Stedman Bailey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Stedman Bailey

Stedman Bailey isn’t the best wide receiver in this year’s draft class. Heck, he wasn’t even the best wide receiver on his team at West Virginia last year — that would be Tavon Austin. But that doesn’t mean Bailey can’t be a big-impact receiver in the NFL.

In three seasons with the Mountaineers, Bailey developed into one of the best pure receivers in the nation. His skills as a pass catcher blossomed along with his stats, becoming arguably the most productive receiver in the NCAA last season.

His long and successful relationship with high school teammate and West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith likely helped his breakout, but Bailey has evolved into much more than just one of Smith’s toys.

Bailey is a very smart, reliable receiver with a penchant for finding the end zone. He was as consistent as any receiver in college football, catching better than 77 percent of his targets and scoring seven more touchdowns (25) than the next best receiver last season.

Oh yeah, and remember how the Patriots missed out on Greg Jennings back in 2006? Well, Bailey’s best NFL comparison might be to the new Minnesota Vikings receiver and the Patriots aren’t ones to make the same mistake twice. So, this might be a more likely scenario than some may think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWLXrlF8SE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Stedman Bailey

Good info, good video.

Nfl combine section grades him as a 79. 

More info..

Analysis Strengths

Extremely productive. Showcases tremendous physicality in his routes. Uses his hands and body to create separation. Excellent body control. Very reliable target, volume catcher. Soft hands, can make plays off of his frame. Smart receiver who is adept at finds holes and picking up the first down. Tracks the football well over his shoulder and adjusts his body in order to make difficult catches. Competitive.

Weaknesses

Lacks ideal size, both in terms of height and bulk. Not an overly explosive athlete. Doesn't change directions with suddenness. Likely won't run a blazing 40 yard dash. Often times most of the attention of the defense was given to teammate and fellow wide receiver Tavon Austin.

NFL Comparison

Greg Jennings

Bottom Line

Bailey lacks the ideal size and speed of an outside receiver. However, what Bailey lacks in terms of measurables, he makes up for with reliable hands, physicality, and superb body control. He will likely be selected on the second day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

This is MB's boy. As more people look at Austin they will see Bailey. MB was the first to say he has 1st round talent.  I think with positive momentum going into the draft he will be a top 40 pick and maybe 1st rd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

This is MB's boy. As more people look at Austin they will see Bailey. MB was the first to say he has 1st round talent.  I think with positive momentum going into the draft he will be a top 40 pick and maybe 1st rd.

Yeah man, might be the most underrated offensive player in this entire class.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Good info, good video.

Nfl combine section grades him as a 79. 

More info..

Analysis Strengths

Extremely productive. Showcases tremendous physicality in his routes. Uses his hands and body to create separation. Excellent body control. Very reliable target, volume catcher. Soft hands, can make plays off of his frame. Smart receiver who is adept at finds holes and picking up the first down. Tracks the football well over his shoulder and adjusts his body in order to make difficult catches. Competitive.

Weaknesses

Lacks ideal size, both in terms of height and bulk. Not an overly explosive athlete. Doesn't change directions with suddenness. Likely won't run a blazing 40 yard dash. Often times most of the attention of the defense was given to teammate and fellow wide receiver Tavon Austin.

NFL Comparison

Greg Jennings

Bottom Line

Bailey lacks the ideal size and speed of an outside receiver. However, what Bailey lacks in terms of measurables, he makes up for with reliable hands, physicality, and superb body control. He will likely be selected on the second day.

give me all thaT PLUS SOOME SIZe; i like hopkins and or da rick rogers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

west virginia plays a lot of weak teams.

hopkins hihlights show him ripping balls in a lot more traffic (much more contested balls) with 2 and 3 defenders right there. (not that bailey is bad).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

west virginia plays a lot of weak teams.

hopkins hihlights show him ripping balls in a lot more traffic (much more contested balls) with 2 and 3 defenders right there. (not that bailey is bad).

WVU plays in the Big 12, were he shredded Texas and Oklahoma and also gave LSU/Morris Claiborne all they/he could handle in 2011.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I like Bailey and would compare him to Greg Jennings I just want more size. It's the one element Brady's rarely had (Moss being an exception). It's why I've been in the Rogers camp, but if they took Bailey I'd be pretty happy about that too