Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot

This from Mike Florio, a rather dubious individual when it comes to the Patriots. Florio claims that a "source" told him that, if Larry Johnson clears waivers (as he likely will), and hits the open market, that theres' a good chance BB will take a flier on him: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/10/source-keep-an-eye-on-the-pats-and-larry-johnson/  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot

Mike florio definitely has some inroads to the Patriots so if anyone knows what BB is really thinking it might be Mike Florio.....LJ could do worse he could sign to play withthe Raiders.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Saints preserve us from "a source."

When I went to journalism school, the mantra was that attribution was the single most important aspect of most stories. Where did you get your information and why should we believe it? Today, with an explosion of media outlets thanks largely to Al Gore's marvelous interwebs, what we get is stuff that is often either cherry-picked or made up out of whole cloth and then attributed to "sources" who need never fear that they will be identified (if, in fact, they exist at all).

Florio's information (or, for those of you interested in accuracey for its own sake, rumor-mongering) may or may not be useful for whatever purposes you may find for it, and he's certainly not the only or the worst practictioner of this technique, but as someone who used to make a living doing this very thing (in a time when journalists were not only expected to be accurate but to actually cite their attribution), I am offended by this jack@ss and his ilk.

Ohhhh . . .

And I should probably mention here that, as a fan, I have exactly zero interest in seeing this walking, breathing dungheap -- Johnson, I mean -- associated with the New England Patriots in any way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I suppose if the Pats don't like him they could always cut him. They will make a contract team/salary friendly no doubt. The Patriots are sort of like the Yankees when it comes to rumors though. Everytime there is a big name available someone will have them coming here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I doubt it happens.

Only if Tayor or Morris is out for the rest of the year.

I cant see NE cutting any players to put him on the team.

I can see him going to Washington.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot:
    [QUOTE]I doubt it happens. Only if Tayor or Morris is out for the rest of the year. I cant see NE cutting any players to put him on the team. I can see him going to Washington.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

You got that right. If he comes here it will be at minimum salary with the understanding that if he opens his mouth once or gets in trouble he'll be right out the door. Not counting the fact that the front office woun't even consider him unless the vets on the team are on board.

As for the 'expert' and his source...Any moron can buy a domain name and set up a website proclaiming themselves to be reincarnation of Vince Lombardi.
    And legitimate websites are so hard up for content they'll pretty much post anything as long as the price is right. Their main aim is too get as many hits as possible so they can wave that number in front of potential advertisers. It doesn't matter if the person who went to the website discovered the article was garbage after they entered the site

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Not a bad idea in principle. Although maroney has been much improved recently, we're one play away from having no running back at all. faulk and law firm are flat out not every down backs for a playoff contending team.

I think it could work provided that he's signed to a corey dillion type contract, where its very clear up front that one wrong move gets him cut immediately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt it happens. Only if Tayor or Morris is out for the rest of the year. I cant see NE cutting any players to put him on the team. I can see him going to Washington.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

Johnson is owed a ton of money. Don't know whether the 'Skins would be willing to pay him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Florio is like a 13 year old girl who likes to start rumors for fun.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]Saints preserve us from "a source." When I went to journalism school, the mantra was that attribution was the single most important aspect of most stories. Where did you get your information and why should we believe it? Today, with an explosion of media outlets thanks largely to Al Gore's marvelous interwebs, what we get is stuff that is often either cherry-picked or made up out of whole cloth and then attributed to "sources" who need never fear that they will be identified (if, in fact, they exist at all). Florio's information (or, for those of you interested in accuracey for its own sake, rumor-mongering) may or may not be useful for whatever purposes you may find for it, and he's certainly not the only or the worst practictioner of this technique, but as someone who used to make a living doing this very thing (in a time when journalists were not only expected to be accurate but to actually cite their attribution), I am offended by this jack@ss and his ilk. Ohhhh . . . And I should probably mention here that, as a fan, I have exactly zero interest in seeing this walking, breathing dungheap -- Johnson, I mean -- associated with the New England Patriots in any way.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

No one cares about your life story and who offended you lol This is about the patriots not your boring life, lol your so selfish

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot :      Johnson is owed a ton of money. Don't know whether the 'Skins would be willing to pay him.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Johnson isn't owed any money. He is on waivers.

The Skins would be interested because Clinton Portis is a human punching bag, and the only thing on their offense that is effective consistently.

I don't think Johnson is done, he only has 1400 carries in his career, and let's face it, no RB will gain many yards for KC.

But just the same I hope NE passes. This dude is a major behavior problem, and not like Dillon or Moss at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot :      Johnson is owed a ton of money. Don't know whether the 'Skins would be willing to pay him.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

How much is Johnson owed? I thought it was just $2.1 million which isnt too bad considering hes a two time pro bowler. But if his skill set is dimishined, then thats a different story. I think he just wasnt playing well because he wasnt in a winning team, a lot like Randy Moss is Oakland and Corey Dillon in the latter years in Cincy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot : No one cares about your life story and who offended you lol This is about the patriots not your boring life, lol your so selfish
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for reading and replying to my post anyway, even though you don't care.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]...No wonder our military can't win anything...
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Harley, which country's military are you following?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot : How much is Johnson owed? [/QUOTE]

He isn't owed money. AFAIK, he would need to negotiate a new contract with whatever team claims him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Im all set with Johnson. He looks like he has lost a few steps. Honestly is he any better then Maroney at this point in his career?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot : Well, thanks for reading and replying to my post anyway, even though you don't care.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

yea no problem, anytime:)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Look at who cut him, if he cant play for Scott Pioli, if he wont buy into what Pioli was selling in KC then what makes anyone think he will do so in NE? Belichick wont even take a phone call from this guy I bet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot : Harley, which country's military are you following?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Nothing against you carawaydj I'm just trying to get alfie's goat. He says he's a marine but he has half the board on ignore that's no way fight. My apologies to you and our military people.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot :  This dude is a major behavior problem, and not like Dillon or Moss at all.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I don't know about "major behavior problems". I knew of one girl friend spitting incident and the heinous use of the word f*g, but these aren't exactly felonies.

Admittedly, he has a bad attitude, but that's exactly what dillon and moss had. maybe the potential loss of his career is enough to wake him up and signing him to the type of contract we had with dillon and moss would be win-win for the pats.

the chiefs will be liable for the remaining $2.1 million of his salary if no-one picks him off the waiver wire by the end of the day today.

http://www.wowt.com/sports/headlines/69585637.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

NO! I hate racists, sexists, religionists, and gay bashers. 

From what I heard, Larry is 3 out of the 4. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]Saints preserve us from "a source." [/QUOTE]

Why? Are they interested in LJ too?Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot : Nothing against you carawaydj I'm just trying to get alfie's goat. He says he's a marine by he has half the board on ignore that's no way fight. My apologies to you and our military people.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no biggie.  I probably get as sensitive as a moped rider riding into Weirs Beach for bike week about the military though.  I've either been in or associated with the military since I was 17.  You can say it's been my life thus far.  Even the business I just started is devoted to getting handheld programs directly to the troops.  So yeah, I'm a sensitive beeetch about the military :^) 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

carawaydj, I saw leon on here is there anyway your "program" could blowup his posts? he posted under leo-n.

BTW if you have any friends or family at Ft. Hood my condolences.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot : I don't know about "major behavior problems". I knew of one girl friend spitting incident and the heinous use of the word f*g, but these aren't exactly felonies. Admittedly, he has a bad attitude, but that's exactly what dillon and moss had. maybe the potential loss of his career is enough to wake him up and signing him to the type of contract we had with dillon and moss would be win-win for the pats. the chiefs will be liable for the remaining $2.1 million of his salary if no-one picks him off the waiver wire by the end of the day today. http://www.wowt.com/sports/headlines/69585637.html
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Since 2003?

Waving a gun at his GF.
    Pushing a woman to the ground.
    Spitting a drink on a woman.
    Slapping a woman in a club.

Then in a five day span . . . .
    Calling his coach a 'golf scholarship coach.'
    Calling the media f_gs.
    Then doing it again.

These aren't isolated incidents. The guy has a track record of verbal and physical violence.

You are correct about the cotract though. Apparently in the NFL, when you have more than four seasons, waiver release means the contract is waived. He can make himself a FA after the year.