still some good pass rusher available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgram234. Show dgram234's posts

still some good pass rusher available

leonard little, greg ellis, keith bullock, osi umenyiora trade, and paul spicers a free agent and a productive defensive end

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Re: still some good pass rusher available

In Response to still some good pass rusher available:
    leonard little, greg ellis, keith bullock, osi umenyiora trade, and paul spicers a free agent and a productive defensive end
    Posted by dgram234

The only one I would consider a possibility would be Osi. Even then it is a reach, as he has never played OLB and seems to be a slight locker room distraction. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i wasn't aware that oakland is getting rid of greg ellis. the g-men don't want to trade Osi either. My bet is burgess gets resigned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The biggest two surprises of this camp coming into the season will be Fletcher and Deaderick they will both make this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgram234. Show dgram234's posts

In Response to Re: still some good pass rusher available:
    [QUOTE]i wasn't aware that oakland is getting rid of greg ellis. the g-men don't want to trade Osi either. My bet is burgess gets resigned.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE

greg ellis was released by oakland on march 8 2010

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: still some good pass rusher available : [QUOTE]i wasn't aware that oakland is getting rid of greg ellis. the g-men don't want to trade Osi either. My bet is burgess gets resigned. Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE greg ellis was released by oakland on march 8 2010
    Posted by dgram234

was he injured or something because if not he could be a good pick up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

a 6'6" DE pass rusher with 7 sacks last year and a former probowler wouldn't be bad, sign ellis as long as he isn't a locker room distraction. could definiately set the edge and has the size BB admires.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yeah..don't see the Pats have any interest in those guys you listed...I think Burgess will be back sometime over the summer or possibly sooner. 

Forget trading for Osi. I would however trade for Marcus Spears if he is available. Can't imagine he would be, but you never know..the Cowboys are loaded on defense....at 6'4", 309, he has 3-4 prototypical DE size. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgram234. Show dgram234's posts

The names you are mentioning are older players who are pretty much done and are not better than what NE has. Paul Spicer? 
    Posted by russgriswold

they arent long term solutions but they are some insurance, especially with how weak we are at defensive end, and can mentor cunningham

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Doesn't matter, the NFL just passed a rule that you have to count to 5 monkey's before you can rush the passer, 6 if his last name is Manning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to still some good pass rusher available:
    Posted by dgram234

Pass rushers don't grow on trees. These guys are either done, don't fit our system or in the case of Bullock, a linebacker that isn't known for rushing. I personaly would like to see them blitz alittle more and be a little more aggressive. We keep spending picks on corners, so they should be good enough to hold up on a blitz occasionaly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

pass, pass, pass, pass, pass and pass
    i wouldnt sing any of these guys, we have better passrushers on the team now
    we dont need any more washed up players, this would be Galloway take II

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that the Giants rebuffed any and all trade offers for Osi Umenyiora during the draft.

The Giants repeatedly told interested teams that Umenyiora was "off limits," indicating that any trade rumors were spread by the player's camp. Umenyiora is eligible to make $4.2 million in 2010, including $1.1 millio

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

If the Patriots signed Leonard Little I would puk e my guts out. Then I would burn every piece of Patriots gear I own. That guy might be the biggest piece of trash in the NFL.

None of the other guys excite me. Especially Bullock who ran his mouth and disrespected the Pats after they knocked his team out of the playoffs. I was under the impression that we were trying to rebuild this team with character.

I agree with the others on Greg Ellis. At the right price. It kills me to see how much money the DLine players are getting now. DEs have always been up there but it's getting completely out of control. Look at the insane money they gave Peppers. Or even Wilfork. It's nice to see him back. But I don't like spending that kind of money at NT.

The entire DLine is getting rich. It's making it almost impossible to build a complete team these days.