Still want Cromartie?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Still want Cromartie?

I found this on the SI.com truth and rumors page in the NFL section of the web site. I didnt grab the link so if you want to look it up go ahead. After reading this I would say the odds are slim that the Krafts would sign off on a trade for a guy like this. They are all about family values and this guy does not know the meaning of the words. Take a look and let me know if you still think we would trade for this guy.

The losses continue to pile up for one San Diego Charger. An NFL arbitrator ruled that San Diego Chargerscornerback Antonio Cromartieowes Fletcher roughly $32,000 in fees. Cromartie has suggested that there are financial issues stemming from child support. Cromartie has at least seven children with six different women in five different states. Last summer, Cromartie's agent, Gary Wichard, said that all lawsuits have been taken care of. "It's all part of the simplification process," Wichard said. "Everyone will be taken care of." One of the lawyers for the mother of one of the NFL player's children alleged that Cromartie is in arrears on $25,000 in child support after missing a Feb. 1 payment for several of the children. According to the Union-Tribune, Cromartie hasn't been paying on time. ???My client would like to see him live up to the commitment he made to his children in the interviews he???s given about being a committed father and make sure he shares the benefits of his lifestyle,??? said lawyer Steven Bishop, who represents one of the babies' mothers. None of these off-field concerns are boosting Cromartie's trade value or making Chargers general manager A.J. Smith a happy boss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Still want Cromartie?

Now when this guy says "I need to feed my family" come contract time, he actually means it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Imagine all the money he could have saved if he only used a condom.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Correction.....condom(s)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I still want Cromartie.  Him having alot of sex is not a problem in my book.  Actually this can helps us.  He needs the money just like we need a productive DB. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlpharettaPat1. Show AlpharettaPat1's posts

Look, I don't know if this is true or not but if it is then he has some character issues & I don't  think Kraft & BB would bring him on but if their some misunderstanding then I would like to see a trade, Cromartie for Maroney.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I like that trade, the Pats could throw in parenting classes, and daycare services to sweeten the deal.

Seriously though I would make that trade, rebuild the oline and draft a new RB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Doesn't anyone lend any credence to the articles written about him that he's got a learning disability and probably can't read? How is an intellectual peon going to come to NE and learn a phone book thick playbook? Does he have a tutor?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I laugh when I see how quick people are to give away, trade, or release  Maroney. Especially to draft a RB this year. There are an incredible amount of questions surrounding this years crop of backs. That's on top of the usual and always fact that they are unproven.

Check out some stats comparing Maroney to a number of other recent 1st round RB's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

IQ, I'm think I want to see what's his score in dancing with the stars more than his stats.  I think he wins it every week, nobody dances like Laura.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Cromartie has at least seven children with six different women in five different states. One of the lawyers for the mother of one of the NFL player's children alleged that Cromartie is in arrears on $25,000 in child support after missing a payment for several of the children."

That's a whole lotta modifiers feeding those nouns right there...buncha kids too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I feel for the kids. I mean I have a sexual addiction, I even went on the patch, but panties tied around my arm didn't help at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

If a player can contribute on the football field, then that's all that matters.  The only players I wouldn't want the Pats too pickup are players that get suspended because of off the field issues, thus unable to contribute on the football field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Maybe the backs in the draft are unproven. But that's the nature of the draft. That's the whole point. We know what we are going to get out of Maroney. And it's nothing good.

At least there's a chance that one of college backs wont stink.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why the hell do I care? 

I wonder if Belichick ever told Parcells to cut LT because he thinks he might have a problem with cocaine? Football players are humans, humans make mistakes, get off your high-horse. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

With the 199th pick in the 2000 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select... Tom Brady, QB, Michigan. ... I remember those words being spoken and I didn't think Wow there is the next Montana but I did turn to my dad and others in the room and say this guy is a good QB and wouldn't suprise me if he was starting in two years... they looked at me and said maybe but Bledsoe will have to get hurt and I said maybe maybe not... guess we were all correct there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

In Response to Re: Still want Cromartie?:
    I laugh when I see how quick people are to give away, trade, or release  Maroney. Especially to draft a RB this year. There are an incredible amount of questions surrounding this years crop of backs. That's on top of the usual and always fact that they are unproven. Check out some stats comparing Maroney to a number of other recent 1st round RB's. http://patriotsfootballplace.blogspot.com/2010/01/some-1st-round-rb-comparisons-to.html
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with those stats. They mean nothing when you consider the rest of the team around the player... The fact that Maroney has certain stats does not mean that a different RB would not have even better stats than he does...

I'm not saying that Maroney is the worst back in the league, but he's certainly not among the elite. He's your "about average" back. There's a reason that a 30+ year old back named Faulk is better on this team than Maroney has been - and a reason why BB plays those older guys rather than giving Maroney the rock 30 times a game.