Sporting News picks Jets to win it all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Sporting News picks Jets to win it all

NFL yearbook season is upon us. One of the most influential, from The Sporting News, hit newsstands Tuesday with a forecast that will make New York Jets fans happy.

The Sporting News predicts
    the Jets will win the AFC East with a 13-3 record, have the No. 1 playoff seed and beat the Dallas Cowboys on their home field in the Super Bowl.

"I came here to win," Jets head coach Rex Ryan told The Sporting News. "I didn't come here to be average. I'm going to be held to those standards. Did you deliver a championship? I'm man enough to go for it, where a lot of guys aren't."

Miami Dolphins
    owner Stephen Ross was man enough to say his team would reach the Super Bowl. The Sporting News, however, pegs the Dolphins with a losing record.

The venerable publication has the
    New England Patriots returning to the playoffs, but losing to the Indianapolis Colts in the first round.

The
    Buffalo Bills are projected to finish with fewer victories than only the Cleveland Browns, but in a group that includes two other three-win teams.

The Sporting News' projected final AFC East standings:

• New York Jets: 13-3
    • New England Patriots: 10-6
    • Miami Dolphins: 7-9
    • Buffalo Bills: 3-13

I am really pumped up now. Many of these 'pundits' and 'experts' are not giving us a chance  at division title, let alone SB. I think this is the best possible out come for us. We are the underdogs and these articles gives BB and TB and co., enough motivation to go to the distance. Jets are going for broke this year. They have hired mercenaries like Cromartie and Taylor, who are looking for one shot of glory. I really think that we have a good locker room chemistry with a mix of veterans and rookies.
    GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Sporting News picks Jets to win it all

why do i get the feeling that the sporting news is a NY based rag? They wouldn't just be trying to sell magazines, would they?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Sporting News picks Jets to win it all:
    why do i get the feeling that the sporting news is a NY based rag? They wouldn't just be trying to sell magazines, would they?
    Posted by unclealfie
    Actually I think they are based out of St.Louis,but for what it's worth they don't get many predictions right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

im sure they predicted the saints to win the superbowl this time last year....
    these things mean nothing

by the way, have you guys seen Albert Breers fake twitter account?
    its some pretty funny stuff

heres the link:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

if the phins have a losing record and have less injuries than they did last year...ill eat my ricky williams jersey...both of them in fact...not gonna happen, no way, no how

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Don't care about it right now. Predictions are like bu##-holes, everyone's got one. They won't win 13. More like 10

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

13 - 3 with that schedule??  If they win that many games with a schedule like that then I'm Rex Ryan's dietician. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

if brady doesnt get signed...

have no fear, if brady doesnt get signed because of the 30% contract rule, then the worst case scenario is that he will get franchised come february, and then hell get the rightful extension.  0% chance that brady walks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Sporting News picks Jets to win it all : Actually I think they are based out of St.Louis,but for what it's worth they don't get many predictions right.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

They're actually based out of Charlotte, NC but my point was that they seem to be NY based the way they pander to the NY media market. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

Look at the 2003-2004 seasons of the Pats. People had wrote them off after losing in 02. They love it when people write them off. Because they always come back and have a great season again.

So, we have 07 as a very good year (minus the SB that is).

08 with Cassell was fair

09--and going back to the playoffs

Now it is time to get back to situational football this year. This is the Pats year to come back and shove it in the Jets face. Mainly Revis and Ryans.

However, I do wish we had back some of those great guys we had in 03-04. Some awesome players back then in Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, McGinist, Branch,Troy Brown. Wow~what happened to players like that.

Aside from Welker and Moss (Brady is a given) who else that compares to those guys of the past.

At any rate Pats take the AFC Championship again this year. Just watch. We own the AFC EAST NOT the jets or dolphins. Don't care who they have on there team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

" Don't care about it right now. Predictions are like bu##-holes, everyone's got one. They won't win 13. More like 10"

Couldn't agree more!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Clifton Brown wrote this article. Yet he claims it's from:

"After picking the brains of NFL scouts, coaches and players, Sporting News' panel of experts debated the merits of the contenders and demerits of the pretenders. Our Super Bowl 45 pick: Jets over Cowboys."

Some of this so-called analysis:

"2. Romo rising. He cut down on turnovers last year and then won a playoff game, and now he has another weapon in Dez Bryant. Drew Brees was the QB who made a statement last season; Romo is next."

and...

"3. Hunger helps. They lost to Miami twice last year, finished second to New England in the division and fell just short of the Super Bowl. It's payback time."

What NFL scouts said this? I can see why this panel of "experts" is anonymous.

If you want to say the Jets will win it all, fine. At least back it up with some stats, trends, and a mention of strengths and weaknesses.

TSN should be ashamed to try to pass opinionated junk as "analysis".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

NY Jets, NY Jets, The flavor of the month. Come and get it while it lasts!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Oh good, last year they picked the Steelers and they didn't even make the playoffs. Be nice if it gets to their heads or in Rex Ryan's case his gut. This year the target is going to be on their backs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Oh good, last year they picked the Steelers and they didn't even make the playoffs. Be nice if it gets to their heads or in Rex Ryan's case his gut. This year the target is going to be on their backs.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

Actually, they picked the 13-3 Pats to lose to the Giants in the super Bowl.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-08-30/2009-nfl-preview-playoff-predictions

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

They're the media darlings right now. Sanchez has to have a career year, Cromartie has to return to pro-bowl form, Greene and Tomlinson have to be as good as Jones and Washington, Edwards has to cure the dropsies, and fatface has to shut up long enough to take his foot out his mouth. So yeah, they do have some question marks. And they have to stay healthy like everyone else.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

They're the media darlings right now. Sanchez has to have a career year, Cromartie has to return to pro-bowl form, Greene and Tomlinson have to be as good as Jones and Washington, Edwards has to cure the dropsies, and fatface has to shut up long enough to take his foot out his mouth. So yeah, they do have some question marks. And they have to stay healthy like everyone else.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

The big question mark is Sanchez. From all reports, he has improved a great deal as most QBs that play in their rookie year do.  With the addition of Homes and LT, it sure looks like they intend to throw more.  I read an interesting article recently about Edwards and drops.  He actually wasn't rated too bad.  In fact, Moss was worse in terms of percentages.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I guess there's no reason to play the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

I'm just glad that we don't open the season against the Ravens.  That's a tough game to start off with.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

They are good BUT NOT THat good

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

All this talk places a lot of pressure on the Jets doesn't it?  Let's see how they handle it.  I hope someone else talks them up.  With this schedule the losses can come very easily and as they mount how will the Jets respond?  It's going to be an interesting season for the NFL East.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Well, Jets are going for broke this year. If they can't cash the checks that Rex Ryan's mouth is writing, then they will have no credibility left. Lets hope Pats embarass them like a red headed step child!