Special Teams

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Special Teams

Bingo! Gost KO's and Mesko punts, and Slater coverage have helped this defense immensely making the opponant drive 80 yards or more to score.

Excellent observation often over looked on these boards. If Gost can keep the opponant on the 20 yard line with his KO's, and be money from 40 yards and closer, I can live with some misses at 45 plus yards.

Gost is 7-7 from 30 yards in. 8-10 30-39 yards. 7-11 40-49 yards. 2-2 50+ yards.

I believe 3 of his misses are holder issues, and 1 of his misses is snapper issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This could be very possible bobbysu.  Last Sundays game was decided by two bad special teams plays from the Dolphins.  The fumbled punt where the Pats scored on the possession due to that and then the Dolphins got a roughing the kicker called on them to give the ball back to the Pats where they ended up scoring on, so yes ST's is big.

As far as rkarp stating "I believe 3 of his misses are holder issues, and 1 of his misses is snapper issue."  I tend to agree with him on this. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

That's why the loss of Edelman will hurt in many ways. He was a standout on returns and coverage units for ST's. Very under rated player IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Special teams, especially if the weather turns bad, could very well determine the outcome of the game. A blocked kick, a muffed punt, or bad kick coverage could decide it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Everything said is true.....ST is one of the three phases of the game you hear BB and TB talk about every single week. Don't give them chances to take it out, don't miss from inside 50yds, stay true to your assignments on coverage, be opportunistic, pin them back when you can, we can't afford to give up anything easy and foolish to this team.

Last week proved you can benefit by poor ST play.....the Pats were lucky to have the Phins mess up the snap and then be foolish enough to run into the kicker, you can't really credit the Pats play for that as much fault the Phins, point is we benefitted.

bobbysu, if you remember that Giants kicker was Weatherford, the same guy who played for the Jets during their run a few years ago. The same guy who used to pin us back then too. I was very unhappy to see we never made a play for him.

GO PATS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I keep thinking of last years Superbowl, and that Darn Punter for the Giants, kept pinning us back the whole game with Great Punts. People dont remember that we had terrible Field Position that whole game. After Manning, he was my MVP.

TFB12 how are you? We need one of your Good Omens this week! My friend.

[/QUOTE]

Good to hear from you bobbysu!  I will work on one this weekend, I have hit a wall lately, running out of ideas.

But you are right about the Giants kicker, actually I thought he should have been the MVP.

9. This post has been removed.