Steeler or Not, I feel bad for DeCastro.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Steeler or Not, I feel bad for DeCastro.

Steelers first-round pick David DeCastro was carted off the field with a right knee injury in the first quarter of Saturday night's preseason game.

He was immediately declared "out" for the game. The rookie right guard went down in a heap near Pittsburgh's goal line, and a Bills defender appeared to roll over the back of his right leg. DeCastro was in a ton of pain, writhing and holding his head after the injury. Second-round LT Mike Adams has struggled mightily in August, so if DeCastro's injury is severe, the Steelers' alleged offseason offensive line upgrades aren't going to pan out as once hoped.

Tough break for the young man.  I'm sure he'll be ready to go next year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Steeler or Not, I feel bad for DeCastro.

Never like to see a guy hurt. And always want to see our guys beat the best our opponents can give us.  

Besides, I kind of like the Steelers. If I weren't a Pats fan, I'd probably be a Steelers fan.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The worst part about football - a guy's career can be over before it even begins and a team's plan can be ruined despite making all the right moves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am not a steelers fan, but liked that guy, very talented.  Hate to see anyone go down like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Is anything official? Steelers have a tendency to exaggerate injuries. Ben Roethlisburger gets carted off the field every game, comes back 3 plays later and then has is weekly press conference to describe all his booboos.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thank God Ben is still OK to troll bars for under age drunk girls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Tough loss for the Steelers.  I was a big fan of DeCastro's game in college.  Hope it's not serious for him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

In Response to Re: Steeler or Not, I feel bad for DeCastro.:
    [QUOTE]Thank God Ben is still OK to troll bars for under age drunk girls.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Really?

Do you want to read a bunch of "cheatriot" laden posts now? What did this injury have to do with the Steeler's QB. Come on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Is anything official? Steelers have a tendency to exaggerate injuries. Ben Roethlisburger gets carted off the field every game, comes back 3 plays later and then has is weekly press conference to describe all his booboos.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

NFL.com reports that Steelers rookie RG David DeCastro has damage to both his right ACL and MCL and will be out "awhile."

"Awhile" must be the nice way of putting it. DeCastro exited Ralph Wilson Stadium on crutches and in a bulky knee brace, and we're not expecting to see him play football this season. Coach Mike Tomlin acknowledged after the game that DeCastro's knee injury was "potentially severe." The Steelers will likely turn to Ramon Foster at right guard, with Willie Colon staying on the left side.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Is anything official? Steelers have a tendency to exaggerate injuries. Ben Roethlisburger gets carted off the field every game, comes back 3 plays later and then has is weekly press conference to describe all his booboos.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding... It's like he goes off on the cart and they're talking like he's done for the year, comes back 3 plays later and scrambles for a 20 yard gain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler or Not, I feel bad for DeCastro. : NFL.com reports that Steelers rookie RG David DeCastro has damage to both his right ACL and MCL and will be out "awhile." "Awhile" must be the nice way of putting it. DeCastro exited Ralph Wilson Stadium on crutches and in a bulky knee brace, and we're not expecting to see him play football this season. Coach Mike Tomlin acknowledged after the game that DeCastro's knee injury was "potentially severe." The Steelers will likely turn to Ramon Foster at right guard, with Willie Colon staying on the left side.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty bad and a lot like Brady's 2008 injury. Hope he makes it back on the starting 11 in 2013.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Thank God Ben is still OK to troll bars for under age drunk girls.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

and rape them. three and counting that we know of.
    as the media smiles next to him and maes nice in interviews (and the sports networks icludign espn and nfl network try to build him up as a nice guy who had some troubles "happen to him" in the past.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

by the way, i hate the steelers (though they have one of the better nfl organizations over the last forever...)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Never like to see a guy hurt. And always want to see our guys beat the best our opponents can give us.   Besides, I kind of like the Steelers. If I weren't a Pats fan, I'd probably be a Steelers fan.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

It's hard for me to like a team that has BOTH Rapelisthburger and James Harrison on the roster.

Tough break for them. I don't remember anyone (fans of other teams) crying when the Pats lost Brady or anyone else and while I don't cheer injuries, I won't be crying for this kid either.

He signed up to play football and is still rich. I don't see too much to feel bad about to be honest. Rehabbing injuries is never easy, but it's decidedly easier for a professional athlete than a regular person.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Roethlisberger is despicable, but I find it hard not to admire the Steelers' great history and the tough, blue collar brand of football that has characterized the team for decades. 

And yeah, injuries are part of the game and football players are well compensated and get the best possible rehabilitation, but I still feel bad for a kid who's worked hard to get to the top level of his sport and then, just as he arrives in the big leagues, gets a serious injury that puts his career on hold and possibly in jeopardy.  The money is nice, but it doesn't make the players immune to ordinary human emotions or undeserving of our compassion when they suffer a physical and emotional setback of this magnitude.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

See how you are?

Go living in Canada and get all 'decent'.

I don't disagree with anything you said, I guess I'm just a little more cold-hearted.

I'm split on PIT. On the one hand, I respect the things like you said. Some of those LB corps of the 90s are my favorite groups on any team in any year.

On the other hand, I'm no Lynn Swann fan, the steroid ommissions and attitudes about it from those 70s teams I find despicable.

Kordell Stewart and "what can I say, sometimes the best team doesn't always win" after losing to the Pats, at home, in 2001.

I know I shouldn't hold a franchise responsible for singular players, but when it's been a steady stream of guys that I tend to not only dislike, but find it hard to respect, it starts to cast a new light on the team to me.

If I remove Greg Lloyd, Levon Kirkland and Kevin Greene from my memory, I wouldn't have much good to say about them at all.

Jerome Bettis is another play I thought to be awfully pompous and arrogant. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but they cut one guy for a domestic incident, then James Harrison has a nearly identical one a month later, and they back him after making VERY strong statements about the team they are, and what they represent.

I DO, however, tend to like Steeler fans I meet. I'll never forget seeing a guy the day after the Steelers lost the SB a few years back in CT. Wearing Steeler sweatchirt and Hat after getting upset in the SB. That's a real fan, and I think that's the kind of fan that team has. I think they portray something publicly that isn't neccessarily followed through on behind closed doors.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler or Not, I feel bad for DeCastro. : and rape them. three and counting that we know of. as the media smiles next to him and maes nice in interviews (and the sports networks icludign espn and nfl network try to build him up as a nice guy who had some troubles "happen to him" in the past.)
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Same old bad karma for Boston teams from childish posters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Bad Karma?

Nothing anyone ever says about that slimy piece of garbage will ever result in bad Karma coming back.

Making TShirts celebrating the guy who hurt Brady on a dirty, though unintentional, hit? THAT will garner some bad juice.

Oh, and pointing out bad karma while calling the person childish is the kind of hypocrisy only a true moron would so willingly display.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]See how you are? Go living in Canada and get all 'decent'. 
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Ha! Some truth to that.  Cold weather, warm hearts . . .

Yeah, I agree about some of the players over the years.  But I think that's true of any team.  They have their good eggs and their bad ones.  Maybe it's what you mention that makes me like them too . . . their fans.  It's sort of like Green Bay.  It's a small, working class city and the fans are decent people who really get behind their teams with a lot of passion.  And the teams kind of have a tough, gritty personna even if they don't always play that style of football.  My first live NFL game was Steelers-Packers at Lambeau in December, so maybe that colours (Candian spellingWink) my perception of those two teams too.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

"Cold weather. warm hearts"

Were that true, NY and MA wouldn't have so many A holes!

I guess you're right about every team having those players, and I judge everyone else probably too harshly for how NE conducs business since BB got here.

Meriweather was sent packing in spite of a 1st round draft pick and 2 pro bowls. He was a 'bad egg' and BB got rid of him. Ditto Adalius and Springs. Same for Moss. I guess I just wish more teams handled themselves with no b s as the Pats do. If I wrote out my perfect owner/coach combo, I don't see how I'd do any better than BB and Kraft. I'm spoiled by their professionalism and standards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Roethlisberger blames FieldTurf for DeCastro’s injury

Ben RoethlisbergerAP

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger blames the surface at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo for the injury to his teammate, David DeCastro.

DeCastro, the guard the Steelers selected in the first round of this year’s draft, suffered what the Steelers fear is a severe knee injuryagainst the Bills. And Roethlisberger said afterward that he doesn’t think DeCastro would have suffered that injury on a grass field.

“It’s just FieldTurf — this is a great field, but FieldTurf is just killing guys because they can’t get their feet out of the ground,” Roethlisberger said on NFL Network after the game. “It’s just another reason we should get rid of FieldTurf.”

Although FieldTurf is almost universally considered a big improvement over the old-school AstroTurf, which was basically like playing on fuzzy green concrete, players are mixed about whether FieldTurf is as good as grass. Some players, like Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher, have said grass should be ripped out and replaced with FieldTurf. Others, like former Jets nose tackle Kris Jenkins, have said they dislike FieldTurf so much that they would only play for a team that had grass.

Roethlisberger is strongly in the anti-FieldTurf camp. After Saturday night’s injury, DeCastro may be, too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

that sucks. I really likked DeCastro too. Sounded like  good guy. I hope it's not serious

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Oh my...Ben showing off that college level education again.

I thknk guys being 300+ lbs with 40lbs of equipment have more to do with them "not being able to get their feet out of it."

Guys in the trenches tend to hate it while most others like it. What's that tell you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I dont wish or want injury on anyone , however people clapped and cheered when Brady went down so for that u may find sympathy between sshiittit and syphillis in the dictionary.............

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]I dont wish or want injury on anyone , however people clapped and cheered when Brady went down so for that u may find sympathy between sshiittit and syphillis in the dictionary.............
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

That was bs, I remember that..   Tough break for the rookie, hope he's back healthy soon.