Steve Smith!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Steve Smith!!

Of the Panthers-- love to have this guy on our team!! He is the Rodney Harrison of the offense  Carolina does not have a first round pick--would a trade be worth it- I think so.  Carolina seems to to be adrift right now and maybe Richerson would make a deal with his good friend Kraft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Re: Steve Smith!!

i like

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

but for a 2nd not a 1st

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

for a 1st rder?  way too much.  Smith is at the end, a good stop gap, but that is all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Here is his contract

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2863667

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

i think we should go for it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Steve Smith is one tough dude. I'd love to see him as a Patriot.

The Panthers need wide receivers worse than we do, no deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I would trade for him with the 53rd pick, not for the 22nd. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

For mid or low second. Smith said on his radio show that he wants to be #2 and be a mentor to younger players (see Tate and Edelman). That would be a good situation for both parties.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I would love to see him opposite Moss....trade the Pats 1st for next year for him.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

yeah, one 2nd rd only for SS!  I do like him and would be perfect opposite Moss - works for me! good call negame.  Now I guess we hope the braintrust down on rt 1 feels the same way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This one actually makes since, I love Smith and I'm sure it probably wouldn't take a 1st round anymore.  The Rams are in rebuild mode and would love to add a few extra picks specially in this draft.

I would make it part of the deal they HAVE to take AD lol as part of it, would offer 44, AD and 2011 3rd or 4th for Smith and Eric Moore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

I say third pick 2nd round. cheers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I think he's been injuried a lot for the past 2-3 years.  Still a baller, but definitely on the downside of his career. Would be nice to have him on the team for his tenacity on the field - we need more of that on the team - but not worth a high pick at this time. I'd rather take my chances with the draft - or get Marshall for a round 2 draft pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!!:
    I think he's been injuried a lot for the past 2-3 years.  Still a baller, but definitely on the downside of his career. Would be nice to have him on the team for his tenacity on the field - we need more of that on the team - but not worth a high pick at this time. I'd rather take my chances with the draft - or get Marshall for a round 2 draft pick.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

I think part of his injuries (he only missed one game last year and two the year) has been he's the only WR they've really had and teams just go after him hard.  In a place where there are more weapons a QB that doesn't throw the ball high or behind which sets him up for a big hit will probably also help.

The guy is a baller and probably would play harder than he had ever played because he knows with him the Pats are better and have a good chance to get deap into the playoffs.  I think he still has 3 or 4 years where he could be considered a top WR, maybe not a #1 but a heck of #2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade1patfan. Show Wade1patfan's posts

I agree.  I started a thread months ago on this (Draft Day Trade).  I think Carolina is in rebuilding mode and with Smith getting older he will want to compete for a championship, plus he will bring a lot of toughness to the offense (something it is truly lacking).  I hope they get it done!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Smith is worth no more than a late 4th round pick and maybe not even that high.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Smith is worth no more than a late 4th round pick and maybe not even that high.
    Posted by rtuinila

you know we are talking about Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers right?  What are you basing your statement on?  One of the most productive WRs in the NFL even in a team that has little talent around him.  Even with a running game there's no one across from him Ds really have to worry about.  Even if you put 8 in or 9 in the box he still gets double teamed and produces every year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I'm basing it on the fact Smith is old and not long for this league and the fact Randy Moss was only worth a 4th. Are you seriously going to say Smith is better than Randy was when the Pats got him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

i like him but i say no. We have welker still yeah he is hurt and will be gone for a little bit this season but than under him is edelman and tate. Edelman is like a smaller version of welker and will do a fine job in his place til his return. Smith is getting older and gets hurt a little to often for me. I'd stick with edelman and tate until welkers return so than we can draft other things we need

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Enough w/ the Welker talk already. You cant depend on anything from him in 2010 and even when hes at " 100% " , it'll be 70-80% of what he was. I wouldnt mind grabing Smith for a 3rd or maybe our last second if we dont end up getting a 3rd this year. BUT if we get him we all have to admit that were prolonging the inevitable at the WR position.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I'm basing it on the fact Smith is old and not long for this league and the fact Randy Moss was only worth a 4th. Are you seriously going to say Smith is better than Randy was when the Pats got him?
    Posted by rtuinila

You are insane if you think steve smith is only worth a 4th round pick... And you cant compare him to randy moss, moss' situation was different. People (including the raiders which is all that matters) thought he was DONE. Guarantee u the panthers dont think he is done... he has been productive and has not quit on his team...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Freeway555. Show Freeway555's posts

I agree with Coolguy- you are comparing apples and oranges with the smith-moss comparison. it's like you don't understand they are completely different situations. and smith is not old. he is 28

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree with Coolguy- you are comparing apples and oranges with the smith-moss comparison. it's like you don't understand they are completely different situations. and smith is not old. he is 28
    Posted by Freeway555

Steve Smith is turning 31 in May he's not 28, in terms of the NFL that's getting up there in age. As much as I'd love to see Smith and Moss together that will be for only one year and then how many years does Smith have left? If we could trade back #22 for a 2nd and a 3rd I would trade the 3rd in a heartbeat but I still want a long term replacement in the 2nd along with a OL, DE, and OLB. The only issue I would have grabbing Smith, without grabbing an extra pick, would be at the cost of a long term replacement in a deep draft. We might not have this kind of shot to fix so many holes with young players again.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : Steve Smith is turning 31 in May he's not 28, in terms of the NFL that's getting up there in age. As much as I'd love to see Smith and Moss together that will be for only one year and then how many years does Smith have left? If we could trade back #22 for a 2nd and a 3rd I would trade the 3rd in a heartbeat but I still want a long term replacement in the 2nd along with a OL, DE, and OLB. The only issue I would have grabbing Smith, without grabbing an extra pick, would be at the cost of a long term replacement in a deep draft. We might not have this kind of shot to fix so many holes with young players again.  
    Posted by PatsEng

debating whether or not u would give up a 2nd for smith is a different conversation... but hes def. worth more than 4th round pick.. I def. wouldnt give up a 1st round or one of the top 2 2nd rounders..