Steve McNair dead from shooting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting

I didn't mention Jesus....you did MVPkilla....how about the hipocracy of someone named MVPkilla taking a jesus-freak stance on my comment. 

Why glorify a man because he played football?  He was a douche-b@g with two baby mama's and a gun toting girlfriend!  Maybe he did fulfill his contractual obligations to be a 'charitable-nfl-citizen', good for him.  So did Ray Carruth, Stallworth, and Pac-man Jones!!

If he were a politician and the same thing happened, would you still be crying

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Relax Dino, Killa was referring to me.  Not going to turn this thread into another one like the "dungy" thread.  Suffice it to say that, the Bible does repeatedly refer to Christ in hundreds of ways.  One reference is as the "Sacrificial Lamb".  With this in mind, in order to be that "ultimate sacrifice", he had to be without sin.  Upon the cross, he took on the sins of us all, that is the only time he was touched by sin, in death.  Being the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of mankind cemented his perfection.  More simply put, GOD the FATHER, SON, and HOLY GHOST, the HOLY TRINITY are synonomous, ONE.  Therefore PERFECT.  Church is dismissed...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

"There has never been a perfect man on this Earth". And your point is?

Now matter how you McNair apologists twist and turn, his conduct is indefensible. While no one deserves to be murdered...ol' Steve increased his odds of bad consequences by leading on this unstable, 20 year old girl. Seems that she found out that McNair was not only stepping out on his wife, but on her, too: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090708/NEWS03/90708043

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting:
    [QUOTE]     "There has never been a perfect man on this Earth". And your point is?      Now matter how you McNair apologists twist and turn, his conduct is indefensible. While no one deserves to be murdered...ol' Steve increased his odds of bad consequences by leading on this unstable, 20 year old girl. Seems that she found out that McNair was not only stepping out on his wife, but on her, too: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090708/NEWS03/90708043
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

<yawn> you would think he had children out of wedlock or something. Now that is truly a sin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

No one is apologizing for Steve McNair.  I for one, am just choosing to accentuate his positives.  Thankfully, many others are doing the same. Care to join us?  What is your favorite memory of Air McNair?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]No one is apologizing for Steve McNair.  I for one, am just choosing to accentuate his positives.  Thankfully, many others are doing the same. Care to join us?  What is your favorite memory of Air McNair?
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

Congratulations if you can find any positives to McNair after his shameful actions. Look at how many people have suffered...or will continue to suffer, for years to come. All because of his selfish choice to be as big-time a playa off the gridiron, as he was on it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

TexasPat....I'm POSITIVE that his kids will need lots of therapy for this whole ordeal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

The inability to articulate one's thoughts effectively results in such childish anecdote's.  We all know what happened.  Some choose to display their understanding and compassion while others simply choose to display their upbringing....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Yes, you're right, I was brought up in a house where humor was valued and a man's accomplishments were put into perspective.  He's an athlete, so what.  His tragic, ego-centric behavior brought about his demise now his children will bear the burden of those actions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The inability to articulate one's thoughts effectively results in such childish anecdote's.  We all know what happened.  Some choose to display their understanding and compassion while others simply choose to display their upbringing....
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

McNair is the one who participated in childish, selfish behavior. Understanding?? I understand exactly what went on here. Its' shameful that a successful, 36 year old man, with a wife and 4 sons...who was admired by so many...would conduct himself as McNair did.  

As for compassion, yours is grossly misplaced, my friend. My compassion goes out to the families of the two victims. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

TP - earlier you said that McNair did not deserve to die for his actions, but your recent words tell a very different story.  What changed?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dead54. Show Dead54's posts

Since noone seems to have posted this yet, it was confirmed as a murder-suicide today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"I didn't mention Jesus....you did MVPkilla....how about the hipocracy of someone named MVPkilla taking a jesus-freak stance on my comment. 

Why glorify a man because he played football?  He was a douche-b@g with two baby mama's and a gun toting girlfriend!  Maybe he did fulfill his contractual obligations to be a 'charitable-nfl-citizen', good for him.  So did Ray Carruth, Stallworth, and Pac-man Jones!!

If he were a politician and the same thing happened, would you still be crying" - Dino

I never said you mention Jesus, I was speaking to someone else who brought it up. And when did having two baby mama's become such a big deal that a man deserved to die? When did that happen? I am not saying he didnt s crew up cause he did but he didnt deserve to die and thats all anyone is saying, no one is gloriying him or anything just saying that his mistake was not one that deserved death.  And the guy did more then fulfill his contract, first of all when he was drafted player were not required to give back to teh community that is a new set up in this new era of football. Secondly when his own mother and family were effected by Katrina he put in the work to help the victims of that harracane which i am sure was not a part of his contract unless some how the Titans could se the future and know that there would be a huge harracane that year and made sure they looked good. And putting him in teh same league as Pac Man jones is just stupid, Pacman has never done anything what so ever to put him in the same conversation as Steve McNair when it comes to good deeds and Stallworth killed a man last time i check Mcnair has never killed anyone so again that is a huge stretch.

And no one is crying just talking but if being a d*ck makes you feel good just keep doing it.

Plain Truth I never looked at it that way, I wa sjust saying I dont remember anyone ever saying he was perfect and in fact I dont want to beleave he was, in fact the best part about the story of Jesus is that he is in fact a man, he is the same as you and me but yet he is more (or they say he was anyways) so that is all i meant I dont think there has ever been a perfect human being but that is just me i meant no offense to you what so ever.

"<yawn /> you would think he had children out of wedlock or something. Now that is truly a sin." Eroch

Give me a break guys, its 2009 and having a kid out of wedlock is not a big deal.

"Yes, you're right, I was brought up in a house where humor was valued and a man's accomplishments were put into perspective.  He's an athlete, so what.  His tragic, ego-centric behavior brought about his demise now his children will bear the burden of those actions. " - Dino

Dino if this was a friend of yours right just a normal guy who was cheating on his wife and his kids for that matter would you consider it ego-centric or just dumb? I am just wondering if you have a different standard for Mcnair because of his status then you would for a plain old joe shmoe friend of yours. I mean you have never known a man who cheated on his lady? And if so did he deserve to die as well?

"McNair is the one who participated in childish, selfish behavior. Understanding?? I understand exactly what went on here. Its' shameful that a successful, 36 year old man, with a wife and 4 sons...who was admired by so many...would conduct himself as McNair did.  

As for compassion, yours is grossly misplaced, my friend. My compassion goes out to the families of the two victims." - Texas Pat

There was only one victim and only one victims family in this case. And that is Steve McNair and his family. The girl who killed him is not a victim she is a murderer and a piece of sh*t. She shot the man 4 times at close range and robbed his sons of knowing their father so she can come back to life and kill herself all over again as far as i am concerned. Her family should except the fact that she was a murderer cause that is what she was, she was not teh victim in this case McNairs four kids are and she is the person who killed their dad. Just because McNair cheated on his wife with this girl does not mean she was a victim, she knew he was married and she got with him anyways and then when things were not going teh way she wanted she killed him, she shot him while he slept in the temple then twice in the chest and then one more time in teh temple after he was already dead. She did not make a quick and rash choice, she planned this out and waited forhim to fall asleep and then shot him 4 times like a crazy person. Save your sympothy for McNairs family cause she is nothing more then a murderer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Killa is on a roll this morning... No offense was taken.  Even if we don't agree on some things, you've shown yourself to be someone willing to converse about things rationally and I appreciate that.  I have no idea what some of these guys are thinking.  I'm glad you're in here, because sometimes you REALLY handle things (like this morning) like they need to be.  Tip of the hat to ya...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' a good article concerning McNair, and the off-field lives of celebrities in general: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/07/06/mcnair/index.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thanks for the words Plaintruth I do try to not cross any lines.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Deserve to die?

He didn't deserve to die?

Of course he did. We all do.

We all deserve to die, and we're all going to. Of course, most of us won't have our lives dissected by a bunch of self-righteous yahoos on an internet message board when that happens. There's this great scene in the movie, "Life of Brian" were this guy who is about to be stoned to death for taking the Lord's name in vain says, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone," and everybody in the crowd just unloads on him. Somebody who knows more about the bible than I do might help explain that business about attending the mote in thine own eye -- I'm not exactly sure how it goes. My point is that there are people who believe there are reasons to behave according to a certain internal ethical code and there are other people who do not. Personally, I do not believe that there is any reward or punishment awaiting us for the way we live our lives, and when I see an adulterer shot down in his sleep, I don't lose any sleep (ha ha) over that. And I know it's the right thing to say "my heart goes out to his family," but the truth of the matter is that it doesn't. If McNair didn't care enough about his own family to act like a responsible adult, why should I?

I'll tell you why:

Because I understand something that Mr. McNair apparently did not.

I do not really believe in anything as mundane as Karma, or the Wheel in the Sky, or whatever you may want to call people ultimately having to pay for what they buy. But I do believe that in the final analysis, we all have to live in our own skin, and all the punishment and reward we will ever really need (or deserve) is doled out right here on planet earth. Some of us can live with life's harsher realities . . .

others go out an buy a gun.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Well said PM !

Still, one could argue about the buying a gun thing (especially for the ones like I who are from Europe) but one can still use a knife...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Knife is actually better.

I've always felt that if you really want to kill someone, and you want them to know why, the knife allows you to get right up close and make it personal, ya know?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea but when you are in the bizzness of killing zombies knifes just get stuck in teh skull and then you are covered in the walking dead before you know it. And guns jam, crowbars work best, they help you break into houses for supplies and its a weapon if you need to beat a zombies skull in.....what you guys dont kill zombies? lol

Pmike of course we al deserve to die at some point what I clearly mean and should have said better was he did not deserve to die at age 37 well before his time. I fully admitt that he put himself in that situation and its his own fault.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Killa,

You said America is full of deuschebags.

You deserve to die TODAY!Yell

(oh -- and if we are overrun by zombies, I hope they are the Dave Foley -Bruce McCullough kind of zombies, as I have many dining room chairs to place in their path, thus rendering them confused)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Haha well I have a feeling that when the zombies do take over the world they will be the Dawn of the Dead type Zombies so watch out! But if they are slow and stupid then yes chairs could save your life lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"how about the hipocracy of someone named MVPkilla taking a jesus-freak stance on my comment."

I hardly think that someone's screen name has any relevance to anything.
    On another forum, I got blasted and called an ugly creep because my screen name was Gollum. Well, suppose I said something really stupid or racist and my screen name was Mother Teresa...?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

good point

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Am I missing something here ? Anybody that shoots someone four times is either psychotic (and off the meds) and/or sociopathic. This has nothing to do with karmic re-alignment or anything remotely based on religious ethics or morals. I've broken up with many girlfriends and not one of them shot me. Nor is Steve Mc Nair a symptom of all that is wrong with professional athletes. It's an isolated case. Like some one mentioned earlier, if he is Steve "the bus driver" Mc Nair and not Air Mc Nair this barely makes the local news.