Special Thanks to BB the GM (And Scouts)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Special Thanks to BB the GM (And Scouts)

No overlooking Gostkowski and impact of wind: Stephen Gostkowski's 48-yard field goal at the end of the third quarter, which came after the Patriots took a smart timeout with the wind in mind, was cited by Belichick as a "big one for us at that point because we also got the kickoff, which he touched back." The wind was a factor in game management/field position, and the Patriots aced the test.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

so did the pats switch to 3-4 d

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OMG, This is getting Pathetic.  I am so embarrassed for Rusty.  I can not believe there is someone really like him in this world. How's those BB jockey's smelling?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After seeing teams like the Jets today, the Steelers, Cowboys, really any hyped team with poor team builds to show their exposed gaps in depth as they allow 30 points every week, it got me thinking how lucky we are to have a GM who can have reserves here who know what to do and play well while we wait for injured players to return.

The laundry list of quality players, some rookies, chipping in well to help win, is quite impressive. Logan Ryan might be this year's version of a 2003 Samuel.  

BB's teambuilding approach off the lockout has proven to be the best way.  Brady hasn't played well and we are 6-2.

That's incredible.

Thanks again to BB the GM.  Simply the best.

PS Andre Carter looked pretty good today in his first action of the year. Thanks to BB to not spend to the penny within the cap so we could add a player like that. Injuries are always going to be there and BB thinks ahead like a wise GM.

[/QUOTE]

The offense is below average this year as a direct result of BB's hubris in believing that TB can make any receiver look good - BB thought that in 2006 too.........

The D has been much better this year - and was looking its best since 2007 until Mayo went down - they looked good in the 2nd today too - but Cincy and Jets d's are better, I am sorry to say

If BB the GM gets the credit for the D, then BB gets the blame for the weapons he has given TB on offense - Rusty, you can't have it both ways

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to qball369's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

After seeing teams like the Jets today, the Steelers, Cowboys, really any hyped team with poor team builds to show their exposed gaps in depth as they allow 30 points every week, it got me thinking how lucky we are to have a GM who can have reserves here who know what to do and play well while we wait for injured players to return.

The laundry list of quality players, some rookies, chipping in well to help win, is quite impressive. Logan Ryan might be this year's version of a 2003 Samuel.  

BB's teambuilding approach off the lockout has proven to be the best way.  Brady hasn't played well and we are 6-2.

That's incredible.

PS Andre Carter looked pretty good today in his first action of the year. Thanks to BB to not spend to the penny within the cap so we could add a player like that. Injuries are always going to be there and BB thinks ahead like a wise GM.

[/QUOTE]

The offense is below average this year as a direct result of BB's hubris in believing that TB can make any receiver look good - BB thought that in 2006 too.........

The D has been much better this year - and was looking its best since 2007 until Mayo went down - they looked good in the 2nd today too - but Cincy and Jets d's are better, I am sorry to say

If BB the GM gets the credit for the D, then BB gets the blame for the weapons he has given TB on offense - Rusty, you can't have it both ways

[/QUOTE]

False. BB walked from Welkie by design.  Gronk's return took longer than expected and we know what happened to Hernandez.

Fact is, 13 or 14 points in the postseason with loaded weaponry obviously is no difference with new weaponry like we see this year.

People like YOU can't have it both ways.   

[/QUOTE]

I am not trying to have it both ways - the focus of recent drafts has been to rebuild a very weak D - fair enough -but it is pretty disengenuos of you to criticize TB for BB past failures as a GM to field an adequate defensive team

And, in 2006 the Pats were not "loaded"  - and they probably would have won the Superbowl if not for Reche Caldwell dropping the critical pass (so much for loaded)

This group of receivers is similarly inferior - blame BB the GM for that and BB the coach for not making Josh McDaniels simplify the offense to match the same skill set of the current personnel

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's incredible.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

False. BB walked from Welkie by design.  Gronk's return took longer than expected and we know what happened to Hernandez.

Fact is, 13 or 14 points in the postseason with loaded weaponry obviously is no difference with new weaponry like we see this year.

[/QUOTE]

I am not trying to have it both ways - the focus of recent drafts has been to rebuild a very weak D - fair enough -but it is pretty disengenuos of you to criticize TB for BB past failures as a GM to field an adequate defensive team

And, in 2006 the Pats were not "loaded"  - and they probably would have won the Superbowl if not for Reche Caldwell dropping the critical pass (so much for loaded)

This group of receivers is similarly inferior - blame BB the GM for that and BB the coach for not making Josh McDaniels simplify the offense to match the same skill set of the current personnel

[/QUOTE]

Where did I say they were loaded in 2006? I said 2007.  Seau came on board, Moss ans Welker, etc. It was an embarrassment of riches.

This group of WRs isn't inferior to 2006. No way. Younger, less experience, but the QB is far worse.

Far worse.

Brady made Caldwell look like a legit WR.  Brady has regressed. Face it. It's all over the airwaves after these games. People calling in left and right on 98.5.

It's up to Brady now. A bad Brady in the 2007, 2011 or 2012 postseasons, is still a bad Brady.

I want more running. We beat the Saints because we ran it into the second half. We lost to Cincy and the Jets because we got away from it.

Pretty simple.

[/QUOTE]

As the coach, the play calling is entirely on BB - not TB - as is the decision to play TB - if Mallet gives the Pats the best chance to win and he isn't playing who is accountable for that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's incredible.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where did I say they were loaded in 2006? I said 2007.  Seau came on board, Moss ans Welker, etc. It was an embarrassment of riches.

This group of WRs isn't inferior to 2006. No way. Younger, less experience, but the QB is far worse.

Far worse.

Brady made Caldwell look like a legit WR.  Brady has regressed. Face it. It's all over the airwaves after these games. People calling in left and right on 98.5.

It's up to Brady now. A bad Brady in the 2007, 2011 or 2012 postseasons, is still a bad Brady.

I want more running. We beat the Saints because we ran it into the second half. We lost to Cincy and the Jets because we got away from it.

Pretty simple.

[/QUOTE]

As the coach, the play calling is entirely on BB - not TB - as is the decision to play TB - if Mallet gives the Pats the best chance to win and he isn't playing who is accountable for that?

[/QUOTE]

That's false. BB oversees offensive playcalling. Most of the time he is talking to the D while McDaniels and Brady are running things.

So you're wrong. BB is not an offensive coach, he's a defensive coach. He can overrule, sure.

[/QUOTE]

Of course I know that BB has delegated the play calling duties to Josh McDaniels - but, again, as Head Coach, and GM for that matter, BB is ultimately responsible for Josh McDaniels play calling - that is the simple truth Rusty - if BB gets the credit for all the good things happening on D, then BB has to be accountable for the major backslide with the offense this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

False. BB walked from Welkie by design. 

[/QUOTE]

Worst move ever!  Thanks BB for wasting TFB's final years with these WR scrubs we have. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Worst move ever!  Thanks BB for wasting TFB's final years with these WR scrubs we have. 

[/QUOTE]
    Completely agree - it is a tragedy that TB's final good years are being wasted this way

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Completely agree - it is a tragedy that TB's final good years are being wasted this way

[/QUOTE]

Your statements are just stupid and not well thought out. Brady has been handed the best set of WR talent he has ever had other than 2007. They are all bigger, faster and stronger. Just cause they are going through growing pains doesn't mean they have no talent. Oh, wait, they aren't consistently top 1 in fantasy points.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Ryan looked good today. Nice blitz packages.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Welkie is nothing more than a glorified chain mover and an extension of a run game.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!  I wish the Pats had one of those, they sure could use one.  Would give the Pats a lot more then what we have now.  I think Welker has more TD's then all the Pats receivers combined.  Wow, isn't that pathetic.  Welker knows how to get open.  He had another good game today.  He was very effective for the Bronco's offense, just like the previous 8 weeks.

So funny to see the jealousy of a grown man.  You are pathetic and embarrassing as a Pats fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ryan looked good today. Nice blitz packages.

[/QUOTE]

Yes he did!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

The welker blunder hurts. Compounded by signing a vase as his replacement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Welkie is nothing more than a glorified chain mover and an extension of a run game.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!  I wish the Pats had one of those, they sure could use one.  Would give the Pats a lot more then what we have now.  I think Welker has more TD's then all the Pats receivers combined.  Wow, isn't that pathetic.  Welker knows how to get open.  He had another good game today.  He was very effective for the Bronco's offense, just like the previous 8 weeks.

So funny to see the jealousy of a grown man.  You are pathetic and embarrassing as a Pats fan.

[/QUOTE]

Brady has sucked this year. Just get over it. A huge reason why we won today and vs the Saints is because we kept running it and didn't force more passes to Welker or Gronk.

You're too dumb to know this.

[/QUOTE]

And you're too stupid to know the GM?/COACH SUCKS for letting this happen.

Just get over it.  THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS NEED A  REAL GM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Brady has sucked this year. Just get over it. A huge reason why we won today and vs the Saints is because we kept running it and didn't force more passes to Welker or Gronk.

You're too dumb to know this.

[/QUOTE]

Ok Rusty, if you say so!! You are an embarrassment to our team and fan base.  You never played the game before, you apparently don't know much about football that's why you make up stuff.. like facts!  LOL!  There are kool aid drinkers and there is you.....

BB jockey sniffers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL! At least a vase can hold water.  Mr. broken peepee can't... Wonder if he wears those adult undies Welker was pushing last year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL! At least a vase can hold water.  Mr. broken peepee can't... Wonder if he wears those adult undies Welker was pushing last year?

[/QUOTE]

^^Too dumb to realize Brady fakes injuries and bruises while not knowing Fletcherbrook is Bustchise.

Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know a fake alright and it's not Brady and it's not Fletcherbrook and it's not Bustchise.

It's 100% YOU!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

That's incredible.

[/QUOTE]

Did he build the refs too, because they really helped today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Steven Gregory, Robert Gallery, Trevor Scott, Donte Stallworth, Anthony Gonzallez, Jabbar Gaffney, Fells, Schiancoe, Shaun Ellis, Ocho Cinco, Albert Haynesworth, Torry Holt, Derrick Burgess, Marques Murrell, Leigh Bodden, Shawn Springs, Fred Taylor, Jonathan Fanene, Joseph Addai, Kellen Winslow, Amendola, made Mankins the highest paid guard in football, gave 45 million to Hernandez, drafted Butler, Chung, Brace, Maroney, Merriweather, Wheatly, Cunningham, Whilite, Jackson, Price, paid Tully Banta can't. If this is the best GM in the history of football, then all the others really really suck.

All those names add up to roughly 210 million in bad decisions and contracts...meanwhile we have a great head coach and quarterback that keeps us winning. If we had hit on 10% of those names mentioned above we would of won another Super Bowl, instead we have to watch our heads get kicked in every post season by teams that are built to win against the big boys. 

I know...I'm spoiled...I expect the off season to be a time to improve our team, when I just should except it as a time to watch us sign washed up old players that won't make it out of training camp:) yay!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's incredible.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Far worse.

Pretty simple.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's false. BB oversees offensive playcalling. Most of the time he is talking to the D while McDaniels and Brady are running things.

So you're wrong. BB is not an offensive coach, he's a defensive coach. He can overrule, sure.

[/QUOTE]

He is the head coach.  He is entirely responsible for the game on the field and the game plan.  He is responsible, if not for offensive strategy, for approving it.  He may not call the games, but given his emphasis on situational football, only a fool (and especially one with a specific agenda) believes that at times he does not dictate some offensive play calls. 

In fact, his control over aspects of the offense can be seen in the way he required Welker to run pass patterns - as Welker noted.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Just think, we could have ALL the same reserves right now, cheap vets and solid 7th rd/UFA finds

AND... (just going back to before the '11 season we should have one a Super Bowl in

1. Goldson at SS over the nothing brought in in '11, Gregory/Tavon W. in '12 and A. Wilson in '13

2. Muhammad Wilkerson and an extension for Woodhead over Vareen 3rd on depth chart in '11 blown SB season behind Woodhead/Faulk, $ spent on Shaun Ellis/Fat Albert and 2 mixed review years of Hightower

3. Akeem Ayers (I'll take 3 years of him over 2 of Hightower) and Darius Butler (cut, not given a chance to have a 3rd season) over Ras-I Dowling (hurt since high school).

4. Jed Hoyer and Justin Houston (another guy I'd want 3 years of over 2 of Hightower) over Ryan Mallett

5. Jericho Cotchery, Malcolm Floyd or the cut Brandon Tate all would have been better system fits/options at WR than Ocho

6. Welker for the 3 years 21m they cheaped out by 1-2m on before '12.

7. Desmond Bryant this offseason over the Fanene and Kelly $ dished out the last 2. (No need for Fanene with Wilkerson here but Bryant could have helped rest Wilfork and replaced Love/Deaderick)

8. Emmanual Sanders for 750k more than was offered

On and on

Bill could have all this depth and clever late round/UFA pickup AND no squandered free agent moey, brought in aging bums, blown 2nd and 3rd rd picks left and right and walked away from guys like Goldson, Welker and Sanders over literally 750k-1.5m.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yup, at least the '11 Super Bowl was lost this way.

No way a team with:

Goldson over _________.

Houston over the injured by playoffs Andre Carter

Butler over the injured by playoffs Ras-I

Ayers, young cover LB team was desperate for over ______________.

Wilkerson over Fatty or Shaun Ellis (or both)

and Floyd/Tate/Cotchery over Ocho

loses to the Giants

Then who knows how last year shakes out with those same additions and the team still trading up for Jones but not having Hightower. Hopefully taking someone like Kendall Reyes over Tavon Wilson and then this year having Welker in the 2nd of a fair 3 year deal and adding Sanders and maybe 1 rookie WR.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just think, we could have ALL the same reserves right now, cheap vets and solid 7th rd/UFA finds

AND... (just going back to before the '11 season we should have one a Super Bowl in

1. Goldson at SS over the nothing brought in in '11, Gregory/Tavon W. in '12 and A. Wilson in '13

2. Muhammad Wilkerson and an extension for Woodhead over Vareen 3rd on depth chart in '11 blown SB season behind Woodhead/Faulk, $ spent on Shaun Ellis/Fat Albert and 2 mixed review years of Hightower

3. Akeem Ayers (I'll take 3 years of him over 2 of Hightower) and Darius Butler (cut, not given a chance to have a 3rd season) over Ras-I Dowling (hurt since high school).

4. Jed Hoyer and Justin Houston (another guy I'd want 3 years of over 2 of Hightower) over Ryan Mallett

5. Jericho Cotchery, Malcolm Floyd or the cut Brandon Tate all would have been better system fits/options at WR than Ocho

6. Welker for the 3 years 21m they cheaped out by 1-2m on before '12.

7. Desmond Bryant this offseason over the Fanene and Kelly $ dished out the last 2. (No need for Fanene with Wilkerson here but Bryant could have helped rest Wilfork and replaced Love/Deaderick)

8. Emmanual Sanders for 750k more than was offered

On and on

Bill could have all this depth and clever late round/UFA pickup AND no squandered free agent moey, brought in aging bums, blown 2nd and 3rd rd picks left and right and walked away from guys like Goldson, Welker and Sanders over literally 750k-1.5m.

[/QUOTE]
    Bingo! And I'd be willing to bet Belichick feels the same way...Kraft too. The truth is we squandered opportunity, after opportunity and time is running out. In fact it probably already has.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Mthurl, every team brings in random players to see what they have left.

How can you put Gregory, Scott, Stallworth, Gaffney, Bodden, Amendola, Mankins, and Banta-Cain on that list? Some of those guys, while not great, really helped the team. Gregory is a starting safety, Scott played ok for a depth signing, Gaffney was solid, Bodden was great before the injury, Amendola was signed this year, Mankins is a top Guard, and Banta-Cain helped out a ton as well. Meriweather really wasn't that bad; he just didn't fit with the team.

Nobody really saw Hernandez's issues coming to the extent that they did. If anything, most people thought he would be suspended a game or two for pot.

You mention all of those picks, but you fail to mention: Gostkoski, traded picks for Moss and Welker, Mayo, Slater, Vollmer, Edelman, McCourty, Gronkowski, Spikes, Mesko (good punter), Solder, Ridley, Cannon, Jones, Hightower, Ebner (see him on special teams today?), Dennard, and all the other signings that did work out such as Nink.

I also have a feeling that some of the names from this draft will mean something in a few years.