Spikes to have knee surgery after season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Spikes to have knee surgery after season

Home

Text Size: A A A

Report: Knee surgery for Spikes after season

by: Mike Petraglia on Sun, 12/29/2013 - 12:44pm

FOXBORO — The knee injury that has clearly slowed down Brandon Spikes will require surgery after the season, according to a report from the Boston Globe.

Spikes, the lead run-stopping linebacker on the Patriots defense, has been hobbled since the middle of the season. He has been on the team’s injury report for several weeks with a knee injury. The Globe’s Shalise Manza Young reports the knee issue is a ligament tear that will require injury.

Spikes most active game came on Oct. 6 against the Bengals when he made 22 tackles (coaches grade) and picked off Andy Dalton once in a 13-6 loss in Cincinnati.

‘€œAnd when I’€™m out there, my adrenaline is pumping and the thrill of it, but it’€™s part of the game. That’€™s what makes this game so good ‘€” you’€™ve got to be able to play through pain.’€�

Spikes is third on the Patriots with 48 solo tackles and 85 overall. Only Dont’a Hightower and Rob Ninkovich have more.

Spikes is playing his heart out for this team. The rash of injuries is tough to fathom, I hope he makes it through the post season. Him Hightower and Nink are the 3 leading tacklers on this team!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Spikes to have knee surgery after season

"The Globe’s Shalise Manza Young reports the knee issue is a ligament tear that will require injury."

I'm no doctor, but I would think surgery is the way to go.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yeah, this sucks.

He isn't the fastest guy as it is, this isn't good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

he looks like a shell of himself right now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spikes is a gamer.  Another nice draft pick.  Maybe this helps in resigning him?  1year prove it deal?

[/QUOTE]

Somebody will pay him I'm sure of it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

its sad when a hobbled spikes looks better than Hightower vs. the run. i get Dont'a isnt in the right 'position' but still. come on

but thats also a testement to the kind of player spikes is. i really like him and hope he comes back

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wonder how much Belichick likes Spikes telling a reporter he has a ligament tear a week before the playoffs begin? Probably as much as he liked him "working out" in Florida to work on his "coverage skills". LOL!

Most players don't go telling reporters how they're playing through injury - it's kind of a code type of thing...a NOT making excuses type of thing...a, I'm not going to talk about it, we are ALL playing hurt right now, type of thing.

This guy has a picture of his team tattooed on his butt...it's his own face.

I like this guy, but I don't like him at the same time. This is not your typical Patriot player we are talking about here and he will be gone after the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE] 

Spikes is playing his heart out for this team. The rash of injuries is tough to fathom, I hope he makes it through the post season. Him Hightower and Nink are the 3 leading tacklers on this team! 

[/QUOTE]

Yet another injury. Unbelievable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Unreal.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spikes is a gamer.  Another nice draft pick.  Maybe this helps in resigning him?  1year prove it deal?

[/QUOTE]

"Nice"?  Strange how your definition of nice changes when talking about average players on the Pats.