: Niners don’t have a deal in place for Alex Smith Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2013, 10:03 AM EST

The 49ers have basically finished a trade that would send quarterback Alex Smith elsewhere.  Unless they haven’t.

Not coincidentally, it’s late February in the NFL.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports that the 49ers don’t have a deal in place to trade Smith once the trading period opens at 4:00 p.m. ET on March 12.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

any thoughts on what the return to the 49'ers is?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

This years QB crop is not a good one.  Most in the draft business have said there's one not 1st round worthy but admit there will probably be a couple taken anyway.  The trouble is that they would have to be drafted in the top 15.  I don't believe there to be any QB needy teams after that.  So what happens when there are none 1st round worthy and the QB needy teams are 15 and below?  Geno Smith has a shot but man, that's about it.

They (QB needy teams) trade with the Pats for #29

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

All smoke and mirrors folks.  The 49'ers don't have a deal in place.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

when did joe montana join the pats?

The same day you were actually a Pats fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Good move by KC.   Now they need a LT, move Brandon Albert to LG finally and they should be competitive again pretty quickly.

But I thought you said Cassel was the real deal dumbkoff?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I don't think he'll do well, I don't think he's a great player and the Chiefs can't afford to take their time and pass only when necessary as the 49er's were doing. Alex Smith is best current "game manager" you shouldn't have one of these at QB unless your D resembles a brick wall, which the Chiefs don't.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.