Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned

Obviously a big win for the Steelers. The Titans are a good team. But with Polamalu missing for upcoming tough games against Chicago, San Diego and Minnesota, the D might be in for a rough stretch.

What really would concern me, however, is the atrocious running game and offensive line. Ben got sacked four times last night and was under constant harassment. With the way he plays (trying to make something out of nothing when a play breaks down), that is a recipe for disaster.

In short, the Steelers NEED to do something about that O-line or Baltimore will win that division.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Re: Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned

I'm not concerned with the OL and the running game.  Essentially, that is the exact same recipe that worked for them last year.  I don't blame the OL for everything.  Ben holds the ball too long making plays.  Sometimes, he takes sacks.  More often then not, he makes a play.

Troy being out is huge.  That is a big concern.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned:
    [QUOTE]Obviously a big win for the Steelers. The Titans are a good team. But with Polamalu missing for upcoming tough games against Chicago, San Diego and Minnesota, the D might be in for a rough stretch. What really would concern me, however, is the atrocious running game and offensive line. Ben got sacked four times last night and was under constant harassment. With the way he plays (trying to make something out of nothing when a play breaks down), that is a recipe for disaster. In short, the Steelers NEED to do something about that O-line or Baltimore will win that division.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

Every team has problems. The Steelers had the exact same problems that you correctly mentioned above last year, yet won it all. Like the Patriots, the Steelers have morphed into a passing team. They have an elite QB, and an elite defense.

Of course, injuries can dramatically change the fortunes of a team. But, the Goths have survived without Polamalu before, as they are 6-2 in games played without him. Short of a serious injury to Big Ben (which could happen due to the Steelers' mediocre at best OL), theres' no way that the Baltimore Ravens beat the Goths out in the AFC North.

Take a look at the Ravens' weaknesses. Joe Flacco is a good young QB...but he's no Ben Roethlisberger. While Ben has WRs like Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes, Flacco has 35 year old Derrick Mason, and not much else. The Ravens have a better OL than the Goths, and better RBs.

On defense, both teams are top notch...though one has to wonder how effective 34 year old MLB Ray Lewis will continue to be...and how the loss of LB Bart Scott affects them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

I learned 5 things from watching last nights game:

1.Steelers are not that good.

2.S. Holmes is a legit wr.

3.Titan lost a game they should have won.

4. Pitts D really needs Troy to be complete

5. Big Ben is not in the same league as a Brady or Manning...not even close!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

The Steelers, more than any other team, can say that they won consistently with the exact same players last year.  Watching last night, I'd have to say that the sacks were as much Ben's fault as the OL's.  He holds that ball a looooong time.  Sometimes he makes plays long after most QBs would have thrown the ball away.  I was really surprised that Pitt ran the ball that poorly, but let's no forget that Tenn. has a dang good D...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ben did what he always does.  And Polamolu is overrated.  I did enjoy that Brett Favre commercial though. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Steelers and Titans a very good teams and likely are post season bound.  Big Ben does not get enough credit, he's not a stat guy, holds the ball too long and throws some bad picks but he is clutch, tough and a winner.  He takes some big hits and gets back up.  Kearse's unblocked sack was brutal, Big Ben got off the mat without missing a play. 

He's not far behind Brady and Manning as the number 3 QB in the league. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

All true point re: the Steelers being the same time as last year. But the law of averages says that if Ben keeps getting hit eventually they will have problems. Add in the big target on their backs and they will be unlikely to repeat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned:
    [QUOTE]I learned 5 things from watching last nights game: 1.Steelers are not that good.

RESPONSE: They are the closest organization you'll find to our Patriots. People said the same thing about the Steelers last year...and all they did was win a championship;

2.S. Holmes is a legit wr.

RESPONSE: Holmes has morphed into an elite WR;

3.Titans lost a game they should have won.

RESPONSE: Yes...they had their chances. But the mark of an elite team is that they always seem to find ways to win close games like this one;

4. Pitts D really needs Troy to be complete

RESPONSE: Polamalu is one of their key players. But, the Steelers are nonetheless 6-2 in games played without him;

5. Big Ben is not in the same league as a Brady or Manning...not even close!

RESPONSE: Surely you jest. Roethlisberger has been a winner from game one, has won two SBs, and hes' not even 30 yet.
    Posted by bmartins16[/QUOTE]

The Pats can beat the Steelers. But, their defense must show great improvement for that to happen. The Steelers have an outstanding set of WRs, and an elite QB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbtrick. Show bbtrick's posts

one thing that should be considered about last nights game, indeed every game this week and for the first three weeks or so of every season, is that teams are still trying to figure out what they themselves are capable of doing in actual games as well as trying to guage what their opponents are capable of doing.
    everything to this point is based on what teams did last year and what they think teams can do based on preseason.

that being said, it seems that indy will again have a very tough time with tenn. and the afc north will be a punch fest between pitt. and balt. (with cincy and clev. being the warmup bags each of those teams practice on).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

[QUOTE]Ben did what he always does.  And Polamolu is overrated.  I did enjoy that Brett Favre commercial though. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Come on man polamolu is way better than anyone in our secondary

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]All true point re: the Steelers being the same time as last year. But the law of averages says that if Ben keeps getting hit eventually they will have problems. Add in the big target on their backs and they will be unlikely to repeat.

Barring unforseen injuries, the Patriots appear to me to be the only team that has a legitimate chance to beat the Goths. The Ravens are not in their class. Here are some pros and cons on the Ravens, if your interested:

1.) Pro: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/09/heres_why_i_like_the_ravens_to_win.html

2.) Con: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravoffense11sep11,0,5110974.story 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned :      Barring unforseen injuries, the Patriots appear to me to be the only team that has a legitimate chance to beat the Goths. [/QUOTE]

Despite their losses, i don't think you can ever underestimate the Colts. They may not be as good, but as long as Manning is there they can be any one at any time.

Except maybe the Chargers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Does not matter to us anyway because even if Big Ben did get sacked 4 times last night if they play the Pats we dont have a pass rush to sack him four times so....I hate to be the downer but i am just really down on the Pats D right now I am sure I will pirk up later.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I didn't watch the entire game, but late in the fourth and throughout overtime Roethlisberger could have had a cup of coffee and read the paper in the pocket. It's true enough, Bitchburgh didn't look all that scary -- obviously the outcome was some combination of strong defense and that Kerry Collins blows donut holes. It looks like if you can put a little pressure on Ben, you should be able to beat that team, but that is probably easier said than done. They're the defending champs, so they get the benefit of the doubt, but let us not forget that they beat a .500 team and a rookie quarterback in the playoffs and barely survived the vaunted St. Louis . . .   ummmm . . .   ahhhhh . . .  Phoenix . . .  no, wait . . .  Scottsdale  . . .   errrrrrr . . .   Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl.

In a nutshell, Bitchburgh doesn't scare me a bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If NE has to get into a gunslinging battle against the Steelers then NE has already won the AFC. Big Ben is an average QB with a great (Although last night they just looked good) defense. Those kind of QBs usually win because they don't have any fear that if they throw an INT that the defense won't make a stop. The Titans' defense looked alot like the Patriots' Defense did in the third preseason game. They had 0 pass rush and played zone all night. I think we saw what that does to average QBs. 

Tennessee looked like I thought they would without Haynesworth. I don't think they are playoff bound, especially in a division that has Peyton Manning in it. If you give Peyton 10 seconds of serenity in the pocket, he will pick your defense apart. The AFC North will send the Colts and Texans to the playoffs not so much the Titans. 

Pittsburgh looked like they were tired. Without Polamalu their secondary looked weak. If this is as strong as the Steelers are, I have no fear in my mind that we are Tampa bound this year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Steelers and Titans a very good teams and likely are post season bound.  Big Ben does not get enough credit, he's not a stat guy, holds the ball too long and throws some bad picks but he is clutch, tough and a winner.  He takes some big hits and gets back up.  Kearse's unblocked sack was brutal, Big Ben got off the mat without missing a play.  He's not far behind Brady and Manning as the number 3 QB in the league. 
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]

Except that Drew Breese is number 3.......and ahead of Ben.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Very surprised at some of the comments downplaying the steelers. 

1.  Tennessee won 13 games last year and other than Haynesworth didn't lose much.  They were strong against the run and pretty good against the pass.  Many of the Steelers receptions were after long holds by Rothl.  Db's can be expected to stay on top of receivers for only so long.  Rothlisberger was the reason for the Steelers win.

2.  Tennessee could have won that game.  Should have - I don't know.  The titan actually were very good.  They ran the ball well in spots and threw the ball well, too.  But Rothlisberger played his game and was effective.  Now maybe if Haynesworth were in this game, that Pocket would have broken down a little more and Ben would have been on his back a little more, but Ben did his thing.

3.  Rothlisberger is a very good QB with great instincts.  He is easily top 5 and maybe 3rd best.  That said, his style also could get him hurt and/or lose a game or 2 for their team. 

4.  Polamolu was a beast for the short period of time he was in the game.  The PI called against him was weak.  One handed int.  Always in the play on rushing tackles.  He impressed me last night.

5.  The steelers and the titans are both very good teams.  The good news is that both of them appear to be able to be beaten. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Does not matter to us anyway because even if Big Ben did get sacked 4 times last night if they play the Pats we dont have a pass rush to sack him four times so....I hate to be the downer but i am just really down on the Pats D right now I am sure I will pirk up later.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I think that you will warm up to them and be pleasantly surprised......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

One of the local blowbags on KFAN was making the case this morning that Phillip Rivers is better than both Roethlisberger and Brees.

This, I think, is another reason you shouldn't smope wheat at work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Big Ben is an average QB with a great (Although last night they just looked good) defense.

This is exactly what I thought of Brady early in his career.  Different today, but 01-04.  Average with a great d.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned : Despite their losses, i don't think you can ever underestimate the Colts. They may not be as good, but as long as Manning is there they can be any one at any time. Except maybe the Chargers.

Beat the steelers at Pitt last year amid many injuries. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]Very surprised at some of the comments downplaying the steelers.  1.  Tennessee won 13 games last year and other than Haynesworth didn't lose much.  They were strong against the run and pretty good against the pass.  Many of the Steelers receptions were after long holds by Rothl.  Db's can be expected to stay on top of receivers for only so long.  Rothlisberger was the reason for the Steelers win. 2.  Tennessee could have won that game.  Should have - I don't know.  The titan actually were very good.  They ran the ball well in spots and threw the ball well, too.  But Rothlisberger played his game and was effective.  Now maybe if Haynesworth were in this game, that Pocket would have broken down a little more and Ben would have been on his back a little more, but Ben did his thing. 3.  Rothlisberger is a very good QB with great instincts.  He is easily top 5 and maybe 3rd best.  That said, his style also could get him hurt and/or lose a game or 2 for their team.  4.  Polamolu was a beast for the short period of time he was in the game.  The PI called against him was weak.  One handed int.  Always in the play on rushing tackles.  He impressed me last night. 5.  The steelers and the titans are both very good teams.  The good news is that both of them appear to be able to be beaten. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

You of all people should know that Tennessee won last year because the Colts spotted them a 4 game lead after 7 games. If Manning were healthy from week 1, the Titans wouldn't have won the division.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]One of the local blowbags on KFAN was making the case this morning that Phillip Rivers is better than both Roethlisberger and Brees. This, I think, is another reason you shouldn't smope wheat at work.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Mike and Mike this morning was saying that Ben was better than Brady and Manning simply because he wins....LOL!  Am I missing something?  I think that Brady and Manning win as well.....No?