Steelers Could Be in Shambles in 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Steelers Could Be in Shambles in 2010

The well publicized Ben Roethlisburger mess could potentially cost the Steelers their QB for some or all of the 2010 season. Here's commentary for SI's Peter King on the Big Ben mess:

"I think the more I hear about Ben Roethlisberger and the immense distraction of the sexual-assault charge (Adam Schefter reports he will stay away from the Steeler offseason program, which begins for vets today in Pittsburgh, to avoid the circus it would create), the more I think the Steelers have to plan for life without Roethlisberger this year, just in case. And I don't mean just Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Steelers Could Be in Shambles in 2010

The Steelers are looking supposedly at drafting a QB. Is that proof positive that they're worried over the Roethlisburger investigation?: http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2010m3d29-Pittsburgh-Steelers-draft-digest-Quarterback-Dan-LeFevour-llooked-at-by-team-scouts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Tex,  in shambles and in shackles.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Still more woes for the Steelers...as RB Willie Parker states that he would rather sit out the season than play for the Steelers in 2010: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10088/1046479-87.stm

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Shambles and Shackles. We played Harley. I can't see Batch or DD (wildcat threat) taking over the NFC North if Ben is suspended for a lengthy period of time. If Holmes is suspended as well, the Rooneys will be very upset. Good thing they no longer have Porter or they might have become the Bungles overnight. Wish there was an over under on which NFL player gets tasered first. I've avoided reading these stories because they are not Pats related, but the potential loss of two of your best offensive players for part of the season does not bode well. if the Steelers are willing to draft Lefouver (sp) than they are tired of Ben's antics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Are the Steelers supplanting the Cincinnati Bengals as the greatest off-field perpetrators of NFL thuggery? You be the judge: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/pft-daily-as-bad-boy-go-steelers-have-supplanted-the-bengals/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Rapistberger, Holmes, Porter (he's a Steeler) all within a couple weeks, plus Parker saying he'd rather sit then play for them....troubled times have come to PittsburHGH.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I know the Rooney family ain't happy about this and I think they want something done pronto.  The image of the Steelers is being soiled and the Rooney's aren't going to let it deteriorate further.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Could Be in Shambles in 2010:
    I know the Rooney family ain't happy about this and I think they want something done pronto.  The image of the Steelers is being soiled and the Rooney's aren't going to let it deteriorate further.
    Posted by garytx

Not a lot of options at least as far as the hammerhead QB is concerned.  They just have to see how it plays out.  They're not going to release him unless he's sent to the clink, and I doubt that will happen with these facts.  Most likely is that someone gets paid and it all goes away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

This may sound crazy but with the stench that Big Ben is creating in Pittsville, I wonder if once cleared of charges, does Pittsburger trade him away to renew that club and start to wash away the odor. This is going to put a serious dent in the Steelers making money

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

On the Santonio Holmes situation, the alleged victim sought permission from police at the scene to speak with Holmes privately. Apparently, she liked whatever Holmes had to say, as she was seen to smile...had her cheek rubbed by Santonio...and then told police that she did not want to get Holmes into trouble...but wanted to forget the whole thing: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/30/holmes-case-closed-after-police-report-released/

Hmmm...do you think that a little green may soon be coming her way? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

More boorish behavior from Santonio, who tells a fan to commit suicide. What a jerk: http://twitter.com/santonio10/status/11282727131

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

we need to trade a #2 for the Steelers #1 in 2011, with all of these distractions who knows maybe two top 10 picks in 2011?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The turbulent off-season continues to swirl in Pittsburgh...as Santonio Holmes may end up getting traded: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10094/1047802-66.stm

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Not pretty for them, can't see them be an offensive firepower this season

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Could Be in Shambles in 2010:
    Not pretty for them, can't see them be an offensive firepower this season
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Their defense won't be what it once was, either...with Troy Polamalu coming off a knee injury...and OLB/DE James Harrison turning 33.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Steelers should consider Culpepper for a year... he would be a guy I'd call for one year if I needed a starter while I let a young guy develop.