Sounds like no Gronk again this weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Sounds like no Gronk again this weekend

I think we all want Gronk to play...when he's physically ready to play. Really hate to see him re-injure that forearm or the back. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I read that Gronks bags are packed with pads and all.

shalise manza young @shalisemyoung 36m

maybe it's a sign, maybe it's not, but Gronk's travel bag has shoulder pads, etc in it.

Amendola better be back then.  The Falcons are hurting, right now is a great opportunity to beat them and go up 4-0.  What a missed opportunity it is if we can't get either Gronk or Amendola back to get a win this Sunday.  It will be very tough to do it without both of them.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

if amendola plays this week that is bad. That groin must be real tender and could easily be re-pulled/torn or what not.

also i agree with your homefield adv. point all the way. since week 1 i make sure we keep pace with denver so by november we can solidify it by having our shot at them for homefield in Jan.

Peyton can't beat us in Gillette in Jan. #fact

[/QUOTE]

If they have Amendola's injury right, he can't "re-pull" or "re-tear it".  He just has to deal with the discomfort!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah not sure about the whole "can't re-pull or re-tear it" every human body responds differently after an injury is healed, if it's tender, he might put added stress on the surrounding areas to compensate for "discomfort." I have had a sport hernia injury before and it's no joke how easily it can happen doing the most unassuming activity. If he really did pull his groin, I am worried it can easily happen again, because it can and compounding injuries only lead to more time in rehab.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Anyone trusting ESPN might want to check themselves.

Per Guregian....60% chance Gronk goes.   I trust her. I do no trust ESPN. Please check your source before starting threads that mislead people.

I'm just some guy listening to ESPN radio and posting what I heard from an iPhone. Maybe ESPN had it wrong. Hope they do. I don't have time to compare "sources" like you do. I'm not trying to mislead anyone. Oh yeah, and don't tell me when I can and can't start a thread. Have a nice day Rusty.

[/QUOTE]

I am just asking to use your head a little bit.  Karen Guregian has good info.  She actually has more of a direct line over Reiss. 

Gronk is 60% a go.   Amendola, unlikely.

Check out 98.5 on your phone instead. Gresh and Zo from 10 AM EST to 2 PM.  Best radio program for Pats stuff everyday, every week.

Do not take the media's frustration with getting solid info and then dangling out speculation to get hits on the blog, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Good stuff. Sounds like there is still a chance Gronk could play. Sorry about the bad info

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Three thoughts:

1. Don't want to risk re-injuring players.

2. This will end up being the best thing that happened to Brady this year.  It's not just the new receivers who are learning, Brady is RE-learning how to take a math test without a calculator (Welker and his clone Amendola).  This isn't to diss him, it's simple human nature.  Welker was usually the open guy.  In game 1 this season it looked like Amendola was going to start right where Welker left off.  I'd say that Welker "de-trained" Brady lol.  Only half joking.  But seriously, it looks as if he is having a difficult time adjusting to not having his reliable receiver in the slot running the routes he is so accustomed to.  Some of it is that the new guys were struglling (e.g. drops), but not all of it.  To this day I maintain that 2006 was Brady's finest year at QB.  I hope this stretch of games allows him to find the 2006 version of himself.  Some of you probably have no idea what I mean.  Some probably do.

3. This is going to accelerate the development of the new guys.  They're getting a lot more playing time than they would normally get.  Plus Brady has no choice but to integrate them.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Out here harvesting potatoes, and ESPN radio is reporting that Gronk is unlikely for the Falcons game. Discouraging. I thought all along that this was the game that they were targeting for his return.  Still think our offense comes to life and that we win Sunday night.

Both Gronk and Amenola supposedly are going to play. If neither are 100% healthy, they should not play:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/27/report-gronkowski-amendola-playing-as-of-today/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I read that Gronks bags are packed with pads and all.

shalise manza young @shalisemyoung 36m

maybe it's a sign, maybe it's not, but Gronk's travel bag has shoulder pads, etc in it.

Amendola better be back then.  The Falcons are hurting, right now is a great opportunity to beat them and go up 4-0.  What a missed opportunity it is if we can't get either Gronk or Amendola back to get a win this Sunday.  It will be very tough to do it without both of them.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

if amendola plays this week that is bad. That groin must be real tender and could easily be re-pulled/torn or what not.

also i agree with your homefield adv. point all the way. since week 1 i make sure we keep pace with denver so by november we can solidify it by having our shot at them for homefield in Jan.

Peyton can't beat us in Gillette in Jan. #fact

[/QUOTE]

If they have Amendola's injury right, he can't "re-pull" or "re-tear it".  He just has to deal with the discomfort!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah not sure about the whole "can't re-pull or re-tear it" every human body responds differently after an injury is healed, if it's tender, he might put added stress on the surrounding areas to compensate for "discomfort." I have had a sport hernia injury before and it's no joke how easily it can happen doing the most unassuming activity. If he really did pull his groin, I am worried it can easily happen again, because it can and compounding injuries only lead to more time in rehab.

[/QUOTE]

If he had a sports hernia I would agree with you but he supposedly tore his adductor and didn't have a sports hernia. I read the procedure to repair it is to cut through it the rest of the way. They didn't have to do the surgury because the adductor was completely torn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Just read that the plan is for both Gronk and Amendola to play.  As of right now, they will play.  That is very encouraging news.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope very much to see Asante torched more then my ex wife's cooking. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Conflicting reports on the availability of Gronk and Amendola: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9733141/rob-gronkowski-danny-amendola-not-expected-play-new-england-patriots-sunday, and http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/27/report-gronkowski-amendola-playing-as-of-today/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Out here harvesting potatoes, and ESPN radio is reporting that Gronk is unlikely for the Falcons game. Discouraging. I thought all along that this was the game that they were targeting for his return.  Still think our offense comes to life and that we win Sunday night.

Both Gronk and Amenola supposedly are going to play. If neither are 100% healthy, they should not play:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/27/report-gronkowski-amendola-playing-as-of-today/

Wow. Talk about a roller clatter of conflicting reports. First it was going to be Gronk and no Danny.  Then neither guy was going to play. Now both are supposedly playing?! Crazy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow. Talk about a roller clatter of conflicting reports. First it was going to be Gronk and no Danny.  Then neither guy was going to play. Now both are supposedly playing?! Crazy.

[/QUOTE]

Just like a merry go round! Where it stops....????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I will be super stoked if both play on Sunday.  This game vs the Falcons is very winnable with these two guys on the field.  Not only would it send a message to the other teams around the league but a win would be huge for this Patriots team, 4-0!!!  Are you kidding me???  Especially with the Dolphins playing big, this game is huge!!  Huge!!!

I don't expect Gronk to come in on Sunday (assuming he plays) and pick up where he left off last season but to get on the field, get some good work in, draw some coverage so others can get open, help this team win and at the same time get ready to play the Bengals and Saints then it will be excellent!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Great if they both are back, but I'm not holding out much hope for either of them being on the field much at all this season.  I think it's most important for the three rookie receivers to step up, because I'm not convinced we can rely on either Gronk or Amendola to stay healthy.  Their injury histories are what they are. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He'll play, maybe Amendola joins in. 

He can tackle, pass, head,
    Michael Carrick is a Red.
    Gerrard, Lampard, Fabregas,
    Your not fit to wipe his @r$3!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Wasn't, the problem with Gronks broken bone is that he got an infection?And that added time to get back for his arm?

But I also remember a doc saying his issue wasn't going to be his arm, but his back and backs are flakey too

I can only wonder what the docs are saying behind closed door

And remember too -I can see defenders taking extra legal shots against him.

on Amendola -I must be thick lol with all of the good commentary I still don't understand lol -Will have to reread

Nothing would make happier for them to come back and send a shock thru the league

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Odd on Riess blog says they both are UNLIKELY to play (and i think Riess is a good source) then on here it says league source saysthey both are LIKELY to play.  Classic BB hiding stuff again

I at least hope the players on the team know what is going on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

Great if they both are back, but I'm not holding out much hope for either of them being on the field much at all this season.  I think it's most important for the three rookie receivers to step up, because I'm not convinced we can rely on either Gronk or Amendola to stay healthy.  Their injury histories are what they are. 

What? You're not holding out hope for either to be on the field much this season? Why?

I don't consider a broken arm or a groin issues to be part of an injury "history".  I think the overreaction by some of our fans is kinda funny.

[/QUOTE]

I'm just not getting my hopes up either of these guys is going to contribute that much this season.  I'm focused more on the guys who are playing -- Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce.  If Gronk or Amendola play, it would be great, but at this point I only care about the guys actually on the field. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What? You're not holding out hope for either to be on the field much this season? Why?

I don't consider a broken arm or a groin issues to be part of an injury "history".  I think the overreaction by some of our fans is kinda funny.

[/QUOTE]

I'm just not getting my hopes up either of these guys is going to contribute that much this season.  I'm focused more on the guys who are playing -- Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce.  If Gronk or Amendola play, it would be great, but at this point I only care about the guys actually on the field. 

[/QUOTE]

Wise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUO

very well stated

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

omg , its Bill Belichick

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I don't want to see anything like the last time; he gets reinjured the first game back. Sit him until he's 200% ready. Enough of this BS.

I agree - I think he is the biggest impact player on the roster (aside from Brady), we don't a guy like that going down because he wasn't ready.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

No offense to anyone, but don't ever form your opinion based on what ESPN says.  ESPN is a tabloid station at best.  Truly a bunch of overpaid talking heads who sacrificed their love for sports by taking that gig.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Anyone trusting ESPN might want to check themselves.

Per Guregian....60% chance Gronk goes.   I trust her. I do no trust ESPN. Please check your source before starting threads that mislead people.

looks like ESPN was right, and Guregian was wrong. better check your sources Rusty.   :)   Just kiddin Man. Wish Gronk was playing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What I said yesterday . . .