State of the Patriots - according to this forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

State of the Patriots - according to this forum

We have the worst possible GM - who can't draft

A HC coach that is an egomaniac and does not want to bring in any decent coordinators to help

Our offensive play calling is the worst - any of the forum readers / posters can do a better job blindfolded.

An owner that does not want to pay for talent

Outside of QB, this team does not have any talent. Most of our players will not even be backups in most of the other teams

Our QB is either elite or a choke artist

The people who post here are either d-bags, trolls, morons, pink hats, idiots, retards, juvenile, 12 year olds or 65 year olds - or all of the above.

Progrnosis - we are either going to go 16-0 and win the superbowl or 7-9 and miss the playoffs.

Did I miss anything?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: State of the Patriots - according to this forum

yes, complaining about having a sports board to post on.

having opinons about your team, what they did and what they should do is what a sports forum is for. to expect something else is, well, not thought out.

opinons will vary. thats what the world is about. 

what we do without is the personal attacks from one to another.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

if your post is mereley for humor and not meant to be taken seriously, i can see the humor in it....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pretty much sums up most internet forums.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wait I thought forum opinions where like a globe. If you are negative enough you'd eventually loop around to the ultra positive spectrum

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

PatsFanInBA2..  just wait and everything you said will change!!  This place can be like a chameleon, right?  Pats win a big game and it is all love and kisses!  They lose, or barely win, and they s**k!!  Isn't that what being a fan is all about?  Exhileration followed by abject sorrow followed by exhileration again then sorrow.  And we thought a see-saw gooes up and down a lot!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The OP reads like any and all of Rusty's 600 daily posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The OP reads like any and all of Rusty's 600 daily posts.

Hahaha! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

PatsFanInBA2..  just wait and everything you said will change!!  This place can be like a chameleon, right?  Pats win a big game and it is all love and kisses!  They lose, or barely win, and they s**k!!  Isn't that what being a fan is all about?  Exhileration followed by abject sorrow followed by exhileration again then sorrow.  And we thought a see-saw gooes up and down a lot!!!

You speak the truth agcsbill!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I don't think the problem is difference of opinions; the problem is the constant derailment of the conversation into name calling, personal attacks and nothing to do with the subject at hand. I rarely see a conversation past page one of items that is a serious discussion on the subject raised. By the end of the first page it turns into.. troll… stupid so and so…. Go back to your cave and back and forth responses with long copies of the entire post that derails the conversation into a bunch of BS…..

I think if people would just allow that differences of opinions lead to better solutions and that we all come from a different perspective then the forum would return to form and be a place that was enjoyable to visit.

I come here to see different perspectives, to sometimes get news faster than searching the entire web and also to see the passion and different views everyone has. I hate seeing a conversation derailed and railroaded into playground type “your mama is…” oh yeah well “you are an ape…” blah blah blah

Converse, object, push back but it is not personal and it is all for the passion of the team.

Ignore those that you think are trolls or just here to put a finger in your chest and they will go away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

I don't think the problem is difference of opinions; the problem is the constant derailment of the conversation into name calling, personal attacks and nothing to do with the subject at hand. I rarely see a conversation past page one of items that is a serious discussion on the subject raised. By the end of the first page it turns into.. troll… stupid so and so…. Go back to your cave and back and forth responses with long copies of the entire post that derails the conversation into a bunch of BS…..

I think if people would just allow that differences of opinions lead to better solutions and that we all come from a different perspective then the forum would return to form and be a place that was enjoyable to visit.

I come here to see different perspectives, to sometimes get news faster than searching the entire web and also to see the passion and different views everyone has. I hate seeing a conversation derailed and railroaded into playground type “your mama is…” oh yeah well “you are an ape…” blah blah blah

Converse, object, push back but it is not personal and it is all for the passion of the team.

Ignore those that you think are trolls or just here to put a finger in your chest and they will go away.

Well said, one can only imagi e such a perfect world.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

KNOW RUSTY-NO PEACE

NO RUSTY-KNOW PEACE

Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shadowmocha. Show shadowmocha's posts

The truth hurts.Its about time someone told the truth.Not all are idiots.But there is a lot of them here.Some of the stuff i read here.Just makes a lot of people sick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't post in a lot of internet forums but I do post on a few from time to time.  In my experience the forums pretty much reflect what we see in people in real life, perhaps a bit more intense but generally reflective of the personality of the poster.  Some people have difficulty having a difference of opinion without making it personal.  Others are easily offended by what others may see as a perfectly harmless comment.  What makes matters difficult here is that pretty much all of us are passionate Pats fans and we want the best for our team.  When things don't go the way we want them to some of the less attractive aspects of our personalities translate into some pretty pessimistic posts.

And I'm not really any different from anyone else.  I have my moments wherein I post some things that later on result in me asking myself "What the ^&$* was I thinking?"

In the final analysis it's simply a sports forum.    Not really worth going to DEFCON 1 over whether Welker dropped it or Brady botched the throw.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

re: "I don't think the problem is difference of opinions; the problem is the constant derailment of the conversation into name calling, personal attacks"

the only problem i see and have called it out (threaded) on a few occasions. 

however i also notice many allow incessant egregious behaviour to have no consequences by rewarding such behavior by acting as if it (abusive behavior) is ok (and continuing to repond to the recidivest perpetrator.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

right on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

if your post is mereley for humor and not meant to be taken seriously, i can see the humor in it....

It was mostly for humor - was trying to summarize what I have been reading over the last ~2 months ...a little humorously.

As bilbo stated earlier in this thread, it is indeed sad when

1. We go to extremes (me included) and not analyze things a bit rationally. The bads are never too bad and the goods are never too good. I realize this is easier said than done.

2. The discussions turn into personal name calling back-and-forth that occupies 80% of the threads..

It is indeed nice that we finally got the ignore button back. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatFanInBA2's comment:

We have the worst possible GM - who can't draft

A HC coach that is an egomaniac and does not want to bring in any decent coordinators to help

Our offensive play calling is the worst - any of the forum readers / posters can do a better job blindfolded.

An owner that does not want to pay for talent

Outside of QB, this team does not have any talent. Most of our players will not even be backups in most of the other teams

Our QB is either elite or a choke artist

The people who post here are either d-bags, trolls, morons, pink hats, idiots,  juvenile, 12 year olds or 65 year olds - or all of the above.

Progrnosis - we are either going to go 16-0 and win the superbowl or 7-9 and miss the playoffs.

Did I miss anything?

yes, you did. you missed the part where a good group of us that see this team as a top 5 team, SB contender, expertly managed and coached team, with a wealth of depth, needs another 2-3 playmakers on either side of the ball.

The team has managed to expertly maneuver the salary cap, and has created the dollars needed to secure those 2-3 playmakers, but so far hasn't.

I think every great player will have ups and downs, but for the most part, TB, Vince, Gronk, Wes and maybe Talib, Hernandez  and Mayo are/were actual playmakers. Wes is gone. Vince is playing a lot of snaps. Maybe Amendola is a playmaker, dont know yet.

The draft in the late first round will most likely not secure a playmaker, but solid depth (at least in the first season). Any WR or DT chosen, most likely will be a rotational player this year, and to expect them to come in and make plays is not fair.

Free agency offered an opportunity to secure a playmaker. Not break the bank, but get another player that would join TB, Vince, Gronk...and hopefully Amendola and Hernandez and Ridley and Vereenj break into the group this year...

The $$$ were available in free agency to put this team over the top...but the trigger was not pulled...instead opting for more depth.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

The $$$ were available in free agency to put this team over the top...but the trigger was not pulled...instead opting for more depth.

You make it sound like this is out of character for this team. They have a philosophy/strategy and stay disciplined to the goal.

To be fair each strategy... spending on big ticket FA's and building depth can be argued as the correct strategy. The problem with us the fans is that we are fustrated in our perception that the current approach is a failure.

As Pat's fans we have to realize that as long as Brady is the QB depth building will continue to be the main approach.

What I think Rkarp is referring to is not so much the big ticket FA's or even just depth building but wanting to do a combination. Bring in some talent (doesn't have to be big tickets but better then depth talent) as well as supplementing it with depth signings. Ie, Washington, Wilson, Jenkins all good low cost depth/upgrade signings but why not continue to build on that with another starting caliber CB signing or a better WR signing then just Jones. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

You make it sound like this is out of character for this team. They have a philosophy/strategy and stay disciplined to the goal.

To be fair each strategy... spending on big ticket FA's and building depth can be argued as the correct strategy. The problem with us the fans is that we are fustrated in our perception that the current approach is a failure.

As Pat's fans we have to realize that as long as Brady is the QB depth building will continue to be the main approach.

some of us are not frustrated in our perception that the approach is a failure. I commend the approach. but once every 3rd year to reach in the draft (trade into the top 5) for a playmaker would not upset the philosophy.

regarding free agency, would the free agents signed last year, all whom have been cut except Gregory and Fells (soon to be imo), mean the team is admitting last years free agent signings was a failure?

is moving your best cb to S admitting failure

is playing Edelman in the defensive backfield out of desperation admitting failure..

the team has set the bar at winning the SB...I wont apologize for wanting the same goal, and opining on it here at BDC. SOme criticize me for being negative, but if the stated goal is the SB, and that is what the owners, coaches, players also have as the goal, I dont think the fans should settle for getting close every year.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

What I think Rkarp is referring to is not so much the big ticket FA's or even just depth building but wanting to do a combination. Bring in some talent (doesn't have to be big tickets but better then depth talent) as well as supplementing it with depth signings. Ie, Washington, Wilson, Jenkins all good low cost depth/upgrade signings but why not continue to build on that with another starting caliber CB signing or a better WR signing then just Jones. 

I think and it is only an opinion... they would tell you that is exactly what they did. They most likely would say signing talib, Vollmer and Amendola is the equivolent of signing big ticket guys. whether you agree or disagree with that it is most likely their stance.

As a fan I am on the fence with how they conduct business. I would have loved them to bring in Jennings and another top line CB (pick one) but I understand the NFL season is a war of attrition and depth is a total must in the NFL.

but the Pats were to say this, it would not be fact. they signed Talib a contract based on his potential for problems (physical and mental)...ditto Vollmer.

again, I am not looking for Mario Williams or Peppers signings....but I am also not looking for Jenkins and Jones signings either