Stanley Morgan: Forgotten man!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Stanley Morgan: Forgotten man!!!

With Jim Rice finally getting his due, I thought it was time to take a look at one particular Patriot who has been similarly overlooked for HOF considerations.In an era when Wr's weren't routinely catching 100 plus balls a season,Stanley Morgan ranked equally with some of the best to have played the game and have already been inducted into Pro Footballs greatest shrine.Let the numbers do the talking and see if you agree.
    John Stallworth  Lynn Swann  James Lofton  Charlie Joiner  Stanley Morgan
    rec:        537         336              764                  750                557
    yds:    8,723         5467         14,004            12,146           10,716
    tds:      63              51               75                    65                    72
    ypc      16.2         16.3           18.3                 16.2              (19.2)
    years  14yrs       9yrs           16yrs              18yrs             14yrs
    pro bowl  4            3                     8                3                    4

Stanley Morgan's 19.2 ypc average would place him 3rd behind only Paul Warfield's 20.1 and Bob Hayes 20.0 ypc of all wr's currently in the HOF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: Stanley Morgan: Forgotten man!!!

I still remember a great play ( among many ) he made. Caught a pass in the end zone from Tony Eason ( gasp ), got hit up into the air, fell and bounced on the Giants Stadium concrete like a rubber ball and held on to the pass for a TD.
    I think he was generally regarded by the media as an afterthought in those days. Like the rest of the team. I always thought he was as good as any WR of his time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

In Response to Stanley Morgan: Forgotten man!!!:
    [QUOTE]With Jim Rice finally getting his due, I thought it was time to take a look at one particular Patriot who has been similarly overlooked for HOF considerations.In an era when Wr's weren't routinely catching 100 plus balls a season,Stanley Morgan ranked equally with some of the best to have played the game and have already been inducted into Pro Footballs greatest shrine.Let the numbers do the talking and see if you agree. John Stallworth  Lynn Swann  James Lofton  Charlie Joiner  Stanley Morgan rec:        537         336              764                  750                557 yds:    8,723         5467         14,004            12,146           10,716 tds:      63              51               75                    65                    72 ypc      16.2         16.3           18.3                 16.2              (19.2) years  14yrs       9yrs           16yrs              18yrs             14yrs pro bowl  4            3                     8                3                    4 Stanley Morgan's 19.2 ypc average would place him 3rd behind only Paul Warfield's 20.1 and Bob Hayes 20.0 ypc of all wr's currently in the HOF.
    Posted by mojobag101[/QUOTE]

I've never checked Stanleys' stats. More than impressive. Nice job mojobag101.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One of the very best WR's in the history of the game! I would also wish that Darryl Stingley had played an entire career,because his numbers could have been mind altering.Stanley Steamer Morgan was an elite pass catcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steveleary. Show steveleary's posts

and I smile at the memories of the red jerseyed #14 throwing to the 'steamer'!

this is a great example of how being a great player on a lousy team often means not being credited with your talent.

seeing the number of Steelers from their SB era in the HOF is very telling vs the stats put up (see Lynn Swann). I expect the Pats of the BB era will also reap HOF benefits while some very deserving Patriot players from past continue to miss the deserved recognition including Morgan, Nellie, Gino....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Stanley's numbers speak for themselves. He definately deserves to be in the HOF. Greatest memory of #86 was the game winning TD vs the Dolphins in 86' that won us the division.