Stop Freaking Out Patriot Fans......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Stop Freaking Out Patriot Fans......

Dez Bryant will probably get arrested for killing a street walker tonight as he celebrates his getting drafted, probably with Michael Irvin.   

We picked up a young, fast CB, which can't hurt our secondary.  Shawn Springs is almost 40 by the way. 

Plus we still have 3 2nd round picks and we still have a solid shot at the kid from Texas to be our pass rusher. By the way, this draft lacked quality pass rushers anyway.  It could always be worse, we could have drafted Tim Tebow instead of that CB.     On Sunday, let's freak out if BB doesn't get us a pass rusher, a good WR, one or two TE prospects.   The only thing we can worry about in this draft is we missed out on one of the three franchise running backs available.  

BB is trying to build a team that is solid everywhere and not exceptional one offense or defense, hence skipping over Dez Bryant.  Let's just wait a couple days to freak out, okay. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Stop Freaking Out Patriot Fans......

In Response to Stop Freaking Out Patriot Fans......:
    Dez Bryant will probably get arrested for killing a street walker tonight as he celebrates his getting drafted, probably with Michael Irvin.    We picked up a young, fast CB, which can't hurt our secondary.  Shawn Springs is almost 40 by the way.  Plus we still have 3 2nd round picks and we still have a solid shot at the kid from Texas to be our pass rusher. By the way, this draft lacked quality pass rushers anyway.  It could always be worse, we could have drafted Tim Tebow instead of that CB.     On Sunday, let's freak out if BB doesn't get us a pass rusher, a good WR, one or two TE prospects.   The only thing we can worry about in this draft is we missed out on one of the three franchise running backs available.   BB is trying to build a team that is solid everywhere and not exceptional one offense or defense, hence skipping over Dez Bryant.  Let's just wait a couple days to freak out, okay. 
    Posted by DuncanOrange

Now why would you say that about somebody.  You sound like an idiot.  I dont even know what character issues Bryant has.

Anyways, if NE wanted to draft a CB they should have done it later on.  Who is going to put pressure on these QB's in order for the secondary to be successful?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

Just Posted on Boston.com  "Patriots Plan on moving Tom Brady to OLB"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Patriots have a young defense but we still have some very good players on this team, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Mayo, Meriweather, are all Pro-Bowl caliber.   We have the possibility to have a very decent secondary, yes we need some linebackers and a pass rush, but people have to get over the fact the Julius Peppers isn't coming, neither is Jason Taylor (he worked out so well in Washington), if we land Kindle tomorrow or another pass rusher what is the big deal about BB's plan.  

On offense, we are going to go with running back by committee again, which I hate but it could be worse.  Fred Taylor, bust Maroney, Morris, and Faulk, aren't great but they're decent.   Tory Holt and Crumpler were very good signings, but no player in this draft will get us over losing Wes Welker, hopefully he returns after the bye week is productive again and Moss steps up.    

But everyone calm down, until Sunday....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

NFL WR's are killing people just ask the guy Stallworth crushed or Rae Carruth's baby mamma, it is a fact of life now, and a sad day when we have to worry about QB's as well.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Ridiculous reaction to this pick. The war room was been working on this draft for six months.They know the current eval on Crable, Tate, Mckensie, and the progress of last year's draft class. They have three picks  and a new third and the flexibility to move up and select their guy, in either round. Let the professional due their work and mute out the idiots...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

It's a case of the casual Pat's fan not being familiar with the player, the natural reaction is to question the move and put down BB and his personnel staff.

Kid fits their defensive scheme perfectly, smart kid (academic all conference) good quickness in and out of his breaks, good lateral agility/explosion, great straight line speed, good awareness and instincts in coverage, good toughness/physicality against the run, projects as an ideal zone CB.  Not to mention his ability on ST, where BB historically plays his starters.

The NFL is trending towards a predominantly passing league, to counter teams need better DB's, specifically CB' to match up against 3 receiver sets.

Good pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ACJsparky. Show ACJsparky's posts

Rounds 2&3 will be worth it. I believe that there is alot of unknown talent already on this team. Pass rush is a need and they will find value in the second round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

The only way this turns out to be a good pick, is if the Pats play a nickel defense on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I dont mind McCourty, but this is what bothers me.

we traded Dez Bryant for Devin McCourty and a 3rd round pick. 

now to me, Bryant is worth more than a possible solid corner and a 3rd rounder. 

Bryant will have an immediate impact.  McCourty, like Chung, will take time before paying off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i dont even care that much about passing on dez bryant, because i think it was pretty clear that he wasnt on the pats board. they obviously brought him in because they knew there was a good chance he would slip to #22, and they wanted to do their homework. clearly they didnt like what they saw. thats fine.

whats frustrating is that there is only one area on this team that is already stocked with young talent: the secondary!! adding another player just doesnt make sense, no matter how good he is. we dont have a 3 down starter at either OLB spots, or right DE. strong side MLB is a question mark, so is second WR, and running back. so adding a player in the secondary just doesnt make sense unless it was a 5th round pick or later. this team is not talented enough right now to just take the best guy on the board regardless of the position he plays. thats why everyone is so freaked out right now. and thats why it doesnt matter if McCourty is a good player or not. there are just too many other needs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

I hope the patriots go out and land that OLB from Texas to rush the passer tomorrow in the 2nd round, then either the WR from USC or Golden Tate who I think could be like a young Deion Branch in the Patriots system.  If we could get those two and them somehow land that TE from Miami it would be a great draft, especially if we can land some quality depth and role players with picks in rounds 3-7. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Dez Bryant will probably get arrested for killing a street walker tonight as he celebrates his getting drafted, probably with Michael Irvin.    We picked up a young, fast CB, which can't hurt our secondary.  Shawn Springs is almost 40 by the way.  Plus we still have 3 2nd round picks and we still have a solid shot at the kid from Texas to be our pass rusher. By the way, this draft lacked quality pass rushers anyway.  It could always be worse, we could have drafted Tim Tebow instead of that CB.     On Sunday, let's freak out if BB doesn't get us a pass rusher, a good WR, one or two TE prospects.   The only thing we can worry about in this draft is we missed out on one of the three franchise running backs available.   BB is trying to build a team that is solid everywhere and not exceptional one offense or defense, hence skipping over Dez Bryant.  Let's just wait a couple days to freak out, okay. 
    Posted by DuncanOrange
    I thought we already picked up 3 young fast CB's Wheatly Willhite and Butler

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

In Response to Re: Stop Freaking Out Patriot Fans......:
    It's a case of the casual Pat's fan not being familiar with the player, the natural reaction is to question the move and put down BB and his personnel staff. Kid fits their defensive scheme perfectly, smart kid (academic all conference) good quickness in and out of his breaks, good lateral agility/explosion, great straight line speed, good awareness and instincts in coverage, good toughness/physicality against the run, projects as an ideal zone CB.  Not to mention his ability on ST, where BB historically plays his starters. The NFL is trending towards a predominantly passing league, to counter teams need better DB's, specifically CB' to match up against 3 receiver sets. Good pick.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I think I agree.  Certainly was hoping they went Dez Bryant, but that's just the exciting pick and whoever is saying Dez is going to walk in and be an instant contributor doesn't know WTH they're talking about.  WR's are the single hardest position to project, which is why so few go in the first round.  YouCAN NOT have too many CB's.  They are just as much a part of a pass rush as a DE or OLB.

I understand the frustration with stockpiling picks and moving down, but with THIS draft, there's gonna be some gems avail at that third and early 4th we picked up.  

I'm glad they didn't take Kindle at 22 and Hughes is good for the Indy 4-3 but would never  work here, in our 3 time NFL championship system.  

To sum up:  In.  Bill.  We.  Trust.  You.  Nervous.  Nancies.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Typical knee-jerk reactions as one would expect.  These are the same clowns that dumped on the Vollmer pick a year ago before they found out what kind of player he was.  There's still plenty of good OLBs to be selected in this draft and I'm sure the Pats will pick at least one of them.  By all accounts, McCourty is exactly the type of player BB covets: smart, tough, physical and loves the game.  

As for Dez Bryant...there was no chance of him getting drafted by the Pats.  If anything, I'm happy that BB traded down with Dallas, acquired a 3rd round pick in the process, and screwed Baltimore all in one move.     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

BTW:

Gosselin has McCourty as the 24th best player in the draft.

Ahead of:
    Hughes
    Weatherspoon
    Iupati
    Odrick
    Kareem Jackson
    Alualu
    Kindle
    Best etc etc

Can we at LEAST save the carping and complaining until after the 2nd - 3rd round?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

It's a case of the casual Pat's fan not being familiar with the player, the natural reaction is to question the move and put down BB and his personnel staff. Kid fits their defensive scheme perfectly, smart kid (academic all conference) good quickness in and out of his breaks, good lateral agility/explosion, great straight line speed, good awareness and instincts in coverage, good toughness/physicality against the run, projects as an ideal zone CB.  Not to mention his ability on ST, where BB historically plays his starters. The NFL is trending towards a predominantly passing league, to counter teams need better DB's, specifically CB' to match up against 3 receiver sets. Good pick.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Ahemmm, you do realize the Patriots won a few games last year by the skin of their teeth and lost in the playoffs right? I mean you do know that right? And the defense pretty much wasnt that good right? So your saying now that they drafted a 5'10" CB thats mainly a special teams pleayer that everything is ok now? wow thank god for that,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

As long as BB doesn't start trading more picks for picks NEXT year.  I am sick of that SH** I don't have a problem with a CB in 1st round. 

Especially since BB refuses to get a RB under 35 on the roster except for Mauroney - who runs like Betty White.

But they better USE ALL THREE second round picks.  One better be a pass rusher and one better be a RB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Stop Freaking Out Patriot Fans...... : Ahemmm, you do realize the Patriots won a few games last year by the skin of their teeth and lost in the playoffs right? I mean you do know that right? And the defense pretty much wasnt that good right? So your saying now that they drafted a 5'10" CB thats mainly a special teams pleayer that everything is ok now? wow thank god for that,
    Posted by Stompper

Mainly a special teams player?  I guess you already have him figured out, forget about the 52 games that he's played in at Rutgers with 39 starts.

No idea what your point was in the first part of your post, you're trashing their defense from last year and then trashing them for trying to address their defense.  Their pass defense was lacking last year, so they're trying to address the problem, in doing that they selected one of the top CB's available in this draft class.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Posted by DuncanOrange
    I don't want to burst your bubble but i don't think Kindle is coming to NE,he has a couple of medical issues that may be cause for concern,one he's alledgedly Narcoleptic and he's A.D.D.,those might be a problem for BB and his coahing staff when it comes time too teach and he's either not paying attention or he has fallen asleep! In any case tomorrows another night and if nothing else the patriots acquired a third round draft choice and moved up in the fourth round and they got the guy they were going to take anyways if you all took the time hear his post round one interview. The patriots were going to take McCourty with the #22 pick...All in all a good night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bryant was ours for the taking.  After BB traded out and Bryant was gone I figure okay, a DE, TE would still be be a good fit.  Now I'm like W-T-F?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Stop Freaking Out Patriot Fans...... : Mainly a special teams player?  I guess you already have him figured out, forget about the 52 games that he's played in at Rutgers with 39 starts. No idea what your point was in the first part of your post, you're trashing their defense from last year and then trashing them for trying to address their defense.  Their pass defense was lacking last year, so they're trying to address the problem, in doing that they selected one of the top CB's available in this draft class.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07
    Good call MB! What most of these armchair GM's don't realize is that according to Scouts inc. McCourty rated out at a 6.8 out of a perfect 8.0 and there were no 8.0's in this draft and very few 7.5's and I'm talking about any position! To translate what a 6.8 rating means is that he should be a first year starting CB and at no worse he will use the first year to acclimate to the speed of the game, from that point on presuming that we are all alive past 2012 he will be a perennial starter at either the left or right CB position. I said this throughout all of the threads here at the globe that I thought that the Patriots would trade down at least once and that they could trade out of the first round all together,they appeased all the morons who know so much, by taking McCourty in the first instead of trading out all together and in BB's post first round interview he said he had an opportunity to trade out all together,instead he addressed a need on defense and tried to make the denizens of Patriot nation happy. Message to Bill you can't make this group happy short of drafting first in every round and winning the Super Bowl !!!!! I'll stick with BB and his method as it has served this Franchise soundly since he took over here....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Why do all of you people think you know how to build a team better than someone who does it for a living...? I remember similar threads to this last yr about the vollmer pick... Everyone whos freaking out is a moron... Still got the "Best" round of the draft to go... Not to mention, the pats came out of the 1st round getting who they wanted @ #22 w/ an additional 3rd and 4th! How the hell can you not be happy as a pats fan?? Have some faith that the person in charge knows a little more about football than you or the so called "experts" do..  If this kid can play, (and its not like he was a low prospect, he was rated around where the pats picked him) the combo of bodden, devin, and butler as top 3 corners will work well since alot of teams play 3 WR sets these days...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

In Response to Re: Stop Freaking Out Patriot Fans...... : Mainly a special teams player?  I guess you already have him figured out, forget about the 52 games that he's played in at Rutgers with 39 starts. No idea what your point was in the first part of your post, you're trashing their defense from last year and then trashing them for trying to address their defense.  Their pass defense was lacking last year, so they're trying to address the problem, in doing that they selected one of the top CB's available in this draft class.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Stomper is a fool, even worse than the other beauties on here. He watches espn and regurgitates what he hears. He wont answer any questions especially when he is clearly wrong. Reminds me of a little kid avoiding the inevitable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

McCourty is the best CB in the draft, look for this
    Devin McCourty pos. CB -New England Patriots
    Tackles : 50-60
    Pass Def. : 9-12
    Interceptions: 4-6
    TDs:1-3
    ON SPECIAL TEAMS
    1 blocked punt
    2-4 KR Tds
    Punt return average 15yds+