Sounds Like Colts Coaches intend to Win Sunday...........link

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Sounds Like Colts Coaches intend to Win Sunday...........link

"But we're still going to go beat the Texans."

Business as usual.

And that starts with Pagano in front of the room for meetings, addressing the players.

It's Pagano overseeing everything. Just as he did before being diagnosed with leukemia Sept. 26.

It's Pagano returning to his Monday night radio show.

It's Pagano rising early, reacquainting himself with the drive to the complex, the routine he followed before Sept. 26.

Arians arrived at the complex around 7 a.m. Monday.

Pagano "probably beat me here by two hours."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2012/12/24/chuck-pagano-indianapolis-colts-bruce-arians/1789743/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Sounds Like Colts Coaches intend to Win Sunday...........link

The only reason i can see the Colts trying to win this game is because Pagano probably feels like he has very little to do with the Colts playoff run. He probably thinks the interim coach may be better than him so he needs to prove that he is still in charge.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only reason i can see the Colts trying to win this game is because Pagano probably feels like he has very little to do with the Colts playoff run. He probably thinks the interim coach may be better than him so he needs to prove that he is still in charge.

[/QUOTE]

cc,

young team. a win prepares them better for the playoffs (and future playoffs) than a loss.

not to mention houston will be their rival for years.

pagano jsu fought cancer. i dont think hes in any mood to do anything other than fight. 

now if they can do it thats another story

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

cc,

young team. a win prepares them better for the playoffs (and future playoffs) than a loss.

pagano jsu fought cancer. i dont think hes in any mood to do anything other than fight. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying Pagano is a bad guy or anything. I have known many people with cancer so I will not even go there. If you get hurt at work and the "temp" who replaces you does great, maybe even better than you were doing you will need to prove yourself upon your return. I thought the Colts would be decent this year (they were just in the super bowl in 2009 for goodness sakes) but i did not think they would be this good. Pagano's contribution to this run was in the preseason. They had a losing record when he started his sabbatical. Consider this Bledsoe and Brady but amongst the coaches. If the Colts under Pagano only go 5-11 next year with a tougher schedule you think there won't be talk about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

cc,

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying Pagano is a bad guy or anything. I have known many people with cancer so I will not even go there. If you get hurt at work and the "temp" who replaces you does great, maybe even better than you were doing you will need to prove yourself upon your return. I thought the Colts would be decent this year (they were just in the super bowl in 2009 for goodness sakes) but i did not think they would be this good. Pagano's contribution to this run was in the preseason. They had a losing record when he started his sabbatical. Consider this Bledsoe and Brady but amongst the coaches. If the Colts under Pagano only go 5-11 next year with a tougher schedule you think there won't be talk about it.

[/QUOTE]

cant take away from your asessment. who knows if he is now or woudl ever feel that way, maybe he feels entitled. however on teh account that you describe and the one i describe, i think the coaches try to win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Wow, I'm actually hoping for a Colts win...this has got to be a first...nope just remembered a certain playoff game where I picked the lesser of two evils.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Arguments for the real Colts playing on Sunday:

Truth be told, the Colts are a pretty bad team and utterly undeserving of the playoffs, but they had a fourth place schedule plus two awful teams in their division that they each played twice.  Cheap wins are wins.

The Colts are working off the NFL's worst cap Hades situation -- paying off Peyton Manning who plays for the opponents while they try to field a team under their cap.  That's why gaining this regular season victory over rival Houston in week 17 could be an argument two years down the road for saving the coach's job.  It's all about appearance for the Colts.

Indy needs to learn the confidence to tell themselves, yes we can come back and beat a good team, we just did it last week.  Indy already snuck by Green Bay in week 5 but they flopped badly against Chicago and New England.  Who better than Houston?  Two weeks ago Indy was on the same field as Houston in the middle of the fourth quarter but they couldn't drive for the tying touchdown.

Finally, Coach Pagano can only pull the "I just recovered from cancer this week" excuse once, and this is the week.  "Tell em to go out and win one for the Zipper!"  Profiting off of your own life and death illness is a crass thing to say but real NFL coaches are mondo crass in their actions and motivations.  It's in a coach's blood to go out and win, and winning is almost the sole criteria for the coach's job tenure.  Bill Belichick will whisper smack in his players' ears, he'll put bulletin board material up, he'll put his shadow in the kicker's way to try to distract the kicker in practice, he'll do anything within reason.  What's really wrong with Coach Pagano playing a little trump card that he has?

If the Colts pull their chin straps tight, they are 2.6 point favorites to beat the Houston Texans in front of their home crowd at Indy's Lucas Dome.

Miami is as good as Baltimore these days but they probably don't like January weather.  They haven't been north since November 15.  I have New England by only 8.6 points, but we could see a bit more fight out of the Pats if New England sees a good chance of a bye week.

If BB is 1/10 on the ball he will post Coach Pagano's message as bulletin board material.  Beat Miami and maybe get a bye.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Truth be told, the Colts are a pretty bad team and utterly undeserving of the playoffs, but they had a fourth place schedule plus two awful teams in their division that they each played twice.  Cheap wins are wins.

The Colts are working off the NFL's worst cap Hades situation -- paying off Peyton Manning who plays for the opponents while they try to field a team under their cap.  That's why gaining this regular season victory over rival Houston in week 17 could be an argument two years down the road for saving the coach's job.  It's all about appearance for the Colts.

Indy needs to learn the confidence to tell themselves, yes we can come back and beat a good team, we just did it last week.  Indy already snuck by Green Bay in week 5 but they flopped badly against Chicago and New England.  Who better than Houston?  Two weeks ago Indy was on the same field as Houston in the middle of the fourth quarter but they couldn't drive for the tying touchdown.

Finally, Coach Pagano can only pull the "I just recovered from cancer this week" excuse once, and this is the week.  "Tell em to go out and win one for the Zipper!"  Profiting off of your own life and death illness is a crass thing to say but real NFL coaches are mondo crass in their actions and motivations.  It's in a coach's blood to go out and win, and winning is almost the sole criteria for the coach's job tenure.  Bill Belichick will whisper smack in his players' ears, he'll put bulletin board material up, he'll put his shadow in the kicker's way to try to distract the kicker in practice, he'll do anything within reason.  What's really wrong with Coach Pagano playing a little trump card that he has?

If the Colts pull their chin straps tight, they are 2.6 point favorites to beat the Houston Texans in front of their home crowd at Indy's Lucas Dome.

Miami is as good as Baltimore these days but they probably don't like January weather.  They haven't been north since November 15.  I have New England by only 8.6 points, but we could see a bit more fight out of the Pats if New England sees a good chance of a bye week.

If BB is 1/10 on the ball he will post Coach Pagano's message as bulletin board material.  Beat Miami and maybe get a bye.

[/QUOTE]

" Pagano's message"

which message is that paul?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

"But we're still going to go beat the Texans."

Business as usual.

And that starts with Pagano in front of the room for meetings, addressing the players.

It's Pagano overseeing everything. Just as he did before being diagnosed with leukemia Sept. 26.

It's Pagano returning to his Monday night radio show.

It's Pagano rising early, reacquainting himself with the drive to the complex, the routine he followed before Sept. 26.

Arians arrived at the complex around 7 a.m. Monday.

Pagano "probably beat me here by two hours."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2012/12/24/chuck-pagano-indianapolis-colts-bruce-arians/1789743/

[/QUOTE]

unless there is a sound reason for resting players and/or playing very conservatively every team should try to win every game, especially in the last games before the playoffs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I think the Colts go all out to win this game for one reason; they are division rivals. Think Pats / Jets. Do you think the Pats would lie down at home for the Jets a week before the playoffs? NO! Also Houston is 0-10 lifetime at Indy! Cmon Dolts one more win!

P.S. Brdbreu where were you Sunday, didnt see you in the game thread?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah and the pats will win 16.2 games this year

what a classless post

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Colts go all out to win this game for one reason; they are division rivals. Think Pats / Jets. Do you think the Pats would lie down at home for the Jets a week before the playoffs? NO! Also Houston is 0-10 lifetime at Indy! Cmon Dolts one more win!

P.S. Brdbreu where were you Sunday, didnt see you in the game thread?

[/QUOTE]

good point quags,

that was one of my thoughts too.

yes you are right. i could nto make the game. how did you enjoy the game thread sunday?

might have been a rough day emotioanlly i gather and a lto of nervousness. glad we pulled it out agaisnt one of theeee worst teams in the league.

blessings and cheers for your holiday

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

lots of gloom and doom on the game thread! hahaha Merry Christams to you and yours!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

lots of gloom and doom on the game thread! hahaha Merry Christams to you and yours!

[/QUOTE]

i heard rusty outdid himself

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Should be an interesting game. If HOU gets the 1 seed, there's a chance that these two teams can play in the divisional round.

Will either team be able to show their hand? Playing 3 times in 5 weeks should bridge the gap. I think HOU is a way more talented team, but them playing this much against each other so soon should benefit Indy more.

Hopefully both teams will play without holding anything back, but who knows

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thanks man, same to you and yours

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i heard rusty outdid himself

[/QUOTE]

why anyone on this board responds to someone who behaves that way is way, way beyond me. as if there is no accounting or responsibility for behavior whatsoever

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Should be an interesting game. If HOU gets the 1 seed, there's a chance that these two teams can play in the divisional round.

Will either team be able to show their hand? Playing 3 times in 5 weeks should bridge the gap. I think HOU is a way more talented team, but them playing this much against each other so soon should benefit Indy more.

[/QUOTE]

pagano didnt beat cancer to show up to work on his first game to not beat their rival (imo)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

i hope so, they can beat the texans at home if they play the game like they should. Since the Pats play a late game they will know by kickoff if they are playing for the first round bye.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i hope so, they can beat the texans at home if they play the game like they should. Since the Pats play a late game they will know by kickoff if they are playing for the first round bye.

[/QUOTE]

actually denver plays same time as us, so we'll have  to watch the scoreboard in the 2nd quarter (and rest of gaem if its close). if ehy both lose we get fisrt seed with a win. if hou were to win, if kc comes thru we still get 2nd seed.

so we gotta suit up to play.

as i suiggested elsewhere. sit theinjured and preparre for battle. get the score minute by minute if 

hou happens to win. only if hou wins and denver starts to blow them out in teh 1st or 2nd qtr do we pull our starters

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

pagano didnt beat cancer to show up to work on his first game to not beat their rival (imo)

[/QUOTE]

i kind of think beating cancer has little to do with beating the texans to benefit the pats  :  )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i kind of think beating cancer has little to do with beating the texans to benefit the pats  :  )

[/QUOTE]

do you really understand what i said or are you just bitter?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bitter? uh no...maybe i misunderstood so if i did my apologies

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ok, i wasnt sure if the giants being out was bringing some sour feelings out. above i stated several reasons why i see pagano playing to win. none of them had to do with my feelings of wanting him to do it for us. good health to you and yours

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ok, i wasnt sure if the giants being out was bringing some sour feelings out. above i stated several reasons why i see pagano playing to win. none of them had to do with my feelings of wanting him to do it for us. good health to you and yours

[/QUOTE]

u too

btw giants aren't "out" quite yet...