Stay AWAY from the ledge... only Game #3!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Stay AWAY from the ledge... only Game #3!

Call it what you want, the Pats are only into game #3 of this season.  Unfortunately, the D decided to go back in time after two promising games.  I see all the pink hats out there just screaming at the TV.  The Ravens ARE a good team and the Pats beat the spread and, unfortunately, lef the game for all but the last 2 seconds.  Them's the breaks.  Until next game folks.. GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Stay AWAY from the ledge... only Game #3!

The Pats should still make the playoffs but to be honest the offense looks much worse than last year while the defense got undressed and spanked tonight. The Pats are still better than the Jets, Bills and Dolphins I think but this team usually is playing for first round byes, not 10-6.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Im not sure about our d regressing.  Looked like every time they got near Flacco, they got massively held, REAL OBVIOUS stuff, and not called at all.  But I don't like digging a hole early, in our division or against other likely playoff contenders.  Silly loss when you drop three ints and get no points two different times when 3 would have kept it a win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Well, these 2 losses were winable. Getting beat at home last week with only 1TD on the boards. And up 9 with 5 minutes to go and losing. Not good losses for sure especially when I think the Bills, and Jets won. So, there is some cause for concern. Not ledge material yet, but still cause for concerns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wait until tomorrow, antique...  this place will be crawling with jumpers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Agreed, Pats will be fine. But these refs have to go. I'm usually not one to complain about bad officiating, because I think it normally evens out for both sides. But it was horrendously one-sided against the Pats, with the call affecting big, momentum-changing drives.

Pats could have won this game by 14.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^..  but they didn't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^..  but they didn't.

[/QUOTE]

I meant with competent officiating. Two of the Ravens' TD drives were extended by bogus penalties. Torrey Smith pushed off on BOTH of his TD catches more than the PI called on McCourty or Edelman. Chandler Jones looked like he was being held on a meat hook.

But, you are correct, they didn't win, and that's all that matters.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Should I choose to jump, it will be while I'm holding Roger Goodell in a headlock. Could happen if I find the creep.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

no doubt just wish the D played better

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

It's only game 3, but will you say it's only game 4 if we lose to the Bills!?

Our secondary will cost us, just as it has the past 5-8 years!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

As long as our defense has no blitz packages, no imagination, no toughness, no deception - then yes, it is already a bad situation.

5 straight years with a boring vanilla defense that can't presssure the other team.

Name a team other than the patriots that NEVER blitzes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im not sure about our d regressing.  Looked like every time they got near Flacco, they got massively held, REAL OBVIOUS stuff, and not called at all.  But I don't like digging a hole early, in our division or against other likely playoff contenders.  Silly loss when you drop three ints and get no points two different times when 3 would have kept it a win.

[/QUOTE]

i agree. the dbs are not stellar but look worse than they are because flacco had time. flacco had time because of many holding non-calls. and on a critical sack, they called a hold on spikes when it was pita who held on to spikes' jersey after spikes released him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Our DBs are as good as 90% of the teams in teh NFL

We just have a vanilla, non-blitzing, soft defense BY DESIGN. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Bend but don't break doesn't work when you you bend to the limit and the team slips right by you. Sure you didn;t break and get blown out, but you still go bent over and given a good slap on the azz.

How BB sits back and watches this defense continue to be brought down by poor secondary play and lack of blitzing amazes me. Isn't he the master schemer?