Still no EXPLANATION of the Rule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Still no EXPLANATION of the Rule

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How does this call make more points scored?

[/QUOTE]

Dumber than a bag of rocks.  FGs are worth 3 points in this game called football, Bustchise.

[/QUOTE]

Oh. They are?  What was the score when the rule was enforced?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

THIS WAS A DISGUSTENG AND HORRIBLE CALL, ITS OBVIOUS GOODELL HATES THE PATS AND CONSPIRED WITH HIS NY CRONIES TO SCREW THE PATS. THEIR JELOSY OF BOSTON SPORTS TEAMS IS SO OBVIOUSE

[/QUOTE]

I know!  I hate that the NFL has rules too.  They should do away with all rules.  Rules suck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So how does this differ from players pushing, from behind, a running back carrying the football so he gains more yards?

[/QUOTE]

The rule applies specifically on scrimmage kicks.  It is a new rule, that applies only during scrimmage kicks.  Good or bad, the rule is the rule. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

So if its an emphasis to call it this year - why does it take an OT game in week 7 before it gets called? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So if its an emphasis to call it this year - why does it take an OT game in week 7 before it gets called? 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe other teams opted not to do something quite so dumb? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I just watched a different view of the play and clearly Jones did what he was flagged for.  Sadly, I am changing my mind on the call. There is nothing in the rule that says 2nd tier player. Here is what the rule says...

it makes no difference where you are originally lined up - Rule 9-1-3, the new rule, says "Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation." That’s exactly what happened in this play.

Team B is the defense. 

It's a safety rule.

[/QUOTE]

You saw it from the sideline view, huh?  me too. 

[/QUOTE]

The game view and the view being shown most was from behind the Jets offensive line.  The 2nd view was shown on the texans vs chiefs halftime and it was from behind the patriots defensive line.  Clearly Jones did exactly what he was flagged for.  Now could they have let the call go and never would have been questioned??  Probably.  But the official was about 5 yards behind Jones, and watching him. 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no he didn't. Stunting is not pushing Svitek from behind.

[/QUOTE]

Clearly you have not watched the 2nd angle of the play. Once you watch it you will realize everything you are saying here is wrong. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The whole offense can push the running back for a first down or into the end zone but a defensive player can't push his own guy thru the line.  Does that make any sense?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Anyone else watching the NBC Sunday night pregame show?  Just said that players requested the no push rule and that in over 400 field goal attempts this year - today's game was the first time the penalty was called.  Sorry something Smells!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The whole offense can push the running back for a first down or into the end zone but a defensive player can't push his own guy thru the line.  Does that make any sense?

[/QUOTE]

I know, right? Rules are so dumb.  It's like that rule where a defensive p;ayer can tackle an offensive player, but an offensive player can't tackle a defensive player.  So dumb.  I hate rules.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone else watching the NBC Sunday night pregame show?  Just said that players requested the no push rule and that in over 400 field goal attempts this year - today's game was the first time the penalty was called.  Sorry something Smells!

[/QUOTE]

How many times was the tuck rule called before they called it for Brady?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

And BB disagrees. NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000266504/article/bill-belichick-disagrees-with-penalty-call-in-pats-loss

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I just watched a different view of the play and clearly Jones did what he was flagged for.  Sadly, I am changing my mind on the call. There is nothing in the rule that says 2nd tier player. Here is what the rule says...

it makes no difference where you are originally lined up - Rule 9-1-3, the new rule, says "Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation." That’s exactly what happened in this play.

Team B is the defense. 

It's a safety rule.

[/QUOTE]

DO not start up, TFB12.  

THat is absolutely not at all what happened. Jones did not extend and sidestepped Svitek, which is nothing more than a stunt.

Are you telling me you can't make any contact at all with a teammate on the line when you are engaged in a FG or a PAT play?

It does make a difference where you are lined up.  That's why the LBs and DBs would always do it.  There is no way Jones had enough push, extension, etc, when his arms brushed up against Svitek as he stunted inside like that.

Absolutely not.

The rule was to defend against a big LB or Safety coming up and pushing the player from behind through the play.

You're wrong.  Flat out wrong.

So, is MIke Perreira.  That's why we haven't seen the foul for 6 full weeks of play.

Everyone knows they can't do the old school push thing anymore and Jones didn't do it

A call like that in OT? You've got to be kidding me.

[/QUOTE]

You are wrong Harvey, I saw the same angle TFB12 saw and there was Jones, arms outstretched, pushing Svitek from behind. Also it is a new rule this year, doesn't matter where you line up. If you push your guy forward, it's a flag.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the key point.  This wasn;t even called in preseason.  If it was an emphasis item they would have called it in preseason to get everyone on board.

But it wasn't an emphasis item and it isn't an emphasis item.

The ref that threw the flag needs to be invesitigated.  He might be a gambler.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can't push  a player into the pile.   does this mean that they are afraid this will blow out some guys knee or something...?

What is the purpose of this rule....????  heard John weenie Clayton say that it is an emphasis this year that is so obvious.   Right,   Great Rule.  Soebody explain it please....

[/QUOTE]

Also can't jump on another's back.  I'd imagine that both have something to do with gaining an extra, uncommon advantage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How many times was the tuck rule called before they called it for Brady?

[/QUOTE]

It was called in 2001 with Carolina vs Minnesota. It was also not a new rule, moron.

This is a brand new rule that allows way too much subjectivity, obviously.  

[/QUOTE]

At what point in a rule's life is a ref allowed to enforce it?  If no team had done it, should have the refs just called it one someone?  The tuck rule was added in 1999.  It wasn't called until 2001?  That's weird.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

I have the root of the explanation:

Points, ratings, reveue.

I've said it for years. Goodell is orchestrating any way possible to make sure as many points as possible are scored.

Why do you think our creepy penalties came out in the second half?  

Did you see the Geno SMith scramble and spot call? The ref could not have spotted it any worse and then Boger comes over and just signals 1st down when they should have clearly at least measured.  The fact is, Smith dover at that marker and the ball barely made it, but if he's diving at an angle, that means the ball is out of bounds before he got to the marker.

So, his knee is down at some point, short of the marker.

The Gronk "pick". Give me a break. The DB engaged Gronk so that is 100% impossible that call is applied correctly.

The Chandler Jones call was a thing that happens with every physical D after tackling an RB after every play.

Also, Perreira is becoming annoying with his stupid emphasis on saying Jones pushed Svtiek. In no way whatsoever, did Jones extend his arms. Jones stunting is not pushing his teammate forward. HE sidestepped and was trying to squeeze through.

[/QUOTE]

the regularity with which you willingly lie to yourself and everyone else is disturbing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the key point.  This wasn;t even called in preseason.  If it was an emphasis item they would have called it in preseason to get everyone on board.

[/QUOTE]

That's a serious accusation.  What was the spread?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

[QUOTE]

And BB disagrees. NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000266504/article/bill-belichick-disagrees-with-penalty-call-in-pats-loss

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. BB IS WICKED SMAHT AND KNOWS MUCH MORE THAN GOODELL AND HIS NY CRONIES

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I'M SO FAKKKIN PISSED RIGHT NOW, I HATE THE JETS, ESPECIELLY INCE WE GOT CHEETED

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have the root of the explanation:

Points, ratings, reveue.

I've said it for years. Goodell is orchestrating any way possible to make sure as many points as possible are scored.

Why do you think our creepy penalties came out in the second half?  

Did you see the Geno SMith scramble and spot call? The ref could not have spotted it any worse and then Boger comes over and just signals 1st down when they should have clearly at least measured.  The fact is, Smith dover at that marker and the ball barely made it, but if he's diving at an angle, that means the ball is out of bounds before he got to the marker.

So, his knee is down at some point, short of the marker.

The Gronk "pick". Give me a break. The DB engaged Gronk so that is 100% impossible that call is applied correctly.

The Chandler Jones call was a thing that happens with every physical D after tackling an RB after every play.

Also, Perreira is becoming annoying with his stupid emphasis on saying Jones pushed Svtiek. In no way whatsoever, did Jones extend his arms. Jones stunting is not pushing his teammate forward. HE sidestepped and was trying to squeeze through.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody likes the call but you need to quit making up shtt.

He pushed.  Arms don't need to be extended to push, that's just ignorant, ignoramus.

Oh there is that pesky fact, that he ADMITTED IT!

Stupid rule, at the most ridiculous time, yes.   Suspect flag throwing, yes.

Did he break it, yes!

[/QUOTE]

Was he trying to stunt or not?  He wasn't square behind Svitek pushing Svitek. Absolutely not. THat is what the rule if for, not what Jones did. And, the fact it's beyond debatable if he physically pushed Svitek is proof enough that is not worthy of a flag in OT.

The only reason why you are doing this is to deflect from Brady's crap second half, too. Also, Jones played well and now is being strung up, so you see this as an opp to go after BB the GM.

You're not fooling me, Pissdispenser.A stunt is not pushing your fellow linemen into the offensive line.  Jones, sidestepped Svitek once Svitek broke off the snap. If anything, Jones used Svitek as a guide through the line to try to slip beside him.

We see this all the time every week in every game!

[/QUOTE]
    no.  He was not.  he was trying to push his teammate through his opponent.  He never left his teammate's butt. 

As for the brady issue - it was a problem (as it is for every QB), BUT - NE's offense scored 27 minus the 7 (i'll add the extra) from Brady's pick 6.  Pats O scored 20.  Jets O scored 23.  Pats D loses to Pats O. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'M SO FAKKKIN PISSED RIGHT NOW, I HATE THE JETS, ESPECIELLY INCE WE GOT CHEETED

[/QUOTE]

I know!  Rules totally suck.  Did you hate all the calls today?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a serious accusation.  What was the spread?

[/QUOTE]

Look it up clown.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I think BIG is your cuz from Westport, due 2 his accent

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here is VP of officiating Dean Blandino On the rule change in September.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237712/article/new-nfl-rules-overloading-line-restriction-will-protect-linemen

He says you can't push from the second level.  Obviously

that's not how they wrote the rule, even if that is

how it was intended.  Bedard says the two plays that

were shown in camp from the officials were

from the LB'ers coming in from the second level.  

BB probably tthought hat that was the rule because the officials in

charge of teaching the rule, including the VP

of officiating were teaching it wrong.  Which blows, but the

call the ref made is what the rule says.  

Bad time to learn the rule but its over, the game 

wasn't just about that one play.