Steeler Fan Is Impressed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed

Twix~ don't pay Pats1966 any mind he's has a dooosh that everyone hates here.
    But Ty Warren, Bodden, Faulk are not average.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Yup, I read more than I post here. I have been on this site 4-5 in the past two weeks. This 1966 guy has been arguing with someone every time I come on this site.

People shouldn't think of him as representative of alll NE people. If so, I would have moved from here a long time ago.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Thanks for the compliment Twix. I think there's a very good chance we will meet again, hopefully this time in Foxboro!

By the way, how someone can take his original post and turn it around on him is kinda funny, regardless of how it may have been worded. I mean, after us beating the Jets last night 45-3, did you really think the Steeler fan was coming onto our board to make sarcastic remarks about us? Are you that insecure?

Personally, I enjoy talking (respectfully) to other team's fans, because it gives you perspective, and if you just tried to refrain from arguing about everything, you'd realize that some of them are actually pretty good and loyal fans themselves. Go figure.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the compliment Twix. I think there's a very good chance we will meet again, hopefully this time in Foxboro! By the way, how someone can take his original post and turn it around on him is kinda funny, regardless of how it may have been worded. I mean, after us beating the Jets last night 45-3, did you really think the Steeler fan was coming onto our board to make sarcastic remarks about us? Are you that insecure? Personally, I enjoy talking (respectfully) to other team's fans, because it gives you perspective, and if you just tried to refrain from arguing about everything, you'd realize that some of them are actually pretty good and loyal fans themselves. Go figure.....
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I'll try one last time to explain it to you and others; if you still don't get it, I give up.

The first paragraph in the original post starts off like a compliment. But, in the second paragraph, our good Twix says:

"I'm not sure I would want to play the Pats again with a totally healthy Steeler team let alone the make shift one we have now."

Now, some will see this as a compliment, too, but what he is really saying is:

"Gosh, Pats fans, you guys beat our B-team...after watching the game Monday night, shucks...you might even be able to beat our A-team. I'm impressed!"

On hearing that, my response to him is:

"Hey, dude, that was OUR B-team that beat the Steelers and the Jets. Our best cornerback, our best defensive end, two of our starting offensive linemen, our best kicker, our third saftety, et cetera, et cetera, are all on injured reserve. In fact, far more of our A-team players were unavailable than yours."

In other words, if you're going to compliment us, do so fairly, evenhandedly, without the qualifying excuse that contorts your compliment into an insult.

When called out on this, our good friend Twix resorted to calling our injured starters "average"; yet Bodden, Warren, Gostowski, et al are better than the guys currently on the field...you know, the ones he is supposed to be complimenting.

For anyone who still cannot understand this point, there is nothing more I can say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed : You'll be dealt with.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

"You'll be dealt with."  I'm laughing like you read about as this is about the 3rd or 4th time I've seen you post this type of "threat."  A regular internet tough guy eh Patsy1966.  You do realize many folks on this form have chastised you for your over-the-top posts, but I'm not gonna do it.  No one has to tell a deer to run gracefully, it just does.  No one has to tell you you're classless, you just are.  Funny think is, you're so clueless, you probably think you're clever.  And that's a hoot.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed : You my friend are exactly why the rest of the sports world views Boston fans as obnoxious and arrogant.  You take a compliment and twist it so you can mouth off.  And here I thought the NY fans were the worst. BTW...your IR list is pretty much average players.  Ours is mostly our A players.
    Posted by Twix016[/QUOTE]

Umm, I think he was pointing out BB uses a bend/don't break zone D, where the yards allowed in the passing game is really an example of BB experimenting during games earlier in the year with leads.

You can disagree with this theory, but I think it's true.

Like I keep saying, throw the stats out the window. Don't look at stat sheets. He channels all the players and their skill sets and tries to hareness it into one big thing.

This how he does it.

It's nothing new.   Fans of other teams look at stat sheets and Pro Bowl nods, we look at wins and hopefully SB rings.

It's not arrogant, it's just fun to watch.  You have to watch Pats teams to appreciate them.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

Okay let's put this to bed once and for all.

To all you Pats fans (except 1966).  I truly respect your team and I'm sorry if you felt I was making excuses for losing to the Pats.  I am certain that the Steelers would have lost even if we were 100% healthy.  I hope we don't have to meet you in the playoffs.  Your team is very scary. 

To Patsfan1966....your team is a joke.  If only we could have played you with our "A" players.  We would have kicked your butts all over the field.  Your QB is nothing but a crybaby anytime he gets hit.  I can't wait to see you crying after we beat you in the playoffs.  Sealed

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed : You still haven't produced that list of HOF bound Squeelers that are on IR.

I don't have time....I'm on my way to Kmart to buy a life!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Twix~thanks we (the normal Pats fans) appreciate your sentiments.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed : Well, considereing I haven't gone to jail or killed anyone, I guess they did a crappy job.

I guess if that was the low mark they were trying to reach, then I entirely understand how they missed the finer points of being a decent person. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed : I know they did terrible: neither finished high school and I have earned three degrees.  I just couldn't climb up to their standards.

Everyone on the Internet has three degrees. I would like to ask, just how much karate do you know? Are you a 27th or 32nd degree Super Black belt?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.