Stop talking about the jets as getting better or I'm gonna vomit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Stop talking about the jets as getting better or I'm gonna vomit

I keep reading about how good the jets are going to be on this board.  FROM PATS FANS!!!

The Jets were a really good team last year.  They LOST;
    Shaun Ellis
    Cromatie
    Edwards
    Brad smith

These guys were all major contibutors/startes for the Jets. If the Jets make another big $$ FA signing they'll be done with cap space.  Even if the sign Asomugha they are essentially losing all the above guys and gaining him and that makes them BETTER??? One dimesional defensively, and great at man coverage I'll give you, but not better as a team NO WAY.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Stop talking about the jets as getting better or I'm gonna vomit

The offseason just started and the Jets are the only team making the headlines. There really isn't anything else to talk about.

There are a lot of holes on that team and they do have a hell of a GM. We'll see what happens, but them getting Aso would definitely hurt. However, if one of those guys were to get injured, then their risk would completely back fire. They are playing with fire right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I tend to agree with Michael.

Personally, I don't want to hear about/from the Jests....unless its bad news, of course.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Media Hype

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Its quite rediculous that more than half of the topics are jets.  Im sticking to rotoworld mostly. i dont care enough to go back and forth with jets fans i will never meet in my life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Good.  I hope they're on the cover of every preseason magazine from here to Neptune.  And if you ask Roger Goodell, I'm sure he's working on expanding the game out there.  Likely with some version of the Bills or 9ers playing a regular season game.

In all seriousness, give them all the accolades.  I want to hear daily how great they're gonna be.  16-0.  15-1.  Whatever.  Hope everyone picks them to win the Super Bowl.  The Pats operate at their best when they're (somehow) under the radar and disrespected.  They were disrespected all last season about how they weren't that good, and they kept winning.  Then, come playoff time, everyone said they were the default AFC champs.  That didn't turn out so well.

Trumpet the Jets, all you want, everyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

So far besides rampant speculation they are only treading water(keeping SOME  of their own players) To see the media act like they are just making huge leaps forward is fuggin ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I'm a die hard Pats fan, but if the Jets got Asomugha, they would have arguably the best CB pairing in NFL history...

That's definitely worth talking about...

Maybe not on a die hard Pats message board, I will agree, but certainly newsworthy...

Obviously, if that doesn't happen and they stand pat, they're clearly a worse team...

I don't see how anybody can argue that...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I respect people that dont ignore the obvious , not homers who think Peyton Manning is the worst QB in the history of the NFL. Talking all PATS , strictly PATS , doesnt make you anymore of a fan. Just makes you less knowledgable about your opponent. And pretending that the Jets are just going to go away is foolish. Theyve beaten us when it counts and deserved to be taking serious. Plus what PATS thread do you think should be up thats not? If you think were missing something by all means post it up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: Stop talking about the jets as getting better or I'm gonna vomit:
    [QUOTE]I respect people that dont ignore the obvious , not homers who think Peyton Manning is the worst QB in the history of the NFL. Talking all PATS , strictly PATS , doesnt make you anymore of a fan. Just makes you less knowledgable about your opponent. And pretending that the Jets are just going to go away is foolish. Theyve beaten us when it counts and deserved to be taking serious. Plus what PATS thread do you think should be up thats not? If you think were missing something by all means post it up.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]
    We should have a thread about how your mom is such a w****

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: Stop talking about the jets as getting better or I'm gonna vomit:
    [QUOTE]I respect people that dont ignore the obvious , not homers who think Peyton Manning is the worst QB in the history of the NFL. Talking all PATS , strictly PATS , doesnt make you anymore of a fan. Just makes you less knowledgable about your opponent. And pretending that the Jets are just going to go away is foolish. Theyve beaten us when it counts and deserved to be taking serious. Plus what PATS thread do you think should be up thats not? If you think were missing something by all means post it up.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

thats all well and good if u are talking to people with logic. However, the jets fans on here are just here to annoy. Its essentially like speaking to a wall with an attitude.

Yes I know the Patriots are doing their usual wait and see approach and I don't expect that to change. There are a ton of good players out there right now.

Roy Williams
    Chad Johnson
    Steve Smith
    other Steve Smith
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Braylon Edwards
    Antonio Cromartie
    Ronnie Brown
    Ricky Williams
    Randy Moss
    Terrell Owens
    Marion Barber
    Ahmad Bradshaw

Those are just the ones I remember and there will likely be more to come. With so many options out there, why rush? when you can wait and get great value at every position since teams just don't have the money to sign some of these guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop talking about the jets as getting better or I'm gonna vomit : We should have a thread about how your mom is such a w****
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

Wow, pretty harsh haha...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'll say it.

Dear Jets, you're not getting older,  you're getting better!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop talking about the jets as getting better or I'm gonna vomit : We should have a thread about how your mom is such a w****
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

Internet tough guy huh lol. You really think anyone takes you serious talking noise from behind a computer. Just makes you look like this ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Stop talking about the jets as getting better or I'm gonna vomit:
    [QUOTE]I keep reading about how good the jets are going to be on this board.  FROM PATS FANS!!! The Jets were a really good team last year.  They LOST; Shaun Ellis Cromatie Edwards Brad smith These guys were all major contibutors/startes for the Jets. If the Jets make another big $$ FA signing they'll be done with cap space.  Even if the sign Asomugha they are essentially losing all the above guys and gaining him and that makes them BETTER??? One dimesional defensively, and great at man coverage I'll give you, but not better as a team NO WAY.
    Posted by Michael02127[/QUOTE]

Let me just add that there's more than one way to improve a team during the off-season. One has to keep in mind that the Patriots seemingly improved themselves more than the Jets did, through the draft.

Guys...it's early. The Patriots rarely make a big splash through free agency. Rest assured that they'll add some solid, middle-class free agents, before they're through.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Im hoping we grab Marion Barber. I feel like he has a lot in his legs and has a lot to prove. Maybe Roy Williams too. 

Trade for Chad Johnson or wait til hes released.
    Bring in Marion Barber
    Bring in Roy Williams for depth

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Agreed,

They are the only team I've seen turn the "sign big names" method into winning in the modern era.  If winning is 10 games and a loss in the AFC game.  However it should be noted that when they did it there was no cap and they spent 20million more than they can spend this year.

Good for the Jets, give them credit they won a couple of big games.  But I'm not worried, I will spot them 20mil again and still take the Pats.

It should be noted so far they have only signed Holmes (41st in Yards last year, Ben Watson had more), and Holmes was on the team last year, but he made less then so I don't see how this makes them better.

Who are the SB winners who go crazy in FA with a cap?  Not GB, NO, PIT, IND, or NE.  Dallas and the Redskins, so if that's thier blueprint they can have it.