1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Spikes put on IR due to being late to meetings

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, what is the count of people who  believe Mortensen? 3 on this thread?  Mt Hurl, TFB12 and RallyC.

Surprised RallyC fell for it and has linked up with those two idiots.

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?  I really don't know what to believe, there are reports of late to a meeting many times, late to a meeting during bye week, missed meeting, and then some are saying nothing about late/missing meetings.

Even if the reports are not true about late/missed meetings I don't think the Pats bring him back next season.  If the reports are true then no way he will be back.

Either way I feel Spikes is done as a Patriot.

[/QUOTE]

That's false. There is not one prior report of Spikes being late or missing meetings.

Hard worker, teammates love him and he played most of the year on a torn ACL.

Post the reports prior to January 11th about him missing or being late to meetings.

Do you realize, ESPN Boston, Reiss, etc, are so suspicious of this report, it took them 4 hours to see ESPN management force the report into ESPN Boston?

Do you realize that? What do you think that fact means and why the Herald refuses to pick up the story?

Are you this dumb? The story is made up, you dolt!  

[/QUOTE]

Relax dude!  Deep breaths!

From Boston Herald..

Spikes was reportedly late for last Friday's meeting. Spikes did tweet a photo of his SUV stuck in his driveway that day at 7:14 a.m. during the snowstorm that blitzed the area. Spikes had issues with tardiness earlier in his career

----------

We have seen Belichick take action against players for being late to meetings in the past, So it really wouldn't surprise me if this was the decision made, especially if Spikes wasn't involved much in today's game plan.

I  haven't formed an opinion on if the reports are true or not.  The only opinion I have at this point is that I believe, regardless if the reports are true or not, that Spikes is gone next season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Check that, Reiss just got force to put up a story and was likely ordered to or his job.

This story has been out for 4 hours.

So obvious.

Actually, it's Mortensen's own report! LOL!  Reiss couldn't even sell out on this one.  Wow.

Case closed.

When does Reiss or an ESPN Boston reporter not post their own work?

Can this be any more obvious? This proves it even further.

[/QUOTE]

Reiss was force?  What does that mean?

He can't put up his own story,  He didn't break a story.  He can only go on what's being reported.  Maybe ESPN. BOSTON should be the only outlet NOT reporting it.  Bwahaha

Besides, they did tweet it hours ago.  Just no story.  Ya think it might take a little bit to report it?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

That doesn't mean anything.   Why would Mortensen at ESPN have better access than Howe, Curran, Reiss, Perillo, etc?

It's more suspicious that Reiss or anyone else with the better access can't corrborate it. Get it? Reiss can't corroborate it. That's beyond telling to me because those guys are all over the pulse of that team. Chris Mortensen has no legit connections into Foxborough.

I wouldn't be shocked that ESPN BOston, or that concept of creating those different suboutlets, were created specifically because the Pats blocked ESPN access so well. Not kidding.

The Globe changed their model at the exact same time Reiss left here for ESPN Boston, 98.5 was created and the Herald flipped their model, post-TOmase thing in February of 2008.

I know you're kinda dumb, but think you're smart (which makes these awkward back and forths more comical), but what you just said means nothing.

This is no different than Tomase speculating, trying to get ratings or a promtotion and running the fake SB 36 walkthrough tape story.

I knew it was fake before reading it because I knew he facts. Same deal with Walsh. I knew Walsh had nothing else. I knew the facts, mainly NE being the first team to do their walkthrough, which would mean post 9/11 security, no non Rams personnel would be in the stadium AFTER NE went first fo their walkthrough.

This story is fake. Period.

I'd bet money Borges is behind it and ESPN was happy to run with it.

[/QUOTE]

This from the guy who can't distinguish fact from opinion.

Let me give you some edukashun here ... sometimes the beat guy stays away from the toxic story to maintain access to the club.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, what is the count of people who  believe Mortensen? 3 on this thread?  Mt Hurl, TFB12 and RallyC.

Russ, not linked up with anyone. It is just more realistic to believe that Brandon Spikes did what is being reported when you consider it is Brandon Spikes. Some things are more believeable than others. If they wanted to make up story, they could have concocted something much more spicely than this that still could be believeable. Its a pretty weak attempt at making a controversy. Its real.

But, see, that is the subtle sneaky "genius" of Borges or ESPN.  They know a big, juicy story might be too obvious at this point after so many huge lies in previous seasons.

So, some little sellable story like this with a photo of a snowbound car, tying it to missing a meeting, is a sure way to dupe people like yourself.  

In fact, that's really what is disturbing about ESPN...They're so sneaky about this stuff.

It's not good enough SPikes was on an ACL tear and BB is pretty much the COTY and Exec of the Year, they need to pounce with a fake story to hope to sabotage from the outside.

It's been going on for years.

The chronology of it all from the facts to the timing of this are the dead giveaways.

But, your assessment of the "choronology" doesn't prove anything Russ. Do you know the IR process? Do you really think that BB is a hasty decision maker? Do you know that BS wasn't already told that he was gonna be IR'd on Friday? Nobody said that Bill said, "Hey stupid, you missed the meeting! That's it! You're going to IR!" The more effective BB approach would be to not say anything. It would be to do it, and let them all figure it out for themselves with a very obvious conclusion as they all knew he could still be playing, if BB wanted him too. That is more psychologically effective for many reasons. GO PATS!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do know the IR process. A player gets hurt and the trainers, the player, the coaches and maybe the agent all make a decision at any time to have the player go on IR.

Much more detailed than that....not to mention the required NFLPA review. Also, to clarify why BB would not cut him immediately instead of IR.......placing Spikes on injured reserve serves as something of a compromise: For Spikes, it allows him to collect his playoff pay, which he wouldn’t receive if the Patriots had cut him for showing up late to work. For the Patriots, it ensured that Spikes wouldn’t get picked up right away by the Colts, Broncos or Chargers. Come on man.......I know the media drives BS much of the time, but this time, there isn't any real benefit with so much more going on for them to report on. Its not like it is a slow NFL news cycle right now. Be real.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Brandon Spikes reportedly on IR due to late arrival 209
    •        
    • By Dan Hanzus
    • Around the League Writer
    • Published: Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:42 a.m.
    • Updated: Jan. 11, 2014 at 01:58 p.m.
      Friend(s) EmailYour Email Send Email
    • By Dan Hanzus
      More Columns >  

Was the New England Patriots' decision to move linebacker Brandon Spikes to injured reserve motivated by more than a knee issue?

Playoff schedule The first two rounds of the NFL's postseason schedule for the 2013 season were released Sunday night. More ...

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday that the Patriots' surprising decision to move Spikes to IR followed an incident last Friday in which the linebacker showed up late for a bye-week practice.

Spikes publicly appealed for help on Twitter after his luxury SUV became stuck in his driveway following a night of heavy snowfall. According to Mortensen, the incident was the final straw for Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who had previously fined Spikes for multiple incidents.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport later reported that a source close to Spikes said it is "untrue" and "not accurate" that his late arrival to practice prompted the IR designation. It's also not permitted, per NFL rules.

According to Rapoport, the move to IR was a mutual decision that allows Spikes to collect playoff shares and get healthy ahead of next season.

Spikes is a pending free agent and will almost certainly be playing elsewhere in 2014. He was New England's top run-stuffer this season and was ranked as the No. 6 inside linebacker in the league by ProFootballFocus.

We previewed all four divisional playoff games in the latest "Around The League Podcast

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Russ, not linked up with anyone. It is just more realistic to believe that Brandon Spikes did what is being reported when you consider it is Brandon Spikes. Some things are more believeable than others. If they wanted to make up story, they could have concocted something much more spicely than this that still could be believeable. Its a pretty weak attempt at making a controversy. Its real.

[/QUOTE]

But, see, that is the subtle sneaky "genius" of Borges or ESPN.  They know a big, juicy story might be too obvious at this point after so many huge lies in previous seasons.

So, some little sellable story like this with a photo of a snowbound car, tying it to missing a meeting, is a sure way to dupe people like yourself.  

In fact, that's really what is disturbing about ESPN...They're so sneaky about this stuff.

It's not good enough SPikes was on an ACL tear and BB is pretty much the COTY and Exec of the Year, they need to pounce with a fake story to hope to sabotage from the outside.

The chronology of it all from the facts to the timing of this are the dead giveaways.

But, your assessment of the "choronology" doesn't prove anything Russ. Do you know the IR process? Do you really think that BB is a hasty decision maker? Do you know that BS wasn't already told that he was gonna be IR'd on Friday? Nobody said that Bill said, "Hey stupid, you missed the meeting! That's it! You're going to IR!" The more effective BB approach would be to not say anything. It would be to do it, and let them all figure it out for themselves with a very obvious conclusion as they all knew he could still be playing, if BB wanted him too. That is more psychologically effective for many reasons. GO PATS!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do know the IR process. A player gets hurt and the trainers, the player, the coaches and maybe the agent all make a decision at any time to have the player go on IR.

Much more detailed than that....not to mention the required NFLPA review. Also, to clarify why BB would not cut him.......placing Spikes on injured reserve serves as something of a compromise: For Spikes, it allows him to collect his playoff pay, which he wouldn’t receive if the Patriots had cut him for showing up late to work. For the Patriots, it ensured that Spikes wouldn’t get picked up right away by the Colts, Broncos or Chargers.

[/QUOTE]

As well it ends the suspense of the spikes will he or won't he be brought back.. With this development the question has been answered. Rally C your point is right I agree.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

Umm, that has never stopped the people here like Bedard, Volin or whatever stooge they bring in next.

Borges has no access, Breer, etc, and they didn't even get the story.

Wake up, dummy. If anything, Borges or Breer, all incensed at BB's continued success, cooked up this little awkward and forced fairy tale.

I can't distinguish facts from opinion? How does that make sense?  I just explained to you FACTS about how I knew the SB 36 walkthrough tape and the Walsh claims were false.

I did my own homework, researched it and then realized it was all made up.

Why? I knew facts.

[/QUOTE]

This is 2014.  This thread has nothing to do with SB 36.

You have no facts.   You have your opinion, formed by supposition and conjecture.  Nothing else.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Just another wasted draft pick that wasn't worth resigning. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Much more detailed than that....not to mention the required NFLPA review. Also, to clarify why BB would not cut him.......placing Spikes on injured reserve serves as something of a compromise: For Spikes, it allows him to collect his playoff pay, which he wouldn’t receive if the Patriots had cut him for showing up late to work. For the Patriots, it ensured that Spikes wouldn’t get picked up right away by the Colts, Broncos or Chargers.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Much more detailed than that....not to mention the required NFLPA review. Also, to clarify why BB would not cut him.......placing Spikes on injured reserve serves as something of a compromise: For Spikes, it allows him to collect his playoff pay, which he wouldn’t receive if the Patriots had cut him for showing up late to work. For the Patriots, it ensured that Spikes wouldn’t get picked up right away by the Colts, Broncos or Chargers.

[/QUOTE]

As well it ends the suspense of the spikes will he or won't he be brought back.. With this development the question has been answered. Rally C your point is right I agree.

[/QUOTE]

He's not right.  You thought if BB IRd him on Friday vs Monday SPikes would be flying with his torn ACL to SD to practice with Teo and the Chargers??  My god, I am not sure I can continue on with this thread, because too many dumb people are turning others dumb.

Where you getting this moron juice from?

What on earth?  

[/QUOTE]

I hope you have a great day as well DH.. We need your fire and passion  and less name calling @8:15 tonight. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Umm, that has never stopped the people here like Bedard, Volin or whatever stooge they bring in next.

Borges has no access, Breer, etc, and they didn't even get the story.

Wake up, dummy. If anything, Borges or Breer, all incensed at BB's continued success, cooked up this little awkward and forced fairy tale.

I can't distinguish facts from opinion? How does that make sense?  I just explained to you FACTS about how I knew the SB 36 walkthrough tape and the Walsh claims were false.

I did my own homework, researched it and then realized it was all made up.

Why? I knew facts.

[/QUOTE]

This is 2014.  This thread has nothing to do with SB 36.

You have no facts.   You have your opinion, formed by supposition and conjecture.  Nothing else.

[/QUOTE]

I just underlined FACTS in the NFL.com story, one of them being it being against the rules to IR a guy for disciplinary measures. That was the other thing that really wasn't being talked about, too.

But, RallyC started asking me if I knew "IR rules" instead. Please.

The other facts, I've already stated, too:

1. Spikes is a Twitter guy. Posting a joking Twitter picture in a few inches of snow and his driveway not blocked at 7:15 AM on his way to Gillette, as a joke ,is nothing different than any Twitter activity from Spikes in the past.  It doesn't mean he was late. 

This one cracks me up but also concerns me that you're an adult believing one things means another.  Please do not vote or procreate. Thanks.

2. Spikes went down vs Buffalo and took himself off the field.

3. Spikes had a torn ACL already.

These are facts.

Ya lost.

Let me give you a suggestion I have given other morons here who try to take me on and get cute in here:

Do you your homework FIRST. If you aren't intelligent enough to make on, don't bother. But, definitely do some homework, otherwise you have no shot.

It's not my fault you aren't as smart as you think you are. Bustchise has tried for years in here, Rkrap at ESPN,  Mt Hurl, and others, and I have a perfect 4-0 record in wagers to show for it. 

See, I am kinda right. A LOT.

[/QUOTE]

Your like chocolate in Phoenix bro. Grade A meltdown.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

See, I am kinda right. A LOT.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  You are delusional.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport later reported that a source close to Spikes said it is "untrue" and "not accurate" that his late arrival to practice prompted the IR designation. It's also not permitted, per NFL rules.

[/QUOTE]

See. This toad took ESPN's report but then he UPDATED his original clipped story from ESPN at 1:58 PM to include unnamed sources that are saying it is untrue, from a trustworthy beatwriter, ex Herald writer, the superb Rapoport.

Case closed for the second time.

My god are people stupid in this world.

Pay attention, dummy, Catfish Hunter: What I just underlined are FACTS.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if a "source close to Spikes" says it's untrue, that's like the gold standard for journalism, right?

Kinda like sources close to AHern, sources close to ARod ...

And, no, there is no violation of NFL Rules by putting an injured player on IR.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's not right.  You thought if BB IRd him on Friday vs Monday SPikes would be flying with his torn ACL to SD to practice with Teo and the Chargers??  My god, I am not sure I can continue on with this thread, because too many dumb people are turning others dumb.

Where you getting this moron juice from?

What on earth?  

[/QUOTE]

I hope you have a great day as well DH.. We need your fire and passion  and less name calling @8:15 tonight. 

[/QUOTE]

Dude, seriously, you just attached yourself to RallyC, who is one who bought the Mortensen story, naively so.

You're a good guy, RallyC is a good guy, but you'd have to be a child, insane or riding a short bus to believe that story and how all the facts we have access to, don't debunk it.

Sometimes things are simply how they appear.

Yo, Russ, you are right about many things here dude, but don't forget that it is OK to be wrong sometimes too, just like you are this time!!! LOL! GO PATS!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Check that, Reiss just got force to put up a story and was likely ordered to or his job.

This story has been out for 4 hours.

So obvious.

Actually, it's Mortensen's own report! LOL!  Reiss couldn't even sell out on this one.  Wow.

Case closed.

Dumbazz, Mortensen is the one to report it.  No one, especially not you, knows the validity of it.  I'm sure the others are scrambling to find out.

The truth is, someone told him or he made it up.

Until we find that out, you cannot assume it's not true.

The fact that it's Spikes and that BB is known to make examples of players that don't conform, makes it very plausible.

Regardless, Spikes is gone.  It's very likely that BB feels he's more trouble than he's worth.