Steelers waive Mesko

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Steelers waive Mesko

(In my best Allen Iverson) We're talking about punters!? Punters? Not the game, not football players, punters? Punters...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

(In my best Allen Iverson) We're talking about punters!? Punters? Not the game, not football players, punters? Punters...

[/QUOTE]

Only question I have is did you have your kid on your lap while you posted this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cap hell is an ugly  thing.  Mesko failed his tryout.

[/QUOTE]

How on Earth is this cap hell?  Mesko was terribad in Pittsburgh.  31st in gross average, 29th in net.  And it wasn't because of situational punting; he only had 3 out of 34 punts downed inside the 20, and 2 touchbacks.  Those are terrible, terrible numbers for a punter.

[/QUOTE]

Don't confuse him with facts, he's on the cap hell thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Field position in football is important.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I can recall numerous homers listing ZM as one of BB's "good" draft picks. None of those persons can be found these days. LMAO Same old, same old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I guess our GM made another good decision huh...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Field position in football is important.

[/QUOTE]

Wozzy, what is going on here? I find myself agreeing with you 2 days in a row

Field position is VERY important when an offense is struggling, a defense is playing well, and the FG kicker is automatic...isn't this the Pats to date? In a bend but dont break, isnt the point to make the opposing team drive the entire field, allowing the defense to make turnovers? that is why McCourty is at S, Arrington was signed and Gregory was signed. Bend but dont break, and  create turnover....if this is the philosophy, a P and a FG kicker that puts the ball out of the end zone are essential

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

isn't it really windy in that stadium?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I guess our GM made another good decision huh...

[/QUOTE]

When he used a fifth round pick on Mesko, or when he cut him for an undrafted rookie?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Um, a 5th round draft choice that served well as the Pats punter and holder for 3 years - sounds like a good use of a draft pick to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I'm in cap hell. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Um, a 5th round draft choice that served well as the Pats punter and holder for 3 years - sounds like a good use of a draft pick to me.

[/QUOTE]

For three years, then was cut and replaced by an undrafted rookie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I take it then, that  you consider Drew Bledsoe a bad 1st rd draft choice since he was replaced by a 6th round pick.  

Don't really have the numbers but I'm guessing that there's not a particularly large inventory of 5th round picks still on rosters 3 years after they were drafted.  I'm sure there's a few but they're the exception.  

And finally, I guess, it really is a bit of a reach to use the success or failure of a fifth rd draft pick as a measure of a GM's ability to draft.  I mean, seriously.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Me too.

Seems like good overall management on both ends in this particular case.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Mesko, a Ray Guy award finalist in college for best punter, set an NFL rookie record for net punting average his rookie season of 2010.  

Belichick felt he was regressing instead of progressing so he drafted a two time Ray Guy award winner and unanimous All American to replace him.

Considering the average NFL career lasts three years both picks were good.

Not A Shot at being right at any time, take your meds buddy... and Babe, just finally admit that no team in the NFL could take the injury hits the Patriots have and still be a threat to win a Super Bowl without some very fine GM work.

You guys are approaching an almost comical point now, just admit you've been wrong and move on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Mesko, a Ray Guy award finalist in college for best punter, set an NFL rookie record for net punting average his rookie season of 2010.  

Belichick felt he was regressing instead of progressing so he drafted a two time Ray Guy award winner and unanimous All American to replace him.

Not A Shot at being right at any time, take your meds buddy... and Babe, just finally admit that no team in the NFL could take the injury hits the Patriots have and still be a threat to win a Super Bowl without some very fine GM work.

You guys are approaching an almost comical point now, just admit you've been wrong and move on.

[/QUOTE]

GB has had a lot of injuries and are still very much in contention.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you're so right and I'm so wrong, why don't you tell me which round Allen was taken in.

And then have a nice big fat GFY sandwich.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can do some research here.

If you're going to pretend you know what you're talking about, at least get the basic facts right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sorry, Belichick didn't even waste a draft pick to sign Ryan... and yes, I'm still right and you're still a depressed headcase.  The fact is we have one of the best punters in the NFL.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry, Belichick didn't even waste a draft pick to sign Ryan... and yes, I'm still right and you're still a depressed headcase.  The fact is we have one of the best punters in the NFL.  

[/QUOTE]

He's one of the best based on what? 

See if you can use the internet to check your ideas before posting them as fact.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

See if you can use the internet to check your ideas before posting them as fact.

Average, punts inside the 20, returnable yards, the fact he is only a rookie... the only fact is that you'd be dissatisfied and clinically depressed regardless the Patriots record. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

Average, punts inside the 20, returnable yards, the fact he is only a rookie... the only fact is that you'd be dissatisfied and clinically depressed regardless the Patriots record. 

[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind you are trying to have a football discussion with a poster who doesn't think it is the QB's job to work with his WR's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Average:  12th

Inside the 20:  5th
    (touchbacks:  tied for league lead)

Return yards:  16th

Return yard average:  15th

Net yards:  14th

One of the best right there, Wozzy. 

Feel free to excuse yourself from this conversation.  No need to reply.  You're clearly pulling statements out of thin air.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I see that Not A Shot is still acting like a negative d-o-u-c-h-e.....who would find a way to complain if he won the lottery.

Seriously dude.....you need help

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Average:  12th

Inside the 20:  5th
    (touchbacks:  tied for league lead)

Return yards:  16th

Return yard average:  15th

Net yards:  14th

One of the best right there, Wozzy. 

Feel free to excuse yourself from this conversation.  No need to reply.  You're clearly pulling statements out of thin air.

[/QUOTE]

N-A-S, I haven't a clue where you got those numbers.  They are totally inconsistent with these which, with all due respect, I trust a lot more than yours:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/punting