Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats

This is from an article at mensjournal.com:
    http://www.mensjournal.com/jamesharrison

On the 2004 season:
    “I should have another ring. We were the best team in football in 2004, but the Patriots, who we beat during the regular season, stole our signals and picked up 90 percent of our blitzes [in the AFC title game]. They got busted for it later, but, hey, they’re Goodell’s boys, so he slapped ‘em $500,000 and burned the tapes. Was he going to rescind their Super Bowls? Man, hell no!”

On the two interceptions thrown by Ben Roethlisberger in last year’s Super Bowl:
    “Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain’t that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does.”

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats

Wow nice words for his teammate too. Someone should remind this idiot that since Spygate, the Pats with Brady have stomped Bitchburgh both times. Enough is enough from these guys, the AFC North, where bitter loud-mouth linebackers happen...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats:
    [QUOTE]Unbelievable. As if a 1st rd pick, an 8 month witch hunt and over a million in fines equates the Pats being in Goodell's pocket? James Harrison IQ = 32 He's become their Joey Porter.  Self-absorbed.   It's a shame he has any rings, because he doesn't deserve them. Enoy the ride down, Pitt: Roethlisberger surgery needed Hines Ward DUI LeBeau about to retire SB loser never does well the following year Aging Front 7 Horrible secondary
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Are the Steelers still whining about getting their butts kicked in 2004??

On the other hand, Harrison ripped Roger Goodell, calling him a "crook" and a "devil", among other things. He also said that, "If he (Goodell) were on fire, and he had to (urinate...the mods, you know) on him to put it out, he wouldn't do it. I hate him and I will never respect him.": http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6764826/james-harrison-pittsburgh-steelers-blasts-roger-goodell-magazine-interview

LOL!!!   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Actually throwing picks in the Superbowl is very Payton Manning. ;-)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Harrison calls former Patriots standouts Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison “clowns.”

-What a loser!  A lot of whining in the interview. A lot of name calling/accusations of players and NFL front office. He also took sweeps at Roethlisberger!

-And he accuses Brian Cushing being "juiced out of his mind"

450x397-alg_james_harrison_practices.jpg

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Did they ask Harrison if the Steelers' Super Bowls in the 70s should be forfeited because of the systematic use of steriods that organization was known for? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Did they ask Harrison if the Steelers' Super Bowls in the 70s should be forfeited because of the systematic use of steriods that organization was known for? 
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

But that was before there was testing...so there was nothing wrong with it....I can hear that coming out of his mouth

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]If I am a Steelers fan, I am embarrrassed.   Sorry, there is no way to sugarcoat this roid head's behavior.

: And Harrison was credited with exactly 1 solo tackle in the SB. A six yard sack. Nothing else ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I give the man credit.  He appears consistent in his statements.  Doesn't sugar coat.  Says what he thinks and/or feels.   

Its ok to not like what he says, but, right or wrong, I don't think you can ever say he's not being honest. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

You know what irks me the most about Porter, and now Harrison, carrying on and on about the 2004 AFC title game as if it was "stolen" from them?

The Steelers didn't even deserve to be in that game!

The Jets, the week before in the divisional round, had them beaten TWICE, but their kicker missed two extremely makeable FGs--one at the end of regulation and one in OT. If he makes either, the Jets are coming to Foxboro for the title game and the Steelers are sitting at home watching it.

They were NOT the best team in the NFL that year. They were the best team for a two-week stretch in late October/early November, when they beat up the Pats and Eagles at home. And in that Halloween game the Pats were missing Dillon, Branch and Ty Law, who got injured 5 minutes into that game. (Two of the three were back for the AFC title game.)

And oh by the way James: stealing defensive signals (if the Pats even were able to gain anything from it, which is still an unproven claim) had NOTHING to do with your rookie QB throwing three INTs in that game, one of which was returned for a back-breaking TD in the second quarter. Also, stealing signals had nothing to do with your defense committing a HUGE, dumb defensive holding penalty on a 3rd and 13 play midway through the third quarter, which kept a Pats drive alive (ending with a Dillon TD run) and allowed them to stretch the lead out to 31-10, after Pittsburgh had grabbed back some momentum in the game.

And lastly, stealing signals had nothing to do with Cowher opting for a FG to make it 31-20 on 4th and goal from the 2-yard line in the 4th quarter, instead of trying to get the TD to make it 31-24; that decision, as many of us who watched the game will recall, sent thousands of black & gold clad fans streaming for the stadium exits because they knew it was tantamount to their head coach surrendering the outcome.

Harrison might even be dumber than Joey Porter, which is a hard thing to be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I give the man credit.  He appears consistent in his statements.  Doesn't sugar coat.  Says what he thinks and/or feels.    Its ok to not like what he says, but, right or wrong, I don't think you can ever say he's not being honest. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Good old UD6 coming on to stir the pot! Give me a break!  As a professional athlete you should think before you speak!  Especially when calling out former players, current players, teammates, and Roger Godell,  Not surprised you came on to make those comments.  He is stupid!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rocky - that's why I said "right or wrong". 

Look, I don't support the guy, I am just giving him credit for calling it like he sees it.  Frankly, I appreciate his honesty and would have the police watching him every day.  He seems like a guy who could crack at just about any time. 

I think its always better to know where people stand.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Rocky - that's why I said "right or wrong".  Look, I don't support the guy, I am just giving him credit for calling it like he sees it.  Frankly, I appreciate his honesty and would have the police watching him every day.  He seems like a guy who could crack at just about any time.  I think its always better to know where people stand.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

"Look, I don't support the guy, I am just giving him credit for calling it like he sees it."

Okay...think it, but don't say it!  Very stupid decision on his part!  Especially in a national magazine.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

i like how the picture with the article is him holding his guns thugz for life style. remember Super Bowl XLIII, when he was all over some Cardinals player that was on the ground. cant remember if it was flagged or not. anyone know wat im talking about

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats :   So do you support Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who use racial angles, to bait and project a sense of being a victim, as they use that rhetoric to make money? Harrison is doing the same thing here and it's a disgrace.
    I completely disagree.  I don't know that Harrison is capable of containing his emotions.  I believe what he says, and I don't think he says it just for effect. 

On the other hand, what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton say and do is all for effect. 

I see you as very much like Jackson and Sharpton.  Most of your comments are theater.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Very hateful guy, can't believe he ripped his own QB like that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

That is exactly what he is. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

AdamSchefter

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankdawg. Show frankdawg's posts

In Response to Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats:
    [QUOTE]This is from an article at mensjournal.com: http://www.mensjournal.com/jamesharrison On the 2004 season: “I should have another ring. We were the best team in football in 2004, but the Patriots, who we beat during the regular season, stole our signals and picked up 90 percent of our blitzes [in the AFC title game]. They got busted for it later, but, hey, they’re Goodell’s boys, so he slapped ‘em $500,000 and burned the tapes. Was he going to rescind their Super Bowls? Man, hell no!” On the two interceptions thrown by Ben Roethlisberger in last year’s Super Bowl: “Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain’t that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does.”
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]