Stadium noise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Stadium noise

The crowd is usually pretty quiet. But yesterday was not bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Stadium design is a lame excuse. 

The #1 reason is sustained success over a decade or more.  Same thing happened to the Celtics in the Bird years.  By his last year the crowd noise inside the Garden was nothing like the first year.   When teams are reallly good every year season ticket renewal is 95+%.  When that happens the fans in attendance get older.  Older fans don't get as rowdy.  If we were privy to the demographics we'd see the Pats season ticket holders are among the oldest in the NFL.  Simple as that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The #1 reason is sustained success over a decade or more.  Same thing happened to the Celtics in the Bird years.  By his last year the crowd noise inside the Garden was nothing like the first year.   When teams are reallly good every year season ticket renewal is 95+%.  When that happens the fans in attendance get older.  Older fans don't get as rowdy.  If we were privy to the demographics we'd see the Pats season ticket holders are among the oldest in the NFL.  Simple as that.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting and could have some truth to it, though if that's the case Lambeau should be the quietest stadium ever (and having been there many times, I'd say it's not--maybe because all the tickets have now been passed on to children and grandchildren by now).  

At the same time, I wouldn't dismiss stadium design in Foxboro.  It's not a good stadium for sound.  Have you been to a game there yet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting and could have some truth to it, though if that's the case Lambeau should be the quietest stadium ever (and having been there many times, I'd say it's not--maybe because all the tickets have now been passed on to children and grandchildren by now).  

At the same time, I wouldn't dismiss stadium design in Foxboro.  It's not a good stadium for sound.  Have you been to a game there yet?

[/QUOTE]

Packer tickets have been passed on for sure.  It takes about 25 years though when the team has had sustained success as they have.

Yeah I've been to Foxboro plenty.   The old stadium was louder and it sure wasn't because of accoustical design.  It coulda also been freezing your butt off on aluminum seats makes you more raucous.   Younger people also drink more which contributes to the overall rowdiness (good and bad).  The Giants have had an older crowd for 20+ years and they are relatively quiet, even with good teams.

Heck, look at the Red Sox crowd.  Their in the freaking WS and there are times you could hear the ushers selling their wares.  Tickets are expensive; so much so, that a large percentage of the attendance is wealthy, older guys.  The noise level at Fenway is a fraction of what it was in the 70's when the Sox were just becoming fashionable again.  Same venue.  If anything the tweaks they've made would keep the sound inside.  But it's quieter/older.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a combination of:

1)  Massively expensive tickets, so you end up with wealthy white collar fans, not die hards who have been tailgating for 10 hours before the game. 

and

2)  We're spoiled by the past 10 years of great success, and expect the Pats to win every game in a dominant fashion.  We've seen 3 awesome Super Bowl champs, plus even the 2007 team, which destroyed every team by 50 points.  Scraping out a win at home against the Dolphins, which fans would have gone crazy for 25 years ago, now isn't nearly as satisfying. 

Fans in KC and Seattle are loud because they've never won anything.  It's new and crazy for their diehard fans. 

For us, if the Pats don't win by 20+, we're ticked off about it.  Just human nature.  

[/QUOTE]

this is simply false...the fans at the stadium apprciate good football played and hard work/effort, and ALWAYS let the team know how much it appreciates that. the fans also do get noisy at key spots in the game, always making it hard for the other team to audible. on the flip side, for the first time in a LOOOOONG time, the fans are letting the team know when they dont appreciate the play on the field

I concur, it is not a fan base that lifts a team out of the doldrums and wills them to better play...

true, this is not Seatle or KC, going crazy for 60 minutes. I have always thought that was due to our fans intelligence as opposed to their fans lack thereof...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lack there of. Yesterday was pitful in the first half. I wish all of the people that have tix who don't want to support the team turn them in and give to people who would actually go to the game and yell like crazy.

[/QUOTE]

The problem with the noise in Gilette stadium is attributed to the design and the fact the club level seats are front and center.  Half of the club level seat holders do not even come to their seats

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I stand by my earlier comment. Certainly a fan attending a game does not make that fan a better fan than one who is not attending. But the attending fan's behaviour is certainly not open to criticism from those who dont attend...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Tough to be loud when the place was designed for the club seat season tix holders. If a drop of rain or below 60 degrees they are all inside leaving a good part of the seats on both sides of the 20 yard line empty......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I gave up my seats when they went from 89 a game to 117 a game. For dad and I that was 234 for tickets, parking an additional 40, and a few beers and burgers to grill, and gas back and forth its a 350 day. Also the Pats success made going to gmes tough. The last year I had tickets, Pats played 1 game at 1 pm, all the rest were 4:15, or Monday and Sunday nighters

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tough to be loud when the place was designed for the club seat season tix holders. If a drop of rain or below 60 degrees they are all inside leaving a good part of the seats on both sides of the 20 yard line empty......

[/QUOTE]

It is absolutely ridiculous how empty those seats are after halftime. they take almost half of the 3rd qtr before they start going back to their seats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The stadium is actually not designed for noise, the open end keeps it down a bit. Plus with the cost of going to a game today the majority are from the grey poupon crowd and it's a bit more civil than it was before Kraft took over.

[/QUOTE]

It's called winning!  The Grey Poupon crowd come out in big time fashion for winners.  The minute you start losing you get your cheap seats with plenty of space around you.