Spikes put on IR due to being late to meetings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Spikes put on IR due to being late to meetings

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

I don't disagree with that. I've said that many times here. I don't get you Millennials. I dont' get the Facebook, the Tweeting crap, etc.

No one cares what anyone else is doing. It's so self serving and absolutely pointless.

But, the fact is, that's the nature of the younger people and they make up most of the NFL.

That said, like you just said, Spikes tweets all the time.  This is nothing new and has nothing to do with a decision to IR Spikes and get other healthier players onto the postseason roster with a full week of practice under their belt.

We didn't just see a mirage of Spikes tweaking his knee in the rain and going down vs Buffalo. That really happened. lol

[/QUOTE]

oh i agree it has nothing to do with his decision to IR him but I don't think a lot of those dumb kinda tweets helped Spikes this coming off season. It just shows his immaturity as player.

hey no one cares if you party it up in the offseaosn but come on man the season is going on focus on your job dude.

but as a side note Spikes does seem like a chill dude that can hang lol

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

So, what is the count of people who  believe Mortensen? 3 on this thread?  Mt Hurl, TFB12 and RallyC.

Surprised RallyC fell for it and has linked up with those two idiots.

[/QUOTE]

Russ, not linked up with anyone. It is just more realistic to believe that Brandon Spikes did what is being reported when you consider it is Brandon Spikes. Some things are more believeable than others. If they wanted to make up story, they could have concocted something much more spicely than this that still could be believeable. Its a pretty weak attempt at making a controversy. Its real.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Coming off the Buffalo game he looked like he was toast

Then

As buttoned down as BB and the Pats are, I find it too hard to believe this story was leaked

It could only come from Spikes and what is he saying? Not this

He was one of my favorite players as he was the enforcer in the middle, Bb put him in the right places at the right time. Ray Lewis in his last year was much worse than Spikes in pass defense, and not Spikes on run D , in other words BB had a role for him That could win

There has been for some time a block of media types who have it in for the Pats. It always stems from NY, Balt, Pitts, bronco , Peyton fans or those that do not feel warmth to BB

I think you have to be tuff to play in the nfl. as far as Mankins and his Kraft comments, I assume that that has been dealt with between them. I didn't like it but it is now ancient history. Mankins is a tuff sob, just cannot be a lineman for long and not be. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Umm, wouldn't the message be cutting him on Friday, the day of the meeting or sending him home like he did to some players in late 2009?

Why would you wait 2.5 days to use discipline on principle? That MAKES NO SENSE. You think BB sat around all weekend wondering how to discipline Spikes and then announced to the team on Monday  afternoon:

"Hey guys, I just put Spikes on IR, but it's really my secret way of trying to discipline you all with him not showing good leadership and to protect his FA status"...?

Have you gone insane?

He was IRd on MOnday. Monday is when you come in and get checked out by the trainers to be cleared for practice on Tuesday.  

The story is made up.  Sorry to break this to you.  I know you fell for it, and that's fine, because ESPN should be held accountable in these situations, but you're digging yourself a deeper hole here.

Just admit you took the bait and move on. Mt Hurl and TFB12 won't do it because they get to embarrassed, apparently, but you can show yourself to be a better person than them.

That doesn't prove anything Russ. Do you know the IR process? Do you think that BB is a hasty decision maker? Do you know that he wasn't already told, along with the team, that he was gonna be IR'd on Friday? NObody said that Bill said, "Hey stupid, you missed the meeting! That's it! You're going to IR!" The more BB approach would be to not sayanything. It would be to do it, and let them all figure it out for themselves with a very obvious conclusion as they all knew he could still play, if BB wanted him too. That is more psychologically effective for many reasons. GO PATS!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Goodbye Brandon Spikes!  I really liked the attitude he brought to the defense, and he could stuff a run.  I know he was super slow in the passing game but I really enjoyed watching him play, he seemed to have a very good relationship with Mr. Kraft.  This kind of sucks.

Can we get on last goodbye wave Brandon Spikes......

'

Dude just wasn't versatile enough from the beginning. Collins will make us all forget about him. NOBODY is above the team, especially a habitually tardy, one dimensional player. PERIOD. Shoulda cut him for not being able to dance a lick! C-YA Brandon, your fellow Gator needs a pen pal anyways!

No, Spikes wasn't versatile enough, darn it.  I like the attitude on the field though.  The writing was on the wall when he decided to skip camp and work out on his own and then didn't look any faster.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, Spikes wasn't versatile enough, darn it.  I like the attitude on the field though.  The writing was on the wall when he decided to skip camp and work out on his own and then didn't look any faster.

[/QUOTE]

yup exactly. i expected a guy who could play some 3 down LB this year. never happened

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Just seen on NFL Network controversy on spikes ,so waiting to see what they have to say.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

So, what is the count of people who  believe Mortensen? 3 on this thread?  Mt Hurl, TFB12 and RallyC.

Russ, not linked up with anyone. It is just more realistic to believe that Brandon Spikes did what is being reported when you consider it is Brandon Spikes. Some things are more believeable than others. If they wanted to make up story, they could have concocted something much more spicely than this that still could be believeable. Its a pretty weak attempt at making a controversy. Its real.

But, see, that is the subtle sneaky "genius" of Borges or ESPN.  They know a big, juicy story might be too obvious at this point after so many huge lies in previous seasons.

So, some little sellable story like this with a photo of a snowbound car, tying it to missing a meeting, is a sure way to dupe people like yourself.  

In fact, that's really what is disturbing about ESPN...They're so sneaky about this stuff.

It's not good enough SPikes was on an ACL tear and BB is pretty much the COTY and Exec of the Year, they need to pounce with a fake story to hope to sabotage from the outside.

It's been going on for years.

The chronology of it all from the facts to the timing of this are the dead giveaways.

But, your assessment of the "choronology" doesn't prove anything Russ. Do you know the IR process? Do you really think that BB is a hasty decision maker? Do you know that BS wasn't already told that he was gonna be IR'd on Friday? Nobody said that Bill said, "Hey stupid, you missed the meeting! That's it! You're going to IR!" The more effective BB approach would be to not say anything. It would be to do it, and let them all figure it out for themselves with a very obvious conclusion as they all knew he could still be playing, if BB wanted him too. That is more psychologically effective for many reasons. The guys on the team know the truth while the media is left to guess, just as they are now, but have guessed right this time........GO PATS!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?  I really don't know what to believe, there are reports of late to a meeting many times, late to a meeting during bye week, missed meeting, and then some are saying nothing about late/missing meetings.

Even if the reports are not true about late/missed meetings I don't think the Pats bring him back next season.  If the reports are true then no way he will be back.

Either way I feel Spikes is done as a Patriot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I could give flip about this move - either on BB's part or Spikes' - EXCEPT in the case that there was some well-thought out game plan logic that Spikes would be inefficient against the run and the team is better off with the healthier back-ups.  BB would not be that much of a tyrant when winning a SB is on the line. 

We'll never know, even if we get past the Colts and Moreno torches us for 250 yds.  

It'll be he said/he said.  Spikes wil open his mouth at some point via some tweet saying he's "perfectly good to play..." and then daring everyone to find "The Truth" - whatever that is.   

My question is: is TB exempt from lateness?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

Update:

The Herald still won't run it.  LOL

So obvious.

[/QUOTE]

The Herald is usually closed on Saturday.   Skeleton staff only. 

Stay on point.   Check your handbook.  Stick to the narrative.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

Check that, Reiss just got force to put up a story and was likely ordered to or his job.

This story has been out for 4 hours.

So obvious.

Actually, it's Mortensen's own report! LOL!  Reiss couldn't even sell out on this one.  Wow.

Case closed.

When does Reiss or an ESPN Boston reporter not post their own work?

Can this be any more obvious? This proves it even further.

[/QUOTE]

I've got it.

If Reiss says  ...

"Only an opinion to add. If true, understand the action by the head coach. Can't have 1 player on a different program."

that means he was forced to post that on twitter or face loss of job;

But if Reiss had refuted the story (he didn't) then his statement would have been accepted as fact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup exactly. i expected a guy who could play some 3 down LB this year. never happened

[/QUOTE]

My god. He had a torn ACL!!  What on earth do you dopes not get about that?  You want a guy to play 3 downs on a torn ACL with VInce, Kelly and Mayo gone?

That attitude is nothing different than idiots expecting Hightower to dominate in the tough Mayo role with many in here for years under-appreciating Mayo's role and how BB uses him. Now with Mayo gone, everyone sees his high value.

We have the worst fans in the NFL. The worst.

[/QUOTE]

Mankins played the whole year with a torn acl and the play-offs with a torn acl on the right and a mcl on the left.

Spikes is a puzz compared to Mankins.

Everything else is just the straw that broke BB's back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

I am the only one sticking to the facts here with TFB12 now saying there were reports of Spikes missing meetings.

I ask him to post those reports and he runs away like the troll loser he is.   He's a troll. 

[/QUOTE]

Um, no, you are the guy calling it "fake", "a lie", etc.

You don't know a thing because you weren't there.

You are merely presenting your opinion.